Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mcxNOW shutdown, Scam?  (Read 892 times)
chowderman (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:57:02 PM

After having operated for 7 months mcxNOW is opting to shutdown with claims of re-inventing the site for its users. The fishy part is mcxFEE's about 2 months old are in-house shares in which have been sold to a tune of 0.4BTC at the time before the current rise in price. At this time it appears the owner isn't even offering to buy back the shares, after having roughly sold 50,000 shares, at the price of 0.4 BTC thats quite a lot. 20,000 BTC and at the current value of the moment that is roughly $17.66 Million and now he is shutting down the site....He claims he needs to remake the site, that no one else can manage the C++ code. It's pretty common for professional developers to inherit sites from other developers and make changes and maintain it, but perhaps he is more skilled than everyone else so only he can do it.

You guys be the judge, but all I can say it looks fishy, selling all those shares and shutting down, using a sob story to get away clean, either way, not cool, leaving a lot of people out in the cold. Make note anyone calling him out in his own chat, he makes a point to ban, seems none are allowed to speak out against him. I am not even a mcxFEE holder, but I feel for those that are, no one deserves that. So we shall see if he is a scammer or not if he returns with his new site. I would like to be proven wrong. I would hate to see people lose so much to a Chop Shop fraud scheme that this appears to be.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:10:28 PM

There is another thread on cyrptocurrency board about the same you could access that. That thread discusses about this in full.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: