Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 10:29:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you use a client with a cold paper wallet?  (Read 342 times)
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:25:47 AM

Are Electrum, blockchain.info, Multibit, etc. for paper wallets too or just for online wallets?

Say I have just bought some BCs and got them on my paper wallet - now what do I have to do so I will be able to spend/sell them? Do I have to download a client? And what then? I really don't want to ever put my key into my laptop, do I have to before transfering my BCs to another wallet?

Are there any ways of doing this without a client? In another thread, I read "use a medium such as a flash drive to move between the online and offline devices." How does that work (forgive me, I'm not IT savy at all..).

And what exactly is a client anyways - a program for transfering BCs?

Just trying to understand BC, and couldn't find the answers from google. Thanks for answers!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Offering secure escrow services since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:31:12 AM

I think all of those wallets can help you import your paper wallet balance to the online balance, as well as vice versa.  I am sure with blockchain.

Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:41:38 AM

I think all of those wallets can help you import your paper wallet balance to the online balance, as well as vice versa.  I am sure with blockchain.

Do I have to "import" all the BCs of my paperwallet? An d by online balance, you mean an online wallet? I don't want an online wallet (or do I need one). I would only buy and store for now on paper. I just need to transfer BCs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.