Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compile bfgminer 3.7.1 with cpu enabling for win 32 and 64 bit?  (Read 4927 times)
Dealazer (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 05:05:32 PM

As I know over at: https://gitorious.org/bitcoin/bfgminer Luke Dashjr, the author of bfgminer released version 3.7.1

If someone would be interested in compiling 3.7.1 with cpu enabled possiblities that would be an great effort for those who mine scypt currencies with cpu.

It is known that SHA-256 mining with cpu is not cost-efficient. But with profitablity even better for scrypt that would really be the best effort.

As I know bfgminer 3.7.1 is quite an better build than newest cgminer, and it's really better compared.

If somebody would compile cpu enabled 3.7.1 posting they're LTC, FTC, DGC, and other wallets they might see donations coming to them even faster than ever.

As for people using cgminer it's important to install usb drivers for asic usb erupters again, as it changes to original state for those who wanna try 3.7.1 of bfgminer.

Thanks much to the first one creating an compiled version of 3.7.1 enabled with cpu. As I know bfgminer is the fastet build of cpumining, but author did not implement it in win binaryes.

Hope this would not cause problems and missunderstanding with author of bfgminer.

My website full of music -->  www.dealazer.com
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fulanomengano

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

Did you find anyone to do this for you yet?

I have the same interest and I'm working on compiling the latest version (3.10.0 if I'm not mistaken). It is taking quite long since I haven't use C in more than 20 years and it is taking me some time to get up to date. I've been working on it for the last couple of days but I think I'm almost there.

I will be creating a scrypt and CPU enabled 64 bit version for myself. Let me know if you are still interested.

FM
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

There are step-by-step instructions in the BFGMiner repo:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/windows-build.txt

It's a lot of steps but it's all copy-and-paste and verified working. It also includes steps for enabling CPU mining.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
fulanomengano

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:48:02 PM

There are step-by-step instructions in the BFGMiner repo:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/windows-build.txt

It's a lot of steps but it's all copy-and-paste and verified working. It also includes steps for enabling CPU mining.

Thanks Nate. I originally was working with other instructions that I found online, but there were inconsistencies, some vague instructions and compatibility errors that I was slowly fixing by googling my brain out.

Luckily, after I forked BFGMiner to my local computer I found these instructions that you mentioned and I'm following them. I decided to start from scratch to avoid any problems left over from my previous experimentation. So far everything is working smoothly, so that's why I think that I'm might have a running exe by tomorrow. But my job (the one that pays in non-crypto coins :-)) is interfering a little bit.

FM
fulanomengano

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:41:37 AM

Well, I have my first Windows exe running. It's only 32 bits and quite slow, but is something. Will keep fiddling with it. Any advice on how to optimize or compile a 64 bits version will be greatly appreciated.

FM
Racer8

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:59:20 PM

Do you have a zip you can send me please?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: