Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with get-bitcoin.com ??  (Read 2201 times)
grahamgreene (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 09:53:49 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2011, 01:19:51 AM by grahamgreene

Hi all,

I'm just wondering in anybody else has experienced delays with orders / emails with get-bitcoin.com since yesterday?

As things currently stand with me, I transferred quite a substantial amount, with their 5% fee added, to get-bitcoin.com by Western Union transfer yesterday at 08:30 EST. At 08:45, I sent them on the relevant details that they needed in order to actually collect the money. It was sent by instant transfer, so the money would have been available to collect within minutes. They're likely busy people, I understand that, but the delays and the lack of keeping me in the loop would be almost comical if there wasn't so much money caught up in it. At 23:05 EST last night, after a couple of emails wondering what was happening with my order, I received an email saying that they had "received your order information, and are confirming your payment now." 'Excellent', or so I thought.

I heard nothing at all after that, despite numerous emails enquiring as to the status of my order (sent to any and every get-bitcoin email address I could find), until I got a reply at 14:30 EST to say that my correspondence was being forwarded to a supervisor, as the person answering the emails couldn't personally check my order status, and was told to "expect a reply from him soon." I asked for his email address, which the lady answering my email did give me - another get-bitcoin.com email address, which is to be expected so no problem there. I was then told, after asking if orders usually take this long, that they "are experiencing some difficulties with our connection to the Bitcoin network, but they should be fixed soon."

Still haven't heard from the supervisor, and I don't even know if my money has been collected from Western Union by their representative or not as their representative can't check the status of my order.. my money hasn't even been collected from Western Union yet!  Huh I did hope to use get-bitcoin in the future for large BTC buys due to their low fees, and what I thought was their ease of use, but their communication just seems to be dreadful, which is something that would certainly put me off.

TL;dr ??

I haven't a clue what's going on with my get-bitcoin.com payment after 31 hours, nobody from their company seems able to find out, and the supervisor has failed to get in touch to provide me with any answers at all.

Has anybody else had similar experiences with these guys? I'm more than willing to write a favourable review on their thread once I receive a little communication from someone who can actually tell me where my money is, and when I'm going to receive my BTC that I've paid for. I ran my own business up until I sold it recently and this complete lack of customer service would have brought it to its knees very quickly
C'mon get-bitcoin.com, you guys have a LOT of potential! What's going on?!

Thanks for reading all, and your comments and thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

- G

(EDIT: Just checked there as per your suggestion psytanium - money still hasn't been picked up by Alisa! Has yours? Don't know WHY I didn't think to check that before! Thanks!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psytanium

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:55:26 PM

Me too, ive ordered a transaction via western uinion 2 days ago (50h)
Usually their services are done in few hours and they respond to my emails quickly. It was an excellent experience working with the guys, I used to communicate with tom mccabe, but now its Alisa.
Hope everything is going fine with the team.
Btw, use the website to track your transaction if its picked up from westernunion or not. Good luck.
grahamgreene (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:22:26 AM

Yeah I'd heard pretty much all good reviews about them, that's why I've trusted them with such a large amount, and now they're not even picking it up..  Undecided

Have you received any news about your BTC at all??

(Thanks for the suggestion by the way, dunno why I didn't think of doing that!)
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:43:20 AM

I think they are getting incredibly busy as they have kinda become to go to BTC supplier for a certain site.
psytanium

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 12:14:01 PM

Yeah I'd heard pretty much all good reviews about them, that's why I've trusted them with such a large amount, and now they're not even picking it up..  Undecided

Have you received any news about your BTC at all??

(Thanks for the suggestion by the way, dunno why I didn't think of doing that!)

well, probably i figure it out, the government is against the use of btc, so western union is blocking names of persons who do those transactions. so get-bitcoin members can not pick up the amount from any point of sale.

so i'm in trouble, i need btc before tomorrow  Angry
grahamgreene (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:33:12 PM

Just an update on the situation:

All my emails have now been answered, and the cause of the delay has been explained. They just hired someone new to pick up the Western Union payments, and if there are any more delays, they say they'll hire someone else instead. They've also offered to halve their fee to 2.5%, which is very helpful, and will offset some of my losses.

Whilst my initial emails were answered by a very helpful "Alicorn", she couldn't sort everything out as my order was a large one, hence being dealt with by somebody else. However, she did help me out as much as she could, and today I received emails from orders@get-bitcoin.com detailing the reason for lack of processing and the reduction of their fee by way of apology.

All in all a rocky start in my dealings with get-bitcoin.com, but whilst I haven't yet received my Bitcoins (and in fairness, this issue HAS been resolved within 2 days), I'll certainly use them again for my large Bitcoin orders in the future.  Smiley

- G
psytanium

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:53:45 PM

Just an update on the situation:

All my emails have now been answered, and the cause of the delay has been explained. They just hired someone new to pick up the Western Union payments, and if there are any more delays, they say they'll hire someone else instead. They've also offered to halve their fee to 2.5%, which is very helpful, and will offset some of my losses.

Whilst my initial emails were answered by a very helpful "Alicorn", she couldn't sort everything out as my order was a large one, hence being dealt with by somebody else. However, she did help me out as much as she could, and today I received emails from orders@get-bitcoin.com detailing the reason for lack of processing and the reduction of their fee by way of apology.

All in all a rocky start in my dealings with get-bitcoin.com, but whilst I haven't yet received my Bitcoins (and in fairness, this issue HAS been resolved within 2 days), I'll certainly use them again for my large Bitcoin orders in the future.  Smiley

- G

that's what happened with me, but till now i have no bitcoins.
thx , keep in touch
psytanium

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 02:20:40 PM

I have retreive the money back, i have lost 50$ as a western union tax, those people betraid me.
They promised me to send the btc on Thursday, then Friday, and worse then this, they reply once per day, around 8am gmt. More then 4 days passed and no results...

Don't waste your time mate!!!
grahamgreene (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 03:18:46 PM

Thanks for your input! I'm not sure I want to cancel myjust yet, I paid €82.00 to send payment so if I cancel it I'll lose out on that, plus anything they charge for cancelled orders.

I sent the payment to them last Wednesday, the day after you, and after a bunch of emails back and forth, finally received this one:

"Dear Customer:

Thanks for using GetBitcoin! We're terribly sorry about the delays in processing your Western Union payment. We know we screwed up, and the person we hired to process them has been fired. To compensate you, we will waive our fee on your Western Union order. If you would like to cancel your order, you can also contact Western Union to get your money back. We'll update you as soon as we have more information. "

That's really not good enough, but I do understand that sometimes people screw up and it's out of the company's hands. They would do well to hire another person immediately, or for Tom to process the payments himself for this (hopefully) once-off scenario and get the issue sorted out as soon as possible.

I'll give them another day, and if it's not resolved by then, I'll pull my payment.
psytanium

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 04:17:09 PM

i have sent 500$, i'm not upset because it didn't work or because ive lost 50$ wu fees, but because they delayed me 5 days and i'm in a hurry.
today i have received the email you ve got.

tell me, if they solved your transaction by tomorrow.
good luck!
Travis12345

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 08:56:45 PM

I heard the server is jacked
grahamgreene (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 10:41:49 PM

After hearing nothing but "the boss is working on it" about my Western Union transfer I cancelled it today. 5 days after sending it. I lost out €82.00 in transfer fees, and my margins have been cut right down to the bone because of Bitcoin's increase in price.
Disgraceful service on the part of get-bitcoin.com, and I for one will certainly not use them again.
Atrocious communication, and it would seem they view their customers as a hindrance.

I highly recommend you all learn how to use bitcoin-otc and buy directly from the trusted sellers over there; whatever you do, do NOT use get-bitcoin.com. After reading many good things about them, my €1933.00 was left in limbo for 5 days. They did offer to completely eliminate their 5% fees for that particular trade, but the person sent to pick up the Western Union transfers has been fired, and get-bitcoin.com would not have been able to pick up the transfer without her, as the name on the transfer sheet has to match the identification produced by the receiver.

If it were possible to give them less than a 0/10 I'd do it.  Angry
psytanium

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 12:27:18 AM

after i have retrieved my money, i trusted a vendor names Chad J Milios, a bitcoin vendor from Florida, i transferred him 300$ then he disappeared, fucking scammer.
shit happen... wish that get-bitcoin go back to normal so we can do clean business with them...

now i'm trying to use Liberty reserve and Tradehill.
berossm

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:43:50 AM

I wish I had read this prior to trying to use them.  Being a little paranoid I sent $25 as a test run using a visa gift card and everything looked like it would work just fine...

Got the first email saying that they have the email from them 3/10/2012 3:45 AM because they couldn't fill my order at the requested rate.  It was only a few cents above so I replied yes transact it at market.  Then noting.

Got the next email at 3/13/2012 12:27 PM asking the same thing.  Again responded yes because rates were still in the same general area. 

They then took 22 hours and filled it at the 30 day high rate!

I'm not sure if it was intentional or just incompetence but they basically screwed me out of 12% because of the rate changes.  So all in all I ended up down 20% before things even started.  I sent them an email complaining and have not heard word one.

I would say everyone is much better off using one of the various ways to get money to a major exchange where you can control the transaction.

Moral of the story DO NOT USE GET-BITCOIN.COM
grahamgreene (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:59:56 AM

Hi berossm,

Might I recommend www.canadianbitcoins.com? I've used them for a number of transactions and had my coins within 3 - 4 hours. (The transactions were by Western Union, and they only pick up W.U. once a day - when I deposited an hour before this pickup time I had the coins within an hour and a half.)

I'm not in any way affiliated with them, I just think their service is excellent! Certainly better than the experiences I've had with get-bitcoin.com in any event.

- grahamgreene
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: