Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:26:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone with an Block Erupter Blade? Does it mine something?  (Read 1588 times)
oliversl (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:58:32 PM

Hi,
I have been reading about the Block Erupter Blade, its 10Ghs.

I also have been following for months the online profit calculators and some say you could make some money/BTC with a 10Ghs ASIC, but some say you will loose money starting today.

So, my question to anyone with this ASIC: how does it work? Do you have ROI/even in sight?

Many thanks
Oliver
SwissMiner

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 03:03:40 PM

If you run the blade today it will mine ~7$ every day.

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:31:32 PM

Thats from a calculator or do you have one? Or an equivalent 10Ghs device? Thanks
viatorek

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:42:07 PM

it you runn block erupter 337 today it will mine 0.01 /month  Cry
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:45:09 PM

What is 337? I mean block erupted blade, its 10Ghs. 0.01 BTC?
surivrox

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 03:59:53 PM

Leave it, it's worthless. Try https://cex.io, it's the best way to invest your money at this moment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Mine bitcoins without a miner! Click and check now!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
thesouljourner

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:05:39 PM

Leave it, it's worthless. Try /1jALRQI]https://cex.io, it's the best way to invest your money at this moment.

I've seen this opinion stated a lot on here and on reddit.... however the online calculators seem to disagree.  Is it a get rich quick scheme? No.  But if your electricity isn't absurdly expensive, you'll still make money with them, unless the 3+ calculators I looked at were all wrong.

Whether or not they'll make money in the future is hard to say, since the difficulty goes up every time someone spends $100,000 on a liquid cooled mining installation :/

You should absolutely not mine with a blade without joining a mining pool, otherwise it's quite likely you'll never get anything out of it.  However, if you join a pool, you'll get a steady, albeit not very big, bitcoin income that likely is worth more than the electricity cost you.
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:40:25 PM

Thanks for all replies, I also get mixing advice regarding mining. Mixing advise regarding calculators. And the same advice regarding cex or trading BTC or GHs.

Mining: mixing result
Trading: that works, cex or BTC trading.

I think I will need to try it in order to test, will report back in 1 month.

Regards,
Oliver
caminilegroup

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 04:45:59 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 04:56:24 PM by caminilegroup

Three weeks with two blade ~20 GHs I netted ~60 dollars. Mind you I switched between pools (slush, bitminter, bitparking, multipool), and switched between zeta and bitcoin.

Right now I am solo mining zeta, joule, and bit (all at the same time). Zeta and joule will mine no problem, I am playing the lottery with bitcoin with only 20 ghs.

Find a pool you like and stick it there. Bitminter has getwork support, if you want to run btcguild, or any of the other with just stratum you will need to use the stratum mining proxy from slush as the blades only do getwork.

Personally I would suggest open a bitminter account and let it mine on it for a week and you can guage it from there.

I have no personal ties with bitminter, just a suggestion.

The is roughly 18 hours of solo mining for Zetacoin, 12 hours for Joulecoin, and Bitcoin. I had to restart bfgminer for server updates.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZCIVzOC2g0E/UpTSA2oOCGI/AAAAAAAAQTc/M4LWPDF_8NA/s0/Screen%2520Shot%25202013-11-26%2520at%252010.52.39%2520AM.png

Michael
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:48:51 PM

I've seen this opinion stated a lot on here and on reddit.... however the online calculators seem to disagree.  Is it a get rich quick scheme? No.  But if your electricity isn't absurdly expensive, you'll still make money with them, unless the 3+ calculators I looked at were all wrong.

What was the price you considered as a buying price to find out that it is profitable to mine with. For all i know if you have a blade right now your best option is to find the greater fool and sell it to him  Lips sealed
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

What was the price you considered as a buying price to find out that it is profitable to mine with. For all i know if you have a blade right now your best option is to find the greater fool and sell it to him  Lips sealed

lol

Thanks for the screenshot Michael
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

lol

Thanks for the screenshot Michael

Main reason for screen shot is to show that solo mining with blades isn't really worth it on bitcoin. You can solo alt coins no problem. I use coinwarz to see profit levels and adjust accordingly.

Slush has a good pool, and bitparking does merged mining. With bitparking I got .02 on one block, that block also took 56 hours to complete.

I know how you feel on the whole profitability concern. I started out gpu mining on my macbook pro, while waiting for my 4 usb 333 mhs erupters to come in. Mined for about a week on the usb erupters and like what I saw so I took the plunge and invested in two blades. I plan on adding 1 or 2 more next month.

Main thing is figure out what you want to mine and where you want to mine. Once you figure that out you will be set.

Michael
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:25:34 PM

Hi Michael,
I would like to own some BTC and break even in 12 months. I would be using a proxy and connected to a pool. This is just an experiment for me, won't quit my job to start mining.

Have break even on your hardware?

Thanks,
Oliver
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 05:38:56 PM

Hi Michael,
I would like to own some BTC and break even in 12 months. I would be using a proxy and connected to a pool. This is just an experiment for me, won't quit my job to start mining.

Have break even on your hardware?

Thanks,
Oliver

ROI in 12 months is completely possible at $7 a day, 24/7/365 mining would net you ~$2500.

I haven't ROI'd yet, but then again, I'm mining alt coins now. If I don't mess with my setup I should ROI in about ~2 months. 24/7/365 should net me ~$7000.

Keep in mind price fluctuation, difficulty increase, and down time.

For me the biggest thing when starting out is I wanted results now so I kept switching pools.

Unless you have 1THs I wouldn't suggest quitting your day job. 100GHs can net you a nice profit to play with, but still not enough to rely solely on.

If you need help on setting up proxy server just ask. BFG Miner has proxy support for the blades, and of course Slush's Stratum Proxy.

Michael
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:44:49 PM

Many thanks, hehe, no I won't quit my job Wink

And since how long are you mining with the blades?

Regards,
Oliver
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 05:48:41 PM

Regards,
Oliver

About a month so far.

Michael
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

Regards,
Oliver

About a month so far.

Michael

Many thanks Michael, will report back as soon as I have some news. I estimate in 1 month.

Regards,
Oliver
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:08:08 PM

Just one quick note, I don't think I will make 7000 US$ per year, some calculators say I will earn money until february because of the difficulty. But my idea is to keep posting info here. Regards
caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:29:43 PM

Just one quick note, I don't think I will make 7000 US$ per year, some calculators say I will earn money until february because of the difficulty. But my idea is to keep posting info here. Regards

The calculators are good to get an idea, but don't rely on them.

According to coinwarz I should mine 3500-3800 zeta in a 24 hour period. Right now I'm at 2375 going on right at 24 hours, so yeah I'm a little off.

Do I believe you can ROI in a year, yes. Do I believe you can solely rely on mining for income, no.

Hell, my ROI time frame just got extended as I just spent 840 on 2 more blades. Almost double what I paid for them not even a month ago.

Happy mining though, and if it doesn't work out you can use the blade to keep the yams warm, lol

Michael
oliversl (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:05:20 PM

Yes, they are getting more expensive. 15 days ago they were 330, now they are 400 US$ in http://bitcoinminerz.com 
If all go well, I may buy a Prospero X-1 in march, is just a hobby and a little extra income.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: