Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email notifications problems  (Read 129 times)
lispi (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:48:16 AM

I have read several threads in the past, but I could not get the answer why and what is happening with notifications. I did register to receive notifications about new topics on one board, namely Announcements (Altcoins), but I only get a few emails per day, while there are tens of new topics appearing every day.
I am using Gmail, and I have checked spam folder, which had no messages from Bitcoin Talk.
Does anybody know what is the reason for that and what could be done, so that one could be notified about ALL the new topics?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:38:29 AM

When you opt for "notify" on the board itself for example in your case Announcements (Altcoins)
You will receive the notification when "New Topic" is added.

No there are not "tons" of topics added to Announcements (Altcoins) daily... specially in this board new topics are little less as compared to any other board like Bitcoin Discussion.

So keep in mind there two types notification Board level notifications when new topic is added and post level notifications when post/reply is added in topics you posted already or you selected to be notified.

I guess what you might be referring is new "Posts" or replies in other words. You won't get automatic notification for those unless you specifically select "notify" for each topic.

To do that you have to open the each topic and on the top right side you to click notifiy button.

Did you try using "Watchlist", i will suggest use this, it will be very help full and you can add board it self (it will add new topics on the board to your watch list automatically)

https://i.imgur.com/n3U5jP4h.jpg

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:31:36 AM

More topics may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them.

By simply enabling notifications, you will not get notified of all the topics on Announcements (Altcoins), but you have to login and actively visit that board to get notified about new threads.
lispi (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:48:43 AM

When you opt for "notify" on the board itself for example in your case Announcements (Altcoins)
You will receive the notification when "New Topic" is added.

No there are not "tons" of topics added to Announcements (Altcoins) daily... specially in this board new topics are little less as compared to any other board like Bitcoin Discussion.

So keep in mind there two types notification Board level notifications when new topic is added and post level notifications when post/reply is added in topics you posted already or you selected to be notified.

I guess what you might be referring is new "Posts" or replies in other words. You won't get automatic notification for those unless you specifically select "notify" for each topic.

To do that you have to open the each topic and on the top right side you to click notifiy button.

Did you try using "Watchlist", i will suggest use this, it will be very help full and you can add board it self (it will add new topics on the board to your watch list automatically)

Thank you for a very good explanation.
Well, I did not mean "tons", but rather "tens" (more than 20 and less than 100), which is probably true.
I am interested in notification about EVERY NEW post (not replies to old posts) in this particular board and I have registered for that. But I do get notification about one of maybe 10 new posts, though I do check out every one of them on site and even check most other new posts when ordering the board messages by new posts (by appending URL "board=159.0;sort=first_post;desc"). So I am good, but the email notifications would help me a little to keep the track what I have read and what is still to be checked.

I am not sure, but I think that when I am actually "online" in this forum, the emails are coming much more often. But since I cannot be always online - it does not solve my problem. Maybe it will change when I am not a "Newbe".

However I had not tried the Watchlist yet and thank you for pointing that out to me. I'll try that and maybe that will be the best solution Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: