Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should GLD be added to the scam/sh*tcoin list?
Yes!
No!
Some of my GLD just vanished!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Goldcoin (GLD) be added to the scam/sh*tcoin list?  (Read 3719 times)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:27:30 PM

Yeah. That post probably should not have been pruned. Sorry.  Embarrassed

At that point I was actually still thinking about supporting GLD.

We'd love to have you come back home!  Cool

Don't miss the fun below! VVVVVVVVVV  Come check out the latest edition of the GoldCoin Report! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:38:05 PM

I hate everything about that coin. Let's just keep coins that make sense such as anoncoin and securecoin.

Ultimately those are going to outperform GLD dozens of times over. They actually have legitimate reasons for existing.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:40:01 PM

I hate everything about that coin. Let's just keep coins that make sense such as anoncoin and securecoin.

Ultimately those are going to outperform GLD dozens of times over. They actually have legitimate reasons for existing.

As I said in my video (dedicated to the forum members of bitcointalk) I wish you all the best with your Projects.

We're doing the best we can....not perfect but we're giving it our all!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:44:34 PM

All this can be set up. Inputs.io anyone?  Roll Eyes
I'm not saying that it was, don't get me wrong.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:46:20 PM

Hmmmm....maybe one day you'll repay all the donation money you stole from the community? How much is that worth now?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:50:49 PM

Hmmmm....maybe one day you'll repay all the donation money you stole from the community? How much is that worth now?
You must have me mistaken with someone. Similar aliases?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:51:38 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 03:37:16 AM by MicroGuy

You must have me mistaken with someone. Similar aliases?

No Marin, I'm not mistaken.
BitcoinTate (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:38:34 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 12:50:08 AM by BitcoinTate

Let's be honest. Goldcoin (GLD) has more psychological potential of becoming a mainstream currency than any other alt coin. I don't see my grandmother going to the store and paying for something with her BBQCoin or her HoboNickels or even her Feathercoin (I like that one).

I could however see her going to town with her "GoldCoin" or as she would refer to it, her "virtual gold." The concept can be related to the average Joe so much easier than "ZetaCoin" or "PhoenixCoin" etc...

For GLD to succeed it needs to be launched correctly. If MicroGuy was indeed screwed out of 500k GLD, then there are 8 million GLD in the hands of 1,2 maybe 3 people who launched it. The coin will never get far that way. To many miners know how the system works now and wont trust it.

I like the idea of all the GoldCoin not being mined completely for a 100 years and there being some sort of 51% prevention. My biggest fear with BTC is as more miners are forced from BTC mining the network will become more centralized as ASIC companies take over. I think BTC will eventually be surpassed by a non ASIC coin for this very reason.

If GLD were to be the first Alt coin to be "re-launched" with a different initial payout that was to be dispersed between hundreds if not thousands of miners from zero hour onward at a small rate over the next 100 years a very strong initial community would form around it. This could propel GLD to the top 3 in a matter of months. The literal, virtual "Gold Rush" would be on. It would be easy to gather attention and support for a wide spread re-launch. GLD as a scrypt coin could overtake BTC since most people understand the potential of a virtual "gold" to exist.

If the analogy of actual Gold is to be applied to GoldCoin, 10,000 GLD every 2 minutes is not the way to re-launch. More like 200, with 500 initial miners at a higher difficulty.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:23:00 AM

Well i never mined goldcoins at one time i had over 70k goldcoin i bought from crytsy wich i bought because of the name im a precious metal guy, unfortunatelly someone hacked my walett and all went to dust i got bought some back but i still belive gld wil be big, remember the chinese are buying all the crypto that can with theyr CNY, and if you dont know china is the biggest gold horder in the world, when they know about this coin you will see the price explode, that im sure!
In the meanwhile if you want to show some love and spread the wealth here is my adress,
ECpVU4zK8TgC84BJKv85LWbeoMWxGfGCbV
Thanks!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
DigitalGoldCoin

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

pay me and I work for you

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:39:40 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 03:33:05 AM by DigitalGoldCoin

that is old news

2BACCO Coin is my favorite now
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:20:41 AM

That really sucks. It looks like many people are having issues with coins disappearing. 3/4 of the coins I mined have disappeared. The chain has been forked.

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:28:55 AM

I basically want my goldcoins that I paid for, and I don't appreciate being censored at gldtalk.org for no reason, when I was just trying to ask questions about why my goldcoins were not transferring to the new wallet.
Sounds like the "accidental" purge of user posts happens in any thread controlled by the GLD team ay?  I created this thread to get the truth out without any censorship of whats really going on with GLD. Censorship goes against everything we have achieved thus far on Bitcointalk.

- aka The "DigiMan"
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:37:00 AM

I basically want my goldcoins that I paid for, and I don't appreciate being censored at gldtalk.org for no reason, when I was just trying to ask questions about why my goldcoins were not transferring to the new wallet.

You were moderated because as you know you kept spamming the forum with your website advertising after being warned over and over again. I've already sent a PM to the OP of this thread apologizing because his post was pruned.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:46:04 AM

You were moderated because as you know you kept spamming the forum with your website advertising after being warned over and over again. I've already sent a PM to the OP of this thread apologizing because his post was pruned.

This is true, I just read the apology. Thank you for that MicroGuy. I was baffled as to why my first post was deleted. There was also a second that was deleted.

I do understand how some comments are irrelevant blatant spam and should be deleted. But I do not agree with "purging" threads of any posts that are contributed by BitcoinTalk members voicing their opinions and experiences, even if deemed "repetitive."

- aka The "DigiMan"
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:47:39 AM

This is true, I just read the apology. Thank you for that MicroGuy. I was baffled as to why my first post was deleted. There was also a second that was deleted.

I do understand how some comments are irrelevant blatant spam and should be deleted. But I do not agree with "purging" threads of any posts that are contributed by BitcoinTalk members voicing their opinions and experiences, even if deemed "repetitive."

I've had a rough day today. Made a few mistakes. Sorry about this whole mess.

The developers have just informed me that the new patch is now being tested.  Smiley
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:53:17 AM

The developers have just informed me that the new patch is now being tested.  Smiley
Any details on what exactly the patch will do/fix?

- aka The "DigiMan"
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:56:40 AM

Any details on what exactly the patch will do/fix?

Both developers have been working all day on the patch. My understanding is that it will correct the falling difficulty and stabilize mining operations.

We should be able to provide an in-depth explanation within a few hours.
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:12:31 AM

Yeah.. that is.. if they exist for much longer  Cheesy

Anoncoin's idea is neat on paper, but it also makes tracing transactions through the blockchain impossible..

so if there is ever a double spend on ANC.. even the developers won't know and won't be able to fix it.  Cool

Our 51% defense is unique, and cutting edge. No one before has successfully attempted to throttle the blockchain like we have.

The issue at hand is that our difficulty code didn't mesh well with our 51% defense, and as a result our difficulty is continuing to drop. This makes it easy for the coin to fork itself, which means that recently mined coins are easily lost.

The new update(ETA ~4 hours) addresses this issue as well as the mining delay issue.

We are confident that in the end we will end up outperforming every altcoin.
We're in it for the long game and don't need to rely on spamming our users with marketing jargon trying to make us look better than we really are.

If the other altcoins feel that brainwashing their users with fancy whitepapers consisting of half baked ideas that can easily prove to be deadly mistakes in the future is a good idea...

That's great for them..  but we don't lie to our user base.

There is a problem, we're on it, expect an update soon. Thank you for sticking with GoldCoin (GLD).
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:45:30 AM

microguy bans me from his forum for exposing the people scaming gldcoin....lol

microguy you seriously have no idea who your friends or foe are, if I had a dollar for every PM I have from those close to you wanting to overthrow you're overly controlling leadership.....well    Shocked

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:28:43 PM

microguy bans me from his forum for exposing the people scaming gldcoin....lol

microguy you seriously have no idea who your friends or foe are, if I had a dollar for every PM I have from those close to you wanting to overthrow you're overly controlling leadership.....well    Shocked

This is one of the reasons why it should be listed in the scamcoin list. Feels like Anarchy.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: