Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy?!  (Read 513 times)
TerenC (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:11:41 PM

Hi All!

new to the craze, I'm looking to buy a bitcoin. What is the fastest method? I know PayPal is not accepted, does anyone make an exception to that?

Thank you!
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:57:02 PM

A lot depends on your location, but coinbase.com is fast and reputable. They are not perfect, but they are pretty good.

Regarding paypal, I haven't heard of exceptions.

:-)

Hi All!

new to the craze, I'm looking to buy a bitcoin. What is the fastest method? I know PayPal is not accepted, does anyone make an exception to that?

Thank you!
Vezalke

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:59:09 PM

I dont think that you can buy bitcoin with paypal (not yet). Or the fee is to big. If you live in SEPA country, you can deposit to bitstamp. Transaction takes around 10 hours (I allready desposit 3 times).
coqui33

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Join localbitcoins.com and buy bitcoins with cash deposit to a nearby bank.

For Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or Regions Bank: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/15776/?ch=4ja

**Immediate. Reliable. Anonymous.**
Your satisfaction guaranteed!
Money refunded if request made within 24 hours of trade.
No questions asked.

Detailed instructions: http://backintyme.com/depos.php

My profile and feedback: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/coqui33/?ch=4ja

FAQs: http://backintyme.com/deposfaq.php

Armed Citizens and the Law -- NRA-certified firearms instructor
TerenC (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:41:46 PM

Thanks! I am in Ireland though, so Bank transfer takes way too long and is very expensive..
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:51:00 PM

I personally was able to get my hands on BTC by using currency exchange sections on forums. Be careful though, some traders may be scammers.
marykins

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:51:45 PM

Hi All!

Thank you!

YES, EBAY TAKES THEM
zamolxes

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:03:27 PM

Best way it would be to join a trading site and buy bitcoin from there. if you live in europe a good one might be bitcoins.de. it uses a escrow system
jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:04:38 PM

Thanks! I am in Ireland though, so Bank transfer takes way too long and is very expensive..

If I were in Europe, I would probably buy at Bitstamp.  Once you've seen your investment go up 50% or more in a month, you'll forget about the bank transfer fees.

Beware of these newbie mistakes:
-- Buying in a panic at an all-time high (ATH), just before the correction that always follows.  You get a better price during or after a correction.
-- Selling after the correction, when you should be buying.
-- Selling early in a run up to lock in profits.  That's how you miss out on the large gains.
-- Attempting to day trade the volatility.  You tend to be in fiat during the major price run ups.
-- Holding coins or fiat long term at exchanges or online wallets.  You risk them getting hacked.  You should store your coins on an encrypted wallet under your own personal control.

I recommend "buy low and hold forever," where "low" is a price at least 10% below the recent High.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:07:15 PM

Ireland should support sepa transfers so you 'll be fine with fees and transfer times of bitstamp.
However you should know that bitstamp requires id verification for withdraws.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: