Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to rent SCRYPT hashing power  (Read 525 times)
Trowar11 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any SCRYPT hashing power they are willing to rent to me?

It would need to be configured to use my specified altcoin pool and login/password.

I'm looking for around between 5-10 KH/s at a flat rate payment for 1 week. Afterwards I may choose to extend for another week, etc.

As I have no trust rating, payment would be made in full, in advance and by PayPal however I'd like to see some evidence you are trustworthy as a provider.

Thanks in advance.
mcramer

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:22:31 PM

hey Trowar I'm new too-

I am just wondering...  what altcoin are you wanting to mine?  I have R9 290xs which are great for mining but even at full hash 880+ I'm only looking at making $33 a day mining litecoin :/

how is that even worth it after electricity? 

would you share or pm me what coin you are mining?  If it's something I haven't heard of I'll give you the hashing power for free-

thx
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:28:58 PM

I'm looking for around between 5-10 KH/s at a flat rate payment for 1 week. Afterwards I may choose to extend for another week, etc.

I believe you are looking for 5-10 MH/s, correct?

5-10KH/s is like what my iPhone can hash at... maybe less.

I am just wondering...  what altcoin are you wanting to mine?  I have R9 290xs which are great for mining but even at full hash 880+ I'm only looking at making $33 a day mining litecoin :/

I believe $33 a day is wrong, but if it isn't, then that is a hell of an energy draw considering it costs over $12,000 to power that card for a year!?
Trowar11 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:43:38 PM

I believe you are looking for 5-10 MH/s, correct?

5-10KH/s is like what my iPhone can hash at... maybe less.

I am just wondering...  what altcoin are you wanting to mine?  I have R9 290xs which are great for mining but even at full hash 880+ I'm only looking at making $33 a day mining litecoin :/

I believe $33 a day is wrong, but if it isn't, then that is a hell of an energy draw considering it costs over $12,000 to power that card for a year!?

My bad, you are correct 5-10MH/s.

It's been a long day at work!
mcramer

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:58:04 PM

wait, what?

$12,000/year, no...

anyway, I have 4 of them- the R9 290x, and combined hashing power I *think*  should be around 3500- 

Using that figure, at dustcoin.com I came up with the $33 day before electricity-  and I am thinking it's not even worth it!  Am I wrong?  With 4 of these cards operating should I be earning more?

What altcoin are you going to mine anyway?
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:02:29 PM

Using that figure, at dustcoin.com I came up with the $33 day before electricity-  and I am thinking it's not even worth it!  Am I wrong?  With 4 of these cards operating should I be earning more?

$33/day * 365 = $12,045/yr

8760 hours in a year, so you are saying you use more than $1.375/hour in electricity? 

Or at $0.12/kwh you are using more than 10,000watts of power for 4 cards?

Trowar11 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:05:51 PM

I may mine a few different coins, they are all a risk really. I would probably start with DGC and ANC. There would be no guarantee ofa profit, you just need to pick a few any hope they'll increase in value.

How many R9's do you have to use that level of electricity? It would have to be a fair few cards to make a loss if you were mining $33 profit a day.
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:07:45 PM

Hi mcramer,

Out of curiousity how do you use those R9 290x.  Do you have to install them in a PC you assembled yourself?  Or, can you just attach them to an existing one and put them to work somehow?

Thanks,

Bill

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
mcramer

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:21:52 PM

$33/day * 365 = $12,045/yr

8760 hours in a year, so you are saying you use more than $1.375/hour in electricity? 

Or at $0.12/kwh you are using more than 10,000watts of power for 4 cards?

I hope not- but nice figures though-

I actually don't know how to factor in electricity cost as I'm in London and we pay it quarterly.  I really have no idea what we're paying per kwh :\
However the cost of wear on the cards, -if they would even hold up that long- and the dedicated system I need running it since the cards are in full use-  It doesn't seem realistic to assume 365 day mining for me. 

I would just have to hope the value of litecoins would skyrocket for it to be *profitable* enough to mine ltc.
mcramer

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:24:32 PM

I may mine a few different coins, they are all a risk really. I would probably start with DGC and ANC. There would be no guarantee ofa profit, you just need to pick a few any hope they'll increase in value.

How many R9's do you have to use that level of electricity? It would have to be a fair few cards to make a loss if you were mining $33 profit a day.

thx  -  I have four of them, but I have no idea how much electricity they use since I just bought them.  I am aware that they run hot and suck down the juice from the wall like there's no tomorrow, and am a bit skeptical I suppose that I can actually do this profitably and make it "worth while".

DGC looks like one I'll try-  as you said, just hoping the mining pays off in the long term with buy and hold.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: