Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:43:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally someplace to post! How do you get access to other areas?  (Read 1163 times)
Mastro2k (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:33:03 PM

I had no reason to post I was just reading but then when I wanted to reply to something, I couldn't. Took about two days to figure out I could reply here, very frustrating.  Should alter the "Help" to say new members are super limited.

I wanted to inquire about purchasing this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253123.0

And then I thought, well maybe you have to donate to post at https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html which the donate says "You must contact theymos prior to donating" but then if I try I get "You are not allowed to send personal messages."

It's a vicious endless loop.  I had no reason to go down to "Other" boards as I was only interested in "Bitcoin" forums at the top. This is a "bitcoin" community.  Wasn't until by accident just now I noticed the "Newbies are restricted on all boards except this one" down in the "Other" section.

So how can I go about trying to inquire about that miner hardware for sale if I'm stuck in newbie land? I can't even message the owner of the post.
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 03:35:38 PM

Please check;

HERE

or post

HERE to get rid of newbie restriction.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:35:53 PM

just chill man. Take your post count above 4 and get more active here and you'll get access to all other threads

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Mastro2k (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:44:59 PM

Sorry, I just don't post on stuff normally to post stuff so my post count will never be high. Only on things I actually want to post on, like that hardware. Plus I spent two days clicking around trying to figure out if I had done something wrong, trying to do a search but limited to only searching every minute, which takes forever. So I was very frustrated by the time I got to posting this.
tyler27

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:57:57 PM

Same newbie situation here, hope to become a valuable member of the forum  Smiley
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:04:01 PM

Nothing much to do just be active for 4 hours and post 1 post you can get access to other posts.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:21:14 PM

Kill some time, post a few

And sooner or later you get out of newbie jail..

stevemurray

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:34:59 PM

I would really like to reply to some threads and give my input but I am very much restricted still. Sad
mortenmoulder

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:51:52 PM

I didn't know where to go neither. Thanks to #2 for replying.
I applied for the whitelist. Smiley
dbzenhosting

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:54:25 AM

Replying... Need to get my post up. Just signed up.
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:09:07 AM

There are other forums out there with stricter rules than this one, and we're far from the good old days of late 90's / early 2000's IRC where you could be perma ban on certain chans if you joined without saying "hello", just because a mod was on a hissy fit.

This is hard, but its required and I support this endehavour.
kajigger

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:23:19 AM

Thanks for the info.
I've been here a long time but just registered a week ago.
I like this Forum very much.
melacs

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:40:20 AM

Yes, I understand the restrictions to limit spammers, but I also had the same problem. You read a post, you register to give a decent reply and then suddenly: The newbie wall. Shocked
It would be useful if some of the content in the Newbie section was of higher quality. Well, I guess that would also justify the wall.
Anyway I guess this is my one post. Grin
JPNYC

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:59:58 AM

Why can't I just lurk?
Susie

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:54:06 AM

have the same problem as you, sad  Sad Sad Sad Sad
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:01:20 AM

You have to reach a certain number of posts before you can post on other sections of the forum.
tempsx

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:20:10 AM

I had no reason to post I was just reading but then when I wanted to reply to something, I couldn't. Took about two days to figure out I could reply here, very frustrating.  Should alter the "Help" to say new members are super limited.

I wanted to inquire about purchasing this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253123.0

And then I thought, well maybe you have to donate to post at https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html which the donate says "You must contact theymos prior to donating" but then if I try I get "You are not allowed to send personal messages."

It's a vicious endless loop.  I had no reason to go down to "Other" boards as I was only interested in "Bitcoin" forums at the top. This is a "bitcoin" community.  Wasn't until by accident just now I noticed the "Newbies are restricted on all boards except this one" down in the "Other" section.

So how can I go about trying to inquire about that miner hardware for sale if I'm stuck in newbie land? I can't even message the owner of the post.

You can make your post anywhere after just 1 post and 4 hours.
DoomeD

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:57:51 PM

Why can't I just lurk?

+1, I like to lurk.
Nurithiel

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

You can make your post anywhere after just 1 post and 4 hours.

Thank you for the information.
kenji543

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:58:53 PM

Yeah I was confused too. I registered and then I thought that I can post a question on one of the subforums but I couldn't. I gave up and now months later i learned about the newbit section and I'm back, so hopefully I can get out of newbie jail, lol.

Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: