Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help..  (Read 715 times)
cee3pee0 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:24:51 PM

So I've been mining with slush's pool. Before i knew what i was doing i was paid out 1.0 btc to a default address that was not in my wallet.  I have the address now in a blockchain wallet as a "watch only".  I am unable to spend it tho without the private key, can anyone tell me how i can get the private key for this address?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DualSignal

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:21:43 AM

It is impossible to generate a private key to a predetermined address.
cnk

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:56:32 AM

If a private key is lost, the bitcoins are gone forever.
Theoretically, it is possible to guess the private key, but it will take quite some time : http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/22/is-it-possible-to-brute-force-bitcoin-address-creation-in-order-to-steal-money/3205#3205
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

Before i knew what i was doing i was paid out 1.0 btc to a default address that was not in my wallet.

OK, I'll bite.  What the heck is a "default address"?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:19:48 PM

Before i knew what i was doing i was paid out 1.0 btc to a default address that was not in my wallet.

im not sure but it might be slushes.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

That's what I was thinking too.  So I think I would be asking him to transfer it into the correct wallet?  Seems more productive than trying to brute force a private key anyway.

vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:29:07 PM

That's what I was thinking too.  So I think I would be asking him to transfer it into the correct wallet?  Seems more productive than trying to brute force a private key anyway.

maybe but depends if the OP can prove it went to slushes wallet. slush is a pretty decent guy so if theres the proof then theres a chance but if the OP is just trying to screw money out of slush then theres no chance slush is way way to smart for that

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:09:01 PM

maybe but depends if the OP can prove it went to slushes wallet. slush is a pretty decent guy so if theres the proof then theres a chance but if the OP is just trying to screw money out of slush then theres no chance slush is way way to smart for that

I've just never heard of a "default address"!  That's just seems like a bizarre concept.  Why would a pool populate an account with a default address.  I don't think they would.  But hey, what do I know?

vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:23:16 PM

I've just never heard of a "default address"!  That's just seems like a bizarre concept.  Why would a pool populate an account with a default address.  I don't think they would.  But hey, what do I know?

i didnt think he did but like in guiminer if you dont set up your own account you mine to the default account id imagine ut could be the same with pools.. i honestly cant remember if there was a default address when i signed up to his pool

cee3pee0 (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:46:26 AM

i didnt think he did but like in guiminer if you dont set up your own account you mine to the default account id imagine ut could be the same with pools.. i honestly cant remember if there was a default address when i signed up to his pool

Yes, there was a default address there before i realized i had to put in the address from my wallet.  I have it in my payout history.  not sure if it belongs to anyone or is just a randomly generated address.  Not sure how to get a hold of slush, the forums link points over here. Def. not trying to scam anyone, mined for about a month to get that 1 btc..
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:52:12 AM

Yes, there was a default address there before i realized i had to put in the address from my wallet.  I have it in my payout history.  not sure if it belongs to anyone or is just a randomly generated address.  Not sure how to get a hold of slush, the forums link points over here. Def. not trying to scam anyone, mined for about a month to get that 1 btc..

Well if slush doesn't have an email address I would try posting in his pool thread and send him a PM.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: