Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I in over my head?  (Read 521 times)
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:50:55 AM

Simply get a job. You have a nice steady income in form of mining and that runs itself. Just check everyday that you mine what is best profitable atm. With that and a job you will be earning nice money. Thats what I would do. No way I would sell the GPUs. You would sell at a loss probably.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:59:03 AM

sounds like a troll , 70 cards for a whole business no way unless he was paying the rediculous jan to march prices for gear
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:21:35 AM

sounds like a troll , 70 cards for a whole business no way unless he was paying the rediculous jan to march prices for gear

It sounds believable. Restaurant businesses are very tough and they are difficult to make a profit in and they usually don't go for much when they are sold to another party. Mostly it's the equipment which has most of the value in a restaurant business.

The issue here is that most likely this guy doesn't know what difficulty is and he most likely thinks if he makes $2.5k a month he thinks he will net that every month. Which is not the case.

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:25:43 AM

It sounds believable. Restaurant businesses are very tough and they are difficult to make a profit in and they usually don't go for much when they are sold to another party. Mostly it's the equipment which has most of the value in a restaurant business.

The issue here is that most likely this guy doesn't know what difficulty is and he most likely thinks if he makes $2.5k a month he thinks he will net that every month. Which is not the case.

It probably still depends on the type of restaurant business. If you have a well managed restaurant it's pretty much smooth cruising and all you have to do is watch your people (gotta make sure nobody is slacking off and endagering customers with unsanitary food handling). I've found that well-placed CCTVs do the job well.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:04:42 AM

It probably still depends on the type of restaurant business. If you have a well managed restaurant it's pretty much smooth cruising and all you have to do is watch your people (gotta make sure nobody is slacking off and endagering customers with unsanitary food handling). I've found that well-placed CCTVs do the job well.
+1 for cctvs, i even have two on my mining farm
Vencas1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:45:34 AM

I hope for the OP sake it is just trolling and not a real situation.  Mining profits suck, there's no two ways about it.  Whattomine sucks.  If you use them you'll just be chasing your tail.  Estimates can and do vary wildly when you have mining pools self reporting inflated numbers, constantly changing difficulty, coin prices swinging wildly etc.
As soon as a coin profitability moves up swarms of miners move their hash to it and difficulty adjusts up and you're back to crap profits.

If you really bought those cards sell them now and get out before nvidia releases  the next gen and the market floods with 1070s.  If you want to mine go camp at Best Buy and get a next gen card the minute they come out and maybe enjoy 3 months nice profit. Or be in the first to maybe third shipment from Antminer when they release whatever giant Asiic coin sucking machine next.

I've recently started mining fiat.  It's POW, but unlike crypto I have to show up at a place where I have a "job" and actually DO things.  I suggested masternodes but they're pretty hung up on the "work" part...oh well
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

Mining profits suck, there's no two ways about it.. -snip!-

Stopped reading after that sentence. Wrong.

If you have any clue about what you are doing then you would never say anything remotely close to mining not being profitable. I started mining last Oct. 2017 and upscaled my mining rig operation last Jan 2018. My rigs are all paid for today and are now starting to earn a real profit and thats not even considering the resale value of my GPUs.

Then again i don't know why i'm correcting you. By all means go ahead and spread the word that mining is dead and is not profitable. Thanks.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:33:44 AM

Mining profits suck, there's no two ways about it.. -snip!-

Stopped reading after that sentence. Wrong.

If you have any clue about what you are doing then you would never say anything remotely close to mining not being profitable. I started mining last Oct. 2017 and upscaled my mining rig operation last Jan 2018. My rigs are all paid for today and are now starting to earn a real profit and thats not even considering the resale value of my GPUs.

Then again i don't know why i'm correcting you. By all means go ahead and spread the word that mining is dead and is not profitable. Thanks.
I like the way you think the more ppl that jump ship leave more profits for us I'm not here just to make money that's just a bonus
Zepp74

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:13:40 PM

Wow that is a big jump for sure. I hope you know or understand the crypto market well. It will take some time at current pricing to get your money back. Everyone hopes for a price jump again like we had in January but its all speculative.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:31:42 PM

This guy is for sure trolling.  No one sells a business (at least not a profitable one) and buys 70 graphics card to only realize they don't know what they are doing. 

not to mention buying ALL 2+year old cards, when were like 3 months from new series :O   1070/1060?  what a waste to buy TODAY Sad
did he just screw himself? if he's not trolling the easy answer is yes, yes he did : /
Ouch Sad

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Altec251184

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:03:35 PM

I would not risk it if I were in your place, and I did not sell the restaurant if it was not unprofitable, but I would simply collect the money from the profits of the money on the video cards, but still you took it seriously. Good luck to you.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:35:57 AM

There are 2 strains of solutions clear here--sell everything and get out entirely, or stay the course 100%. I ignore the third strain of pointless lambasting this poor guy, who has already admitted his mistake and doesn't need to be kicked while he's down.

One thing to reiterate to OP--you can go 50/50, 75/25 whatever on these 2--keep 25% or whatever of your rigs, mine and hold good prospects, and recoup the other 75% or as much of it as possible. Or whatever. Just stay flexible in your thinking beyond all-or-none, since panic can breed rigidity of thought that doesn't help in problem solving.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:04:15 AM

Mining speculative coins doesn't make any sense. Just mine the most profitable and stable coin like ethereum and exchange it for that speculative coin. You will get more rvn if you mine other profitable coin and then exchange it for rvn.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:21:22 AM

I like it how the OP makes a thread over a week ago, gets over 20 quality replies to his issues and questions and yet doesn't bother replying.

Either way since this thread was going off topic anyways.

There are 2 types of restaurant businesses out there.

The first type is like a McDonalds franchise, this almost never goes out of business. However the startup costs are huge and after fees there isn't much profit left unless you got a busy location.

Second is a private restaurant such as "Cryptos Chinese Food". The start up costs are very low and no fees. However it's very difficult to promote the restaurant so you get enough business. One bad Yelp review and you can go bankrupt.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: