Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm SO close... Need help configuring blade / miner / proxy / pool  (Read 1150 times)
Bitarchist (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:32:58 PM

I've been at this for about 48 hours! I feel like im so close to getting this thing running.

Not sure what im doing wrong. I feel like i've tried so many variables yet still no success.

I downloaded and ran the stratum proxy.
I figured out how to change my IP so i can configure the blade.
I downloaded and ran bfgminer and pointed it to slush's pool with my login info.
I've spent HOURS digging through the support threads here on the forum and still cant get this thing running.
I'm hoping someone with some experience give me some guidance.

any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vACW5ZTFqkRUtHUmRqZGdxLWM/edit?usp=sharing
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:38:05 PM

Why are you using Bfgminer and mining_proxy.exe? They both (can) do the same thing, so you only need one.

First things first, which pool are you mining on, slush? You do have the username and password they provide on the configuration page of the blade, right? The pool IP address (on the blade config) should be the IP address of the PC running BFG/mining proxy. You need to list the pool IP, port (8332 when using mining_proxy) and user/pass listed twice, separated by a comma (I think.)

Hopefully that gets you started, posting screenshots of your BFGminer config or the output of mining-proxy, as well as a screenshot of the blade config page would help if this doesn't get you going.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Bitarchist (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:56:45 PM

Why are you using Bfgminer and mining_proxy.exe? They both (can) do the same thing, so you only need one.

First things first, which pool are you mining on, slush? You do have the username and password they provide on the configuration page of the blade, right? The pool IP address (on the blade config) should be the IP address of the PC running BFG/mining proxy. You need to list the pool IP, port (8332 when using mining_proxy) and user/pass listed twice, separated by a comma (I think.)

Hopefully that gets you started, posting screenshots of your BFGminer config or the output of mining-proxy, as well as a screenshot of the blade config page would help if this doesn't get you going.

Thanks for the reply.
I downloaded a few different miners some of which need the stratum proxy... it's good to know that bfgminer doesn't need it.

The blade is pointed the IP address of the pc running bfgminer.

Yes, I was attempting to connect to slush, I have the port set to 8332 and i did enter the user/pass twice separated by a comma.

My orginal post has a link to a screenshot.

At this point I really dont care which miner/proxy/pool i connect to, i just want to start mining and worry about changing pools later.
I heard that slush was a good pool and easy for beginners to connect to so I tried that first.

I am open to running different software and/or connecting to a different pool if that would speed up the process.

pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

Hmm, don't see how I missed the screenshot you already posted, my bad!

You don't need BFGminer and mining_proxy open at the same time, in fact I suggest just using mining_proxy because it is more lightweight and easier to configure IMO.

First off, it looks like you have the port wrong on the blade configuration page, it should be 8332, not 8330. Try changing that, but keep Bfgminer closed. You do have the stratum proxy (mining_proxy.exe) connected to the pool properly, you can tell because it says "new job XX blablabla..." But, your blade isn't connecting to the stratum_mining proxy program to "work" the work. Changing the port should help, everything else looks peachy.

I'll show you how to create a .bat file to use mining_proxy on whichever pool you want if this gets you going on slush.  

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: