Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e - £1500 Stolen  (Read 6377 times)
Lizard (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:28:21 PM

I've been using Bitcoin for several years now, I recently decided to try and invest in some Alt-Coins. I created an account with BTC-e and followed their instructions to fund my account with £1500 via SEPA transfer. The instructions requested a 'details of payment' which I assumed meant a payment reference, I could not fit this in the payment reference box with either of my bank accounts (Halifax and HSBC) using online baking. Instead I used a reference of my BTC-e username. Immediately after making the transfer I opened a support ticket explaining what I had done so they could easily trace the payment, they responded quickly stating there might be a delay.

I made the transfer on the 30th October 2013, since then I have had nothing credited to my BTC-e account. All further support tickets I have opened have either been ignored immediately or ignored after providing them with further information they requested. I have sent them a screenshot of my bank statement clearly showing £1500 leaving my account on the 30th to their account. I have even sent them notarized copies of my passport and a utility bill.

I really don't know how else to proceed, any advice would be much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:33:36 PM

Try to contact them over the phone so they know you are serious. If you can not find their phone number, try being persistence and continue to make attempts to contact them. Do not let them walk away with your money.   
londonslack

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:55:08 PM

one of the posters mentions writing to them in russian - try google translate
they have had loads more people on it. keep trying
senshi

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:02:54 PM

In case you don't get anywhere, or are just fed up with them, maybe you could request your bank to perform a chargeback? I -think- they might contact BTC-e about it then as well, so at least someone would have to give it a serious look, right?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:04:24 PM

BTC-E support is difficult to deal with, and English is not a strong point. But I have rarely, if ever, seen an unresolved problem with accounts being credited properly.
Rotweiler

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:07:27 PM

Well...
This topic was what I have been looking for.
>Today I have made some bitcoins over my account and have withdrawal request from BTC-E to another wallet. They marked it as completed but I have no news from my bitcoins, it has been 6 hours.
I have opened multiple tickets and requested aid but no return.
I'm really getting little desperate.
Lizard (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:45:21 PM

Thanks for the comments. I have tried contacting them in Russian already but got no response. I will persist in trying to contact them some more and report back with my results.
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:46:00 PM

Lots of people having problems while trying to get money in BTCe.
I trade with them on a daily basis but would not wire them USD or EUR.
Last days posts like yours started poping up.
I know BTCe prices are tempting but ...

--------------------------------------------

ALWAYS RESEARCH THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK BEFORE DOING A FIRST TIME OP

findiggle

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:56:28 PM

I am in the same boat. I've got a tracer out from my bank trying to locate the funds, but all banks swear they should have been in BTC-e's account for some time now. I also receive no information via the support system. I've also tried writing in Russian via Google translate.

What else can one do? My bank is prepared to issue a recall of the funds. I don't know whether that will have any impact. I'll post a thread about it if it does.

The hard lesson I learned here is to avoid BTC-e entirely for this. I've had good success transferring cryptocurrency in to BTC-e, just not USD. I have had good success (well, no problems with them) trading among currencies, including to and from USD on BTC-e's exchange. I just can't get a large transfer to go through.

- Findiggle.
Rotweiler

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:00:24 PM

My problem is with transferring cryptocurrency.
They did not transfer my BTC to destined wallet but they say they did.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:21:46 PM

I concur, I authorized an international wire transfer of USD on the 7th of November. BTC-e asked for my SWIFT transaction statement, which I provided.
My bank tells me that BTC-e must have received the money by this point.
Conclusion - they have it and are sitting on it.
-DO NOT!!- do business with BTC-e, they are becoming a FRAUD, even if they were not already.
spqrusa

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:11:37 AM

You need to request your bank to chargeback the funds you transferred. This is the only way you will see your money from BTC-e. I am sorry to hear yet another person being taken/scammed/ignored by BTC-e.

If you plan on just buying BTC and holding, I would recommend Bitstamp or MtGox. If you want to trade and eventually want Euro back, I would recommend Bitstamp at the moment.
Lizard (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:59:28 AM

Wow I didn't realise so many people were in the same situation as me. Does anyone have a phone number for BTC-e or any other contact details?
Myer12

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:04:08 AM

I've had noting but problems with btc-e alot of people recommened me to it. But I got a month hold time for wire transfer and then when I finally got funds my bitcoins were put on hold for 48 hours.
Lizard (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:07:53 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 04:39:44 AM by Lizard

When requesting a chargeback with my bank is it a good idea to mention the payment was for cryptocurrency? I ask because most banks have a very negative attitude towards Bitcoin.

EDIT: Looks like chargebacks are not possible from the UK for bank transfers, only credit cards.
Picoloxo

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:47:07 PM

Hi, same here, I found this thread looking for a solution on google... Did the SEPA transfert but forgot to write the ID of payment. I've tried to open a support ticket, I'll post if there's something new for me. Would be great if anyone comes up with a solution !
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:58:50 PM

Not BTC-E man, I was looking for a good arbitrage oppurtunity  Undecided  So, is there any exchange remaining that doesn't have any negative feedback, damn!

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Cefalu

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:44:44 PM

When requesting a chargeback with my bank is it a good idea to mention the payment was for cryptocurrency? I ask because most banks have a very negative attitude towards Bitcoin.

EDIT: Looks like chargebacks are not possible from the UK for bank transfers, only credit cards.

I really don't think that is any of their business. It was your money.
And you may be paying the bank a fee, I don't know how yours will work.
The transaction was for 'goods not received',
try leaving it at that.
blofeld69

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:33:14 PM

Who did you wire the money to? Was it Mayzus Financial Services Ltd in the UK? Contact them and tell them you will be holding them responsible. Report them to uk financial watchdog and issue a county court judgement against Nikolay Rozhok/Mayzus Financial Services Ltd

This is taken from the BTC-E.COM website....

Beneficiary:   Mayzus Financial Services Ltd
Beneficiary Address:   869 High Road, London, N12 8QA, UK
Beneficiary Account:   4030200327
Beneficiary Czech Bank Code:   7910
Beneficiary IBAN:   CZ6979100000004030200327
Beneficiary Bank:   Deutsche Bank AG
Beneficiary Bank Address:   Jungmannova 34, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Bank SWIFT:   DEUTCZPX
Details of Payment:   FFC ACC.9311.23440 ACC ID S188171E
Fee:   1% (min fee 20$)
Min sum allowed:   2000$
Our bank may ask your documents due to a high fraud activity. If you seen in your btc-e account a money hold please provide a copy of you ID and utility bill in high res quality (>300DPI), create ticket with your ID in subject at https://hdbtce.kayako.com and upload your docs inside

Details of Payment is required field.
Without correct Details of Payment we can't credit money to your account.
Funds will be credited within 3-7 days.

SO they got a UK limited company with a German bank account and a Czech Republic mailing address. They state on the website "OUR BANK" so you take screenshots of that and thats enough proof that you are under the impression that BTC-E.COM is a trading style of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and they are responsible for the debt. You can sue this UK limited company at least with a County Court Judgement which is cheap to do.

I think they dont want this selective scamming scheme to finish yet so chances are they will pay you if you make a big enough fuss to this "company"
Cefalu

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:50:59 PM

Who did you wire the money to? Was it Mayzus Financial Services Ltd in the UK? Contact them and tell them you will be holding them responsible. Report them to uk financial watchdog and issue a county court judgement against Nikolay Rozhok/Mayzus Financial Services Ltd

This is taken from the BTC-E.COM website....

Beneficiary:   Mayzus Financial Services Ltd
Beneficiary Address:   869 High Road, London, N12 8QA, UK
Beneficiary Account:   4030200327
Beneficiary Czech Bank Code:   7910
Beneficiary IBAN:   CZ6979100000004030200327
Beneficiary Bank:   Deutsche Bank AG
Beneficiary Bank Address:   Jungmannova 34, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Bank SWIFT:   DEUTCZPX
Details of Payment:   FFC ACC.9311.23440 ACC ID S188171E
Fee:   1% (min fee 20$)
Min sum allowed:   2000$
Our bank may ask your documents due to a high fraud activity. If you seen in your btc-e account a money hold please provide a copy of you ID and utility bill in high res quality (>300DPI), create ticket with your ID in subject at https://hdbtce.kayako.com and upload your docs inside

Details of Payment is required field.
Without correct Details of Payment we can't credit money to your account.
Funds will be credited within 3-7 days.

SO they got a UK limited company with a German bank account and a Czech Republic mailing address. They state on the website "OUR BANK" so you take screenshots of that and thats enough proof that you are under the impression that BTC-E.COM is a trading style of Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and they are responsible for the debt. You can sue this UK limited company at least with a County Court Judgement which is cheap to do.

I think they dont want this selective scamming scheme to finish yet so chances are they will pay you if you make a big enough fuss to this "company"

Excellent nomenclature -> 'selective scamming scheme'
If you have not already, go here and work to lower their trust, several other have:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33012

And read the last few pages here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.1400
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: