Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:57:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confusion about Stratum Proxies and ASICminer Blades  (Read 635 times)
InfiniteGrim (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:45:11 AM

So I have my ASIC Block Erupter Blade setup to mine on Slush's pool via the stratum proxy exe they provide. Now I'm trying to set it up for Eligius.st, but I have one problem. All the questions I keep seeing point to this .exe, but my problem is.....isn't that exe only setup to work for slush's pool? 

Is there a simple way to setup a proxy for any pool?

That seems to be the only downside to these blade miners, they dont do stratum by themselves.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1854

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:35:44 AM

I was a bit confused by that also at first, but the proxy can be pointed at any stratum pool. "mining_proxy.exe -h" will give a list of full options. I've got a stratum proxy pointing at ozcoin with no issues.

mining_proxy.exe -o us.ozco.in -p 3333 -gp 8332

Basically, -o is the stratum pool hostname, -p is the pool's stratum port, -gp is the port on which your proxy will listen for local getwork devices (blades and such). I mine at ozcoin, so that's in my command line, but wherever you have a pool account, just substitute their information.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
mijanur

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:37:41 PM

try

bfgminer.exe

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: