Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you move wallet.dat file from bitcoin Qt to multibit  (Read 6339 times)
sl877 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:33:09 AM

ok so I have an old wallet.dat file from over a year ago on an old hard drive, i tried syncing with bitcoin.Qt, it was taking forever and would always quit by itself after I left it over 20-24 hours, And for some reason after trying it a bunch of times now bitcoin.Qt wont even open.
I have multibit installed currently with 2 wallets that im using, I want to know if its possible to make a new wallet with my old wallet.dat file?
Im on a mac and not good with terminal (command line) and pretty much confused with pywallet.. (not a computer guy.. trying to learn)

I have a windows 7 pc also if its easier

hope I can recover my old coin... help please
Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:41:33 AM

Easiest way is to sync your bitcoin client to latest block and then transfer the coins to multibit address. This way latest or total coins will be determined.
sl877 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:01:03 AM

Easiest way is to sync your bitcoin client to latest block and then transfer the coins to multibit address. This way latest or total coins will be determined.

your going to have to explain that.. like I said im not a computer guy, talk to me like im an idiot, no joke...

1. sync how? bitcoin.qt will not sync with my old wallet.dat file

2. cannot transfer these coins because I cannot access the wallet..
Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:29:51 AM

Try this

Find your wallet.dat of your Bitcoin client

Import this into a new wallet on Blockchain.info. Your balance will show up in there and you will have access to your BTC.
sl877 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:51:55 PM

Try this

Find your wallet.dat of your Bitcoin client

Import this into a new wallet on Blockchain.info. Your balance will show up in there and you will have access to your BTC.

thank you that worked, unfortunatly theres nothing in there :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: