Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open question: When to sell! (Ah!)  (Read 422 times)
miken123 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:14:58 PM

I know - it's like any other investment.. it's a hard question to answer.

I've day traded and such long before getting into the btc bandwaggon but now I'm here toO!   

I've doubled my investment through BTC and now am considering either selling, selling some, or not selling any.

It's hard to answer the question of when to sell - even if it wasn't BTC.  If you owned stock and it doubled in a few weeks would you sell?  My answer would be no (why not keep betting on a winning horse?) - especially not if you didn't need the money and wouldn't break the bank if it all devalued to zero..

But I'm curious if any of this is different for BTC - as well as curious to hear you guys'/gals' takes on it. 
It's in its infancy so it has a LOT of growth potential (but the opposite is true too).. Anyway just a fun topic.

BTCFree!
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:36:24 PM

I'd sell when it hits about 900 or 1000 USD. I doubt it will go any higher than that especially since half of the possible amount of Bitcoins that can be mined have already been mined, mraning a crash is imminent.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:39:55 PM

I'd sell when it hits about 900 or 1000 USD. I doubt it will go any higher than that especially since half of the possible amount of Bitcoins that can be mined have already been mined, mraning a crash is imminent.

How exaclty the fact that half of the bitcoin have been mined already correlates with a possible crash?
A lot of people will sell at 1000$ but don't be so sure that it won't go higher. After all we have seen a lot of flash crashes followed by flash rises.
miken123 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:55:12 PM

My bet is that it will take a big dip near new years day (or shortly after).

Many people may secretly be waiting till 2014 to make cash out any BTC profits so that they have a year until their taxes are due and by then it will be more clear what you're supposed to do when reporting them?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:01:16 PM

So, there is about 200 trillion dollars fiat money out there in the world. Divide it with 22 million bitcoins and you got the answer  Cool
miken123 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:03:06 PM

So, there is about 200 trillion dollars fiat money out there in the world. Divide it with 22 million bitcoins and you got the answer  Cool

Not a bad idea!  Except they keep printing more fiat all the time so i guess BTC's value should be even higher than the value your calculation describes! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: