Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:45:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you determine if an Altcoin adds real value to the community?  (Read 113 times)
TheFreedomCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

Blockchain Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 12:36:21 PM

How do you determine if an Altcoin has real value and longevity in the Market Place ?
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:11:17 PM

Putting aside what makes a coin grow in value, these 2 simple points are a good starting place to decide if it helps the overall space:

1. Needs to be doing something others are not, or has a much better team and execution than it's competitors.
2. Has to solve an existing problem or be something with a real use and a token/coin that applies to this use

As for knowing these answers, you really need to study the crypto space, looking at existing problems, existing projects and apply common sense towards the solution being presented, if you think it has appeal, try turn your bias off and imagine if it will for others also
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:18:45 PM

If a token can be used to buy products in grocery stores, shopping mall, pharmacy and on transportation then there's the possibility it will exist for longer period of time.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

if the altcoin is still available in exchange and also the developer is always active to update his project, then I can say alt it can live long.
Freezingel

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:41:50 PM

It must have a different concept than the others coin, if it use an existing concept and want to compete then they must have better idea / tech for their coin and the team behind them must be experienced in the field. Also you have to consider whether token/coin is needed or not on their platform, if they don't provide any utility then it is hard to increase in value.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
[Frederick]

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:46:07 PM

you can say that coin will survive long enough on the market when the project target is to use their token on daily needs of people, as for example in food, if you can use this token to shop on food, people out of curiosity will get some of this coming and try to use it during payment for sure.
Scor Pio

Activity: 393
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:55:17 AM

if an altcoins have a lot feature and great platform with real development such as ethereum
i will say thats alt have a real value
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:04:32 AM

if an altcoins have a lot feature and great platform with real development such as ethereum
The main issue i have with ETH is that it is a great platform for creating tokens but other than that it has literally no use because it is not a currency, yes it does specific functions, the real value of a coin is determined if it is used on a larger scale, Monero has a market in the dark web and bitcoin dominates the other sectors and there are other coins trying to dominate this space, but i do not see any other coin taking the position anytime soon, in short a real case usage is the most important factor that adds value.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:10:21 AM

If it has real use case like dash bitcoin, btcp, nem, eth, steemit

It’s gold for nerds
turbulence

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:56:47 AM

none of them do at this point except ETH and exchange tokens

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
turbulence

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:02:22 AM

The main issue i have with ETH is that it is a great platform for creating tokens but other than that it has literally no use because it is not a currency, yes it does specific functions, the real value of a coin is determined if it is used on a larger scale, Monero has a market in the dark web and bitcoin dominates the other sectors and there are other coins trying to dominate this space, but i do not see any other coin taking the position anytime soon, in short a real case usage is the most important factor that adds value.

im btc maximalish myself, but to be perfectly honest i don't use btc at all, i only use eth. all my trading is done with eth

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:42:44 AM

im btc maximalish myself, but to be perfectly honest i don't use btc at all, i only use eth. all my trading is done with eth
I bet because the majority of altcoins are using ethereum as the main pair and everywhere use ethereum will be easier compared with bitcoin. Ether has become another major pair to the crypto market right now. Remember bitcoin cash was failing to take the bitcoin's place. Ethereum chain has used in various activities just like run DAPPS which already succeed just like kitties.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:53:32 AM

How do you determine if an Altcoin has real value and longevity in the Market Place ?

If you can see the coin company or the team are actively facilitates, engage and promotes their commodity to attract more people to pour their investments to their coins then for sure the coin life will prolong with probably the price value will increase and become stable too but still we should also to consider that even they are actively to make their coin become more popular but if the product is not feasible to the masses then still the value and longevity might not be maintain.
shmenton22

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:22:43 AM

well this will seem kind of stupid but if its adding value then its adding value. by that i mean that if its offering something its competitors aren't or aiming for different goals then its adding some value
Herlina

Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:32:31 AM

Altcoins will have real value and survive in the market if they have real users on their platform, for example: Ethereum platform that has been widely used by ICO projects, Binance trading platform that has been widely used and currently ranked 2 exchange
So to determine it we should check whether the altcoin platform has been widely used

miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:12:35 AM

It solves the real problems whether it is physically or on the internet the thing is they bring real usages to the users for the convenience of a certain service or platform one of the keys to determine if an altcoin will survive in the long run, it's true that some of the altcoins who possess this potential were undervalued don't be impressed from those manipulated coins who are pumping constantly.

Sidiq SP

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:16:54 AM

many ways to determine the existence of altcoin it has a long life in the market place, one of which is always monitor from the existing graph, how the development, if it is more likely to go down and ga rise, then the possibility to go forward and develop a bit longer, but inside a constantly rising and stable chart, it indicates that there are many transactions and it is a sign that altcoin is good and profitable
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:30:25 AM

Well for starters, here are some basic criteria that i consider:

1. it has to have a real world purpose and not just a fork that does nothing new.
2. it has to have a clear and do-able roadmap.
3. it has to have a competent development team made of real people and real experience.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:02:17 PM

you see first of the volatility, the more volatility means altcoin is good, because it is already widely recognized by many people, and they use it to invest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: