Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone think the price is unsustainable? Only bears please and seriousness.  (Read 6897 times)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:42:08 AM

I have got to go get ready for turkey day folks so will sign off.

OP asked for bears to post their opinion on bitcoin. Not many true bitcoin bears on a bitcoin forum so I wanted to post my thoughts.

Good luck to you all with your investment. I will not be joining you.
Happy Thanksgiving

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:10:09 AM

You realize how difficult it would be to be a "bitcoin killer"...I'm guessing not.
Any beneficial characteristic that an alt coin has can be added to bitcoin easily.

Incorrect.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:50:43 AM

Now I know why your 'ignore' button is so yellow...you seem to be a little manic.

You aren't even close to addressing what I was talking about....you seem to have neither a grasp of how the bitcoin protocol development functions, nor a good grasp on reality.

And now I will add a bit more yellow to that ignore button.

Bitsurprise

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:19:30 AM

pyramid scheme
We have been over this. No. It does not fit the definition.

A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme.

Sounds like bitcoin to me. But opinions may differ the link in my post above goes to the huge argument about about bitcoin being a pyramid or not. Not interested in arguing the point.
Still no. You are wrong. Bitcoin is a limited resource, which is what drives the price up. It's not a matter of opinion. It's exactly as much a pyramid scheme as gold. Which is to say, you are wrong.

BTC is not a scam in itself but it is definitely used as a pyramid scheme , limited number of coins means nothing , i can make a coin now with just 1000 coins does that mean i will sell each after few years of marketing for millions ? no , there are maybe 0.5 million LLLL.com domains and most of them sells for low $xx to low $xxx , some goes for much more yes but most can be bought cheap .
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:45:43 AM

pyramid scheme
We have been over this. No. It does not fit the definition.

A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme.

Sounds like bitcoin to me. But opinions may differ the link in my post above goes to the huge argument about about bitcoin being a pyramid or not. Not interested in arguing the point.
Still no. You are wrong. Bitcoin is a limited resource, which is what drives the price up. It's not a matter of opinion. It's exactly as much a pyramid scheme as gold. Which is to say, you are wrong.

BTC is not a scam in itself but it is definitely used as a pyramid scheme , limited number of coins means nothing , i can make a coin now with just 1000 coins does that mean i will sell each after few years of marketing for millions ? no , there are maybe 0.5 million LLLL.com domains and most of them sells for low $xx to low $xxx , some goes for much more yes but most can be bought cheap .
You answered your own question. The value of BTC relies more on how well people accept it. So in the beginning it worths only $0.001, and it worths much more when more and more people accept it now.   The value of BTC now lies on all the miners, investors, traders, exchanges, public exposures, .... You can of course clone a coin easily, and many others have done it and are still doing it. However, without enough innovations, do you think your coin will receive the similar amount of supports from the community?
BitcoinTraderFX

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 06:12:13 AM

I think a lot of us are spoiled, in the sense that we live in a country where we can reasonably trust our own currency. Note that I said reasonably ; )

There are a lot of countries where their wealth is trapped by their fiat currency. So for them, they don't really care how much bitcoin costs, or what it's worth, it's a means of bypassing their countries barriers to move money.

Now -- that's a lot of money to flow into bitcoin. That alone will sustain bitcoin's rise.

The only thing that can be a problem is if people lose confidence in bitcoin, and triggers a "run on the bank", or "I need to get out." other than simple profit taking (and basic profit taking is really all I see on the charts at this point).

So with heavy money flow in, and still low spending of bitcoin, it has to go up.

: )

cj

www.QuantTech.us -- Artificially Intelligent Adaptive Algorithmic Trading Systems
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:52:07 PM

So with heavy money flow in, and still low spending of bitcoin, it has to go up.

: )

cj

I agree we are just starting to hit the public mania phase of bitcoin.
Probably a little over half way down the pyramid right now.
There will be plenty of "strong hands" to sell to at the bottom.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: