Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to mine?  (Read 1147 times)
largeleon

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:45:14 AM

I agree with the Above.  LTC has been more more profitable at a lower entry cost.  I have two graphics cards churing in two pc's when i'm not gaming.
i started in the summer and built up a nice chuck that i converted into BTC to do a couple of group buys.
i'm still mining LTC now, with a jalepeno and some erupters mining some BTC as well.

i had issues with finding a good usb hub for the erupters.  i purchased a 12 port, but i could only get 5 to run at a time.  my fault for not researching better.

closesat315am

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:10:47 AM

these were a good price for hobbyist mining if you can wait for them to come in. http://buyahash.com/?product=red-fury-bitcoin-miner-2-5-ghs

red fury for $100 on pre-order supposed to come in mid december.

anyone had a good or bad experience with them?

i bought a few several days ago and i don't remember seeing the "Available on backorder" note.

DOGECOIN: D6MTLa1aMNHiuSv776FX28RezvhDVPHxFg much wow and thank you
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:32:42 AM

Its a bit late for mining btc. Try LTC instead.
´

In fact it is late for LTC mining as well, unless you have very cheap electricity + you have GPU already...

You can start mining LTC with a 2 Sapphire Radeon R9 280x Oc 3gb rig and get your money back in 2 months (at this LTC rates)
A rig like this would give you around 1.1 ltc a day.
Burnsy13

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:54:59 AM

You know...
Burnsy13

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:26:26 AM

If all these answers to this thread were true, then why don't you all just shut down all your equipment and toss it in the trash?   Undecided  Please explain why it's too late to start mining.   Roll Eyes  How long would it take if someone started today with a decent rig to make 1 BTC?  That would almost pay for all the initial outlay for the equipment.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:35:05 AM

In my opinion, cloud mining is the way to go. This is because on most cloud mining sites, you can quickly sell your GHS after you do not want to mine anymore, and make most and possibly even more of your money back.

You can apply the greater fool theory to physical miners as well. Can you share with us a cloud hashing that you can actually profit from?
mrdl2010

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:19:56 PM

If all these answers to this thread were true, then why don't you all just shut down all your equipment and toss it in the trash?   Undecided  Please explain why it's too late to start mining.   Roll Eyes  How long would it take if someone started today with a decent rig to make 1 BTC?  That would almost pay for all the initial outlay for the equipment.

Such an attitude ...
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:44:41 PM

If all these answers to this thread were true, then why don't you all just shut down all your equipment and toss it in the trash?   Undecided  

I think you mean to ask why people keep buying overpriced equipment Roll Eyes
Well i guess because not everyone is familiar with the concept of difficulty, how it scales and how that affects returns from mining.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: