Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2018, 09:16:36 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MEEMCOIN - Scrypt-Based Altcoin - POW Scrypt - No Premine - No Staking  (Read 340 times)
josh707

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:14:39 PM

Hello Everyone,

My coin is an art project in a way, and will be used by myself as a token for various websites and services that I'm going to build outside of the Meemcoin project.  I made this just for fun so I will never be caring about exchanges or anything like that, I will just be building tools and sites to interact with Meemcoin to hopefully drive the demand.  I am using the default Litecoin code, and the tools I make will be intended to be compatible with Litecoin as well and hopefully be useful to other developers in saving them time building merchant gateways and things like that.  In essence this coin is just created for fun and I will be accepting it as payment for various art I will be doing and websites I have in the works.  There was, is, and never will be any form of ICO, fundraising, promotion, giveaway, or anything of the sort from the official project, this project is being done solely for the sake of doing it.  While I am committed to supporting this coin and it's network, I consider myself as nothing more than a custodian or tech support for the project and do not intend to gain anything monetarily or otherwise from doing this.

Coin Info:
Name: Meemcoin
Symbol: MEM
Algorithm: Scrypt
Codebase: Default Litecoin Clone

RPC port is: 9342
Listen port: 9343

Official Website:
https://www.meemcoin.com/

Mining Pool:
https://altpool.eu/

Solo Mining:
https://bitsolo.net/meemcoin-scrypt/

Github:
https://github.com/josh-johnston/meemcoin

Thanks everyone!
Josh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iso2000

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:15:31 PM

Smiley

Hello Мiners,
You can try our pool for Meemcoin

http://www.smilingmining.com/

Server location in Germany
Fee is 1%

CONNECTION

Code:
URL/HOST:stratum+tcp://smilingmining.com:3433
USERNAME:<MEEMCOIN_WALLET_ADDRESS>
PASSWORD:c=MEEM

FOR NICEHASH

Code:
STRATUM HOSTNAME OR IP:smilingmining.com
PORT:3433
USERNAME:<MEEMCOIN_WALLET_ADDRESS>
PASSWORD:c=MEEM,d=524288

You can add as node too
Code:
addnode=smilingmining.com

The pool is tested and already found first block.

Smiley

http://www.smilingmining.com/
findblocks.com

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:17:08 PM

We will have a pool up and running as soon as we have the source code Smiley

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com
Follow us on twitter ! - @findblocks
larks500

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:22:58 PM

Do you really think that scrypt based coin could be interesting for people now? How do you plan distribute this coin? I think that you will not find many hands for this coin. Moreover you need improve your site, it looks not good (at least) at the moment.

tippytoes

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:25:42 PM

At least you are very straightforward about your goals here. Let's see how far you will achieve in developing this coin?

josh707

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:46:24 PM

Hopefully this reply works, the forum keeps putting me in drafts Smiley

Regarding the mining pools, thank you so much for everyone who has interest in setting up a pool - I am working on getting a Windows/Mac/Linux desktop wallet released simultaneously with the code on Github as I would like to have everyone be able to jump on at the same time, and so as soon as that is uploaded I will post here and PM those who have contacted me with links to the Github page.  If for some reason my non-Windows builds are delayed today I will go ahead and release the Windows QT Wallet and the daemon source on Github so the ball can get rolling, but I will do my best to have everything available at once for the Mac/Linux users.

Regarding the look of the current website, I just threw this together in 5 minutes as a placeholder and will be putting a more organized Wordpress site up over this next week as I wrap up the coding for the client wallets.  There won't be a lot there apart from a block explorer, tutorials, and the basic information for working with the coin and installing etc.

In terms of interest in this coin as an investment or having a goal of it be any kind of monetary value, that is the farthest thing from my mind and will never apply here.  This coin is kind of an anti-project in a way, like an art piece, and exists just for the sake of existing.  This is really just for me and my friends to do something fun, as it is taking on a life of it's own and I just want to see where it leads, wherever that might be.

The actual REAL value that I hope this coin will bring to the Litecoin related technologies is that the tools I will develop to interact with Meemcoin will always be compatible with Litecoin as well, and so I hope to provide extremely simple libraries and tools for other developers to create projects that spend/store/use the coins without having to learn a lot of technicalities or bother with a lot of time coding.  I essentially want to create very simple "plug and play" type libraries and tools for integrating Litecoin/crypto in to every day projects, and Meemcoin is just the playground for this.

While I don't want to get too ahead of myself or reveal too much before it is done, here are some projects I have in the works that I will be taking Meemcoin for:
1) Automated alt-coin generator, so you can spend some Meemcoins and my server will actually build you your own altcoin with cross-compiled clients and everything, so if you decide you don't like Meemcoin anymore you can just spend your coins and start your own coin, I won't be offended.
2) I will be selling my digital art for Meemcoin.
3) I will be creating official Meemcoin products like custom minted silver coins, t-shirts, stickers, comic books, and very random artistic things for fun, that will all be created in limited/collectible runs and available for Meemcoin.
4) I am creating a "meming platform" that will live at "memememer.com" (the site is not up yet) that will be a collection of state of the art meming tools to help create memes quickly, basically it will be like the bridge of the enterprise for memers.  I will have a stats tracking system and meming leaderboard, and I want to have it so the most popular memers can earn memecoin by creating and posting their memes online.

I hope that gives a good idea of what I'm doing here, and I welcome any other questions you might have and very much appreciate the interest.

Thanks!
Josh
Kirday

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:40:16 AM

Res
kp5389

Activity: 47

Keep rocking the cryptos

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:27:49 AM

Dear DEV,
please release white paper and RoadMap ASAP.

F9ZxmuHHCmY9VkufswV83RrwXQfyuTVvyK
josh707

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:50:02 AM

I included this in my original post as well, I have the Github code available now for the daemon:
https://github.com/josh-johnston/meemcoin

I am working on compiling QT Desktop Wallets for Windows/Mac/Linux now, and will update everyone again here as soon as those download links are available.  I will also be writing better documentation and cleaning things up but want to get all the builds out asap so everyone who wants to can get set up as soon as possible and pool operators can get set up if they wish.

Regarding a roadmap, I am going to try my best to wait until my projects around Meemcoin are completed before describing them on the site, but two things I have in the works are:
1) I am building a "meming" platform that will be a website to help built memes, you can think of it as a fancy toolbox for quickly building those silly captioned images or "memes" people post on social media.  This will have a leaderboard and eventually pay out in meemcoins to the most popular memes by visitor traffic.
2) I am building a cryptocurrency generator that can be paid for with Meemcoins, and what it will do is take in a set of parameters and build a Litecoin clone for you, and provide you with everything you need to start your own cryptocurrency/coin from scratch with zero programming involved.  So as a random example, if you wanted to make a coin for barbecue sauce, you could effortlessly create a coin called "Barbecoin" or whatever just by filling out a simple web form and sending some meemcoins to the program.

As the related projects are finalized and finished I will be announcing them on the meemcoin.com site and my social media, but as they are all quite random in themselves it is almost better left to time to see what happens Smiley

Thanks again everyone <3
lallanlion97

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:48:35 PM

It seems good when you provide full information about your project, hope you guys success. Good job.
Tendo

Activity: 84

Nice guys finish last, smart guys make them run.

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:53:01 PM

you sir have my L3s when the time comes.! Will be following closely.

HeldCoin ●   Created for real use as a means of payment for the sale of digital content and microtransactions  ● (http://heldcoin.xyz/)
summer.sophia

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:05:43 PM

Which exchanges are you planning? When will it be possible to trade tokens?
josh707

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

I am not planning on any exchanges, I never will and do not care at all about them.  If people want to put it on an exchange that is fine and I can't stop them, but I am not concerned with that whatsoever.  ( I will be making a sister site that will live at "memememer.com" that will be used to earn meemcoin by posting memes on the internet, but that is considered a separate project that just uses Meemcoin as it's token. )

I am planning on making some apps that will use Meemcoin, and once I have that ball rolling I will be seeing if there is a way I can set up an exchange myself that will somehow let people trade for Dogecoin or something, but I will only do that if somebody doesn't beat me to it and will avoid doing that if at all possible.  I will never directly sell the coins or anything either, not that I could, as the difficulty is high enough already that I can't even mine my own coin lol, so I wouldn't have any to sell.

I made this coin to be used in conjunction with some art projects, development projects (that are compatible with Litecoin as well), and some websites that will be using it as a token outside of the Meemcoin project itself.  The real reason for this coin is just to have fun with it and see what kind of projects I can help build around crypto that help other developers easily build interactive crypto projects with minimal programming or technical effort (I am aiming to make ultra-simple libraries and tools for people to buy, sell, fundraise, etc. with crypto without any hassle).

Anyway I hope that kind of sums up my plans in terms of it being on exchanges etc.... in a nutshell that is something I will never be involved in or concerned with, and won't even speak with exchanges or to anybody about exchanges, or even entertain the idea of my involvement in that aspect of this project.  With that being said, I am very dedicated to this project but am not doing it with a financial goal in mind.
dzkrb1966

Activity: 280
Merit: 109

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:43:42 PM

If you make this system just for yourself and it does not get further support, then the project is unlikely to succeed. But, everyone knows the coin of doggeoin, which was built on the bare enthusiasm of one person and the coin is successful.

baundul

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Beta Platform Launching on mid-June.

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:53:29 PM

It is a good initiative that you are making coins for communication.
In essence this coin is just created for fun
All the fun does not come with different variations. But there will be another matter of making money for fun. Your idea is astonishing. Let's see if you'll ultimately be able to. Take care more on the website.

INPACTOR   |   A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM   |   INCITEMENT
█     POWERED BY CSR Tokens     █
ANN  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  FB  |  JOIN WHITELIST  |  Medium  |  LinkedIn  |  Youtube  |  WP
josh707

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:39:15 AM

Thank you dzkrb1966 and baundul for the kind feedback, this project has been gaining momentum in my circle of friends and I am really excited to start releasing the finished projects that will use Meemcoin as a token.

It is always tempting for me to lay out a "road map" and itemize the upcoming projects I have planned for Meemcoin, but I decided that it will both help my motivation and be more fun if these projects are released upon completion and developed without any hype or anticipation ahead of time.  My goal is to create very fun and simple projects that I hope will naturally gain popularity through word of mouth, and give the coin a natural value in the sense of access to different forms of entertainment.

I have cleaned up my website a bit, and thank you all again who've posted comments in this thread I have really enjoyed getting all of the feedback as this is my first coin project, and will keep you posted here as Meemcoin projects go online.

Thanks!
Josh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.