Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 12:31:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What brought everyone here to bitcoin?  (Read 394 times)
mntmpl (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:04:47 AM

Since I'm new and need to get my first post out of the way, might as well make it a fun topic..

I first heard of bitcoin several months ago, but didn't think too much of it. I heard about it rising in April and then crashing, and assumed it was 'over' and had vague regrets for not knowing and being interested in it sooner.

I started hearing about bitcoin more often from one of my roommates, who has been following and using it for about a year.
About two weeks ago he decided to show me and some of the other roommates how to set up a wallet and gift us each .001 BTC to 'get us started.'
Since then it's risen quite a bit. I started doing some research and plan to start putting small amounts of money into bitcoin when I am more *ahem* financially secure.

rijapega

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:06:07 AM

IIRC I heard of bitcoin like a year or so ago, when investigating about the deep web.
 Now I am interested on it because I want to invest.
CoinManiac

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:09:41 AM

Read an article on "Silk road nabbed by the FBI" is the 1st time I came 2 knw abt bitcoin...

but guess that changed everything.bought BTC and now m happy  Cheesy

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: