Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread  (Read 34083 times)
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 03:29:00 PM

@Nefanon: We use Google Analytics to track how many people come to our site; is that what you're referring to? (Google Analytics does not collect IP addresses or other personal information, just things like how long an average visitor stays on the site.) I'm not sure how that makes us a scam... Google Analytics is used by 57% of the Internet's most popular websites, including Twitter and MySpace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 10:06:05 PM

I have used them twice and hopefully about to use them again with no problems. They are super fast, great customer service.
gourami

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 10:39:38 PM

Hello. I used the cash deposit at a Wells Fargo Branch this morning. It was a simple of a process as could be.
It took about 6 or 7 hours for the bitcoins to be received into my wallet. The company is on the west coast and I am on the east coast.
I emailed with them a bit and they were very helpful too. I am not going to hesitant in using this service again.
mr chong

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 01:35:47 PM

Just bought about 34 btc, mailed payment about 24 hours after they received payment btc showed up in my wallet. Would use again.
mrich8

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 04:26:02 AM

My first experience with excellent. Traded $100 MoneyPak for BTC.

Unfortunately I buy another packet and then they do not take then anymore. I would love to use the service again to stick with a dependable exchange.
duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 11:02:50 PM

I started with TradeHill thru dwolla, and just got tired of the lengthy process...next went to exchangebitcoins.com, which was an excellent and useful and quick site...many people I know loved them...but they closed one day, refunded money, and that was that...

The up popped get-bitcoin.com .... to me, they have the same approach as exchangebtc.com and are easy and fast.  You can deposit cash in their accnt in any Wells Fargo or Bank of America branch...or just send online from your bank accnt instantly for no fee...

Doing the cash deposit, then emailing photo of receipt, has never taken me over a couple of hours, usualy quicker.  The answer all emails I've sent them in a freindly manner.

My only worry is they'll fold, but I'm hoping they don't...only downside--for some--is that you don't have an actual account there...so you get leave funds, like dollars, in your account, and change at another time....no, what you do is click on 'buy' fill out online form, with email addy, they reply with account info you will need, then I trot down to bank, deposit cash, and email receipt...

for me, within an hr or so they reply with another email, tell me the going rate they exchanged funds at, and btc are on their way...account info they send you, before deposit, is good for 24 hrs...just remember to write transaction # they assign you on receipt...but again, very helpful, very easy way to get btc.  I just have them sent to an instawallet somewhere, for those of you who like to keep it 'in the cloud' as much as possible...no need for wallet on pc anymore...for me anyway, some like keeping their funds close... Smiley

Nice operation
gourami

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 12:39:11 PM

i've used get-bitcoin a number of times now and it works like a charm. very easy to use.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 05:47:02 PM

When it says "prepaid debit card" does that include visa gift cards?

hi
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 08:10:45 AM

@Mushroomized: Yup, it definitely does.
JohnnyApple

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:50:45 AM

Fantastic experience! Deposited cash at my local bank and bamm!!! several hours later i had my BTC  Grin Cheesy Thank you and will use again!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:41:29 PM

Thanks for answering my question, I might purchase some soon.

hi
JohnnyApple

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 12:52:33 AM

Nice!!!!:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2011/nov/01/student-startup-storms-cyberspace/
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 02:47:16 PM

Worked well, tried two small transactions (one cash deposit in BoA for $30 and one bank transfer $60 via BoA payment center). The only thing I would suggest is providing people with a scanned deposit slip for the cash deposits. It was a little odd when the guy at BoA asked what's the address for the account and I did not know it. BoA still took the deposit but there wouldn't have been any questions with a proper deposit slip. The transaction only took 6-8 hours from when I deposited the funds.

Based on my experience, I would recommend get-bitcoin for people just starting with Bitcoin in the US. The turn around time is great and the website was easy to use. The 5% fee is not that bad considering the ridiculous fees charged by other quick turn around sites such as Dialcoin in Europe. However, for larger $250+ transactions it would be worthwhile to spend the extra time to use a full BTC exchange site to pay a lower fee that is unless Get-bitcoin will start to offer tiered pricing for larger orders  Wink
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:35:06 PM

I've made two transactions so far. One was smooth as silk and very fast. I got the coins about 4 hours after I deposited cash into their bank account. There was a slight problem with the other, my email with receipt was caught in their spam filter. Possibly my fault, as I didn't write anything in the email other than "attached." They offered a refund of the fees because it took slightly over 24 hours because of this mix up. I declined hoping he makes enough profit to stay honest Smiley Great service all around and reasonable fees.
grahamgreene

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 09:11:48 PM

Please see the following two threads for my incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience with get-bitcoin.com; in the event of a problem, don't expect any help from them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54505.msg655291#msg655291

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54715.msg655286#msg655286

- grahamgreene
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 09:15:39 PM

Please see the following two threads for my incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience with get-bitcoin.com; in the event of a problem, don't expect any help from them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54505.msg655291#msg655291

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54715.msg655286#msg655286

- grahamgreene

Literally minutes before I was about to purchase from them.

Thanks for the info.

hi
grahamgreene

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 09:31:35 PM

No problem! I have to say in the interest of fairness that I only tried to purchase through Western Union, which they advertised, but then had a problem with and pulled without advising me of how they were going to resolve the problem, leaving my money in limbo. Other customers seem to be happy enough with other methods of buying from them.

I bought my BTC instead from a user "yossarian" over at bitcoin-otc.com. If you're buying with Euro, he's incredibly helpful! I bought 710 BTC from him for just under €2,000 and he was excellent at communication, and I had my BTC within 3 days (how long it took for the SEPA transfer to come through.) If you agree a price to buy at, that's the amount of BTC you receive from him regardless of whether it rises or falls in price.

Would definitely recommend buying from him instead of get-bitcoin (who had my money sitting with Western Union for nearly a week before I'd had enough and withdrew the payment!)
Choad

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 08:32:18 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2012, 08:53:15 PM by Choad

I've had a few transactions with them that were pretty smooth.  The only problem was taking 24+ hours to get my invoice to pay them.

Now however, I have sent them some money and they just have not fulfilled the order.  I've e-mailed 3 times asking about it and haven't heard anything back.  I have made 2 orders since then that have been fulfilled, so I'm not sure what's going on.  They have had my money since the 30th.  I'm sure this is likely a mistake (I'm thinking it could be related to having 2 orders of the same amount open at the same time) but the lack of communication is concerning.  It's only a small amount, but it's still incredibly frustrating that I placed the order when btc was a dollar cheaper and they're just holding onto my money for a week past their estimated 24 hour turn around.

Edit: They just fulfilled it.  Like I had thought, they did have it confused with my other order.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 09:56:13 PM

No response from get-bitcoin? Interesting.  Huh

hi
getbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 08:34:38 AM

@Mushroomized: Sorry for the delay - no one posted on this thread for a while, so we stopped checking it very frequently.

Regarding the Western Union issues, we definitely screwed up there, and a number of customers had their payments delayed for a few days. We've refunded everyone who paid us through Western Union that week as compensation for the screw-up. We'll add Western Union again eventually, but probably not for a few more weeks - we want to make absolutely sure we do it right this time.

Regarding SEPA payments, we started accepting those a few weeks ago, and (as far as I know) not one has been delayed more than twelve hours or so from the time the transfer came through.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: