Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:36:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ***EDITED***  (Read 484 times)
makakadu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:05:32 AM

Yes it is annoying, but we must accept this, because now it can not be otherwise. You just need to get distracted and wait, if you're not a trader
blmpnetwork (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:15:37 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2020, 10:16:03 PM by blmpnetwork

***EDITED***
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:19:30 AM

What are the best methods of protecting the community from these campaigns?

The best defense is only qualified market participants who know the rules of the game and do not run to sell at a loss, and buy at the peak of value. While the market is flooded with newcomers, whose desire to own cryptocurrency outweighs the desire to understand at least a little market principles, tools such as pump and dump will remain a powerful lever of influence on this market.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
lexavl88

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:20:31 AM

The dubious protection what do the people themselves. If I understand correctly, you're talking about speculation. There is nothing to be done, it involves thousands of people who for money, provide an opinion on their own behalf.
blmpnetwork (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:22:04 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2020, 10:16:19 PM by blmpnetwork

***EDITED***
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:32:51 AM

Honestly cryptocurrency is still in its infancy, so "pump and dumps" are definitely going to make up a strong part of the ecosystem, until the market/industry naturally normalizes. However, if there's one which can be done, it is dedicated due diligence of projects. I say this because, it would appear that there is a strong correlation to scam/un-serious projects and pump and dumps. So now if the community can be educated such projects, then it would be avoided, or reduced to a certain degree. But this would take serious dedication from someone maybe here on this forum, and if it beneficial to the forum, it is one way to earn "hardwork-valued" merit.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:25:49 AM

As crypto trading is large unregulated these pump and dump groups are not illegal and will therefore continue to operate. The only way to stop it is to encourage people not to join in. It's just a short term ponzi scheme with the newbies or late traders making serious losses.

KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:29:41 AM

Do you mean all these strange Telegram and Twitter groups that say the people one coin will moon within seconds... Or do you mean the whole crypto market because nearly every chart gets pumped and dumped.. We need to say the people that they have to start holding all the stuff man!
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:19:48 AM

The best method is to not participate in those pump and dump campaigns. But theres no way you can stop that. There are thousands of people in those pump and dump groups, and they are all greedy. They want to make fast money, and thats why they will never stop to pump and dump. The only way is to stopp them is when you are a whale and when tey want to pump you have to sell so many coins that it cant be happen. But who would do this?
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:24:03 AM

Since pump and dumps are prohibited by law, regulation could make an end to these endless pump and dumps. I don’t think it will be something governments focus on first though, as they want to take part of the cake themselves first before focusing on anything else

Are you really asking for government regulation? Have you understood even a single word of the concept of decentralisation? Have you heard about a man called Satoshi?

You'd better keep to your regulated fiat money. That'll make the world a better place.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:57:21 AM

Reality is you cannot do much about it. I was reading the post of a project owner in an ANN thread how he mentioned that some big whales captured most of their coins in initial launch. So even the people owning the projects could not do anything about this.

However, you can keep yourself away from such projects. You can do so by investing only in top 5 or top 10 coins based on market cap. You can find such lists on sites like coinmarketcap.

Signature available for rent
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:01:43 PM

I think we can not control people when they want dumping their coin/token. They must be considering many aspect before some one dumping their coin maybe because they just need cash for their purpose. I think its hard to control market behaviour
I am believe if we want to stop dump and pump, its begin on our self

liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:09:28 PM

I think it's important to release the right information in time.
Because people lack access to the latest information.

chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:10:19 PM

It's something you don't have control over it, if you understand crypto space very well, you will see that every one control their fund through private keys and since they control their private keys, they can do anything they want with it, so you can't really stop pump and dump in the community.

Abigail.Parsons

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:11:50 PM

This may go against everything most people want within this space but I think some regulatory oversight is the only thing that can bring an end to these types of schemes. I think SRO's can only do so much, the enforcing of the law is the only real action that can deter potential "pump and dumpers"
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:28:53 PM

I don't think it is unstoppable unless many people learn and understand the crypto space which i think it is impossible to so pump and dump is not not stoppable it is something we just have to deal with and that's it.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:54:03 PM

Pump and dump are the natural life of cryptocurrency business, so we need to adopt on that situation, in order to make our life brighter in cryptocurrency business, all we need to do are follows on what rules that contributes good things to all crypto enthusiasts like us.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:55:57 PM

What is the meaning of pump and dump? Does that mean the coin is going to pump for a while and you should dump because it will never pump again?

EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

for me we can stop it by checking thoroughly the campaign we are joing in, if it really is a good coins or not, and if its not then we should not be joining this campaigns and look for good campaigns to support.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:07:04 PM

Where in the world that has Pump and dump campaign?is that an ico?lol 😂😂😂

Next time you will be making some thread make sure that it will be understandable and will be coped by readers..

But if your pointing to those whales that manipulating this market buy doing some pump and dumo ,well i think we cant do anything about that because they have the power to do that
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: