Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Blade keeps resetting at around 2 min.  (Read 2775 times)
Bitarchist (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:09:17 AM

I've been trying to get a block erupter blade to run for over 48 hours now.
After I finally figured out all the configuration details and downloaded all the needed software and set it up to run on a pool, it just runs for 2 min. and 20 sec. and then resets itself.
I've tried all of the fixes i could find here on the forum and nothing has worked.

can anybody help me?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
effektz

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:32:11 AM

After I finally figured out all the configuration details and downloaded all the needed software and set it up to run on a pool, it just runs for 2 min. and 20 sec. and then resets itself.
I've tried all of the fixes i could find here on the forum and nothing has worked.

can anybody help me?

Are you able to try it on a different computer? It could be some conflict with that machine, and if you can run them on another computer without issue, its probably the computer. If the same thing happens on another computer, its probably the erupters.
Bitarchist (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:47:24 AM

can anybody help me?

Are you able to try it on a different computer? It could be some conflict with that machine, and if you can run them on another computer without issue, its probably the computer. If the same thing happens on another computer, its probably the erupters.

I'm not sure why but my other computer wont run the stratum proxy. maybe i'll try my laptop.

After fumbling with the blade for several hours without finding a solution, I opened a brand new one out of the box and configured it from scratch... same problem, resets itself after 2 min. 20 sec. exactly.

I'm going to try another PC...

Anyone else having the same problem?
Bitarchist (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:59:27 AM

Still no luck... I ran bfgminer on the other computer and pointed it to slush's pool... same problem... 2 min. reset

Even if the data cable is not plugged in... 2 min. reset

im running out of ideas...

Am i the only one who is having this problem? Sad
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:27:45 AM

You set the server addresses and ports to the IP your stratum proxy is running on?
You made sure the stratum proxy computer and the blade are in the same subnet?
You made sure the blade's Gateway is the gateway for that subnet also?

It resets every 2:20 when it isn't able to connect to something getwork.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bitarchist (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:05:57 AM

You set the server addresses and ports to the IP your stratum proxy is running on?
You made sure the stratum proxy computer and the blade are in the same subnet?
You made sure the blade's Gateway is the gateway for that subnet also?

It resets every 2:20 when it isn't able to connect to something getwork.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the server addresses all match the IP address of the PC that is running the stratum proxy.
All are on the same subnet which is "0" and the gateway matches as well.

I was actually mining on slush's pool for a while before the first reset, only at 9% inefficiency tho. 

Is there a way i can run the blade without using the proxy just to see if it works?

Are there any pools i can test this with?

i really hope i didnt buy defective blades!
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:14:14 AM

If you have a pool that still has active getwork nodes, just punch that in as the server address. Low efficiency or low hashrate is expected here, because of the delays from getwork. When you say mining on slush's pool before the first reset, was that via stratum proxy or directly connected to the pool's getwork server?

Did you hit "switch server" during the reset? I did a test on one of mine earlier, and changed the server address to an unused IP on my network. The blade reset every 2:20 as expected, but even after changing the server IP back to proper it still was resetting until I hit "Switch Server" which I guess woke it up and got it spooling properly. Don't know if that affects you or not.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bitarchist (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:40:07 AM

If you have a pool that still has active getwork nodes, just punch that in as the server address. Low efficiency or low hashrate is expected here, because of the delays from getwork. When you say mining on slush's pool before the first reset, was that via stratum proxy or directly connected to the pool's getwork server?

Did you hit "switch server" during the reset? I did a test on one of mine earlier, and changed the server address to an unused IP on my network. The blade reset every 2:20 as expected, but even after changing the server IP back to proper it still was resetting until I hit "Switch Server" which I guess woke it up and got it spooling properly. Don't know if that affects you or not.

I was on slush's pool via stratum proxy, only running at like 9% efficiency and then reset at 2 min 20 sec it resets. I will try hitting switch server.

Thanks.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:58:34 AM

The only times I've had low efficiency were from getwork via internet (no stratum proxy) and from extreme overheating of the chips. Never saw 9% though. Was it low because of few accepted shares, or because of insanely high received? I know when the ASICs get overheated they tend to spam the getwork; accepted shares per minute might be acceptable but received work goes through the roof so efficiency drops.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:13:26 AM

As folks have said, the 2 minute 20 seconds is the automatic watchguard.  If the Blade isn't getting work, then it resets.

Try Eligius or BitMinter, both still have a getwork server running.  I have Eligius' getwork interface set as the backup pool on my Blades, with the primary server the getwork proxy on BFGMiner that's running on MinePeon on the RPi.
druidacelta

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:55:04 PM

Hi.

im having the same problem, arround 2 minutes the blade restart... and its not posible change config, because wen change some... the config was not saved...

any idea?

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:36:12 PM

Did you "Update/Restart" after altering the config settings? If it still doesn't take after doing that, it could be bad memory in the firmware controller on the blade - which isn't really fixable.

druidacelta

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:53:36 AM

Did you "Update/Restart" after altering the config settings? If it still doesn't take after doing that, it could be bad memory in the firmware controller on the blade - which isn't really fixable.

in my case the config is:

mac pro (192.168.1.5)

cable modem with 4 ports hub (i think is hub, not swich)

the steps that i did:

1.- factory reset (pin 2 and 3 )
3.- plug in one port at hub cable-modem
4.- try go to 192.168.1.254:8000
5.- Fail...

after i decided to plug directly to my mac (mac <----- ethernet cable ----> Blade) and i could go to config web at blade... but... 2 minutes and some seconds... the blade make a reset...

i have no idea, maybe the blade dont find any pool at default ips and just restart... or maybe i´m doing some bad.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:55:44 AM

The default settings on the blade are basically useless, just for show. You need to either mine on a pool that still supports getwork, or more efficiently, run a stratum proxy on your computer that connects to your pool and then configure the blade's server address and ports to point to your computer's IP.

druidacelta

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:12:20 AM

The default settings on the blade are basically useless, just for show. You need to either mine on a pool that still supports getwork, or more efficiently, run a stratum proxy on your computer that connects to your pool and then configure the blade's server address and ports to point to your computer's IP.

well. i have a external pool (public ip) but i think the router dont like blade´s network ethernet....

i´m go to try start a local pool on a raspberrypi and try again... but its strange that mac cannot access to web config through modem (mac <---> modem <---> blade )
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:35:04 PM

If it's tied directly to your mac, and your mac is tied to the interwebs, you would need to set the mac up to share internet through its connection and I'm not really sure how possible that is with the limited functionality firmware on these guys. Conversely, you can run a stratum proxy pointed at your pool from your mac, and point the blade at that. The blade talks with the stratum proxy, the proxy talks with your pool, and the whole thing should actually work more efficiently.

Is your mac hardwired to the modem, or does the modem also have integrated wireless you connect with? It might have wireless internally firewalled from the ethernet hub for some reason, which would prevent the one talking to the other when using it as a central point.

Bitarchist (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:47:13 PM

Thanks again for your help!

I took your advise and connected to a pool using getwork and now my blades are hashing! Great success!
However, just like you said, really low hash rate, like 22%.

Now that i know the blades are not defective i need to figure out why they kept resetting even while connected to slush's using stratum proxy.

I just want to maximize the potential of these blades ASAP, I feel like time is of the essence here!

Any and all advise is welcomed!
E-TARD

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 06:01:49 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 08:47:52 AM by E-TARD

Thanks again for your help!

I took your advise and connected to a pool using getwork and now my blades are hashing! Great success!
However, just like you said, really low hash rate, like 22%.

Now that i know the blades are not defective i need to figure out why they kept resetting even while connected to slush's using stratum proxy.

I just want to maximize the potential of these blades ASAP, I feel like time is of the essence here!

Any and all advise is welcomed!

I'm in the same boat as you
I just keep on restarting until it would work

what I', see is this

Total MHS: 00000
Received: 0000000040
Accepted: 0000000005

it will take the Receive then freezes up & do nothing for 2 min then restart & repet over & over until that one restart that makes everything happy
I'm using bfgminer-stratum-proxy
when I try the normal stratum-proxy
oh boy does the blade hate that it does not even take work from the normal stratum-proxy.

I have tried everything I can think of & none of it has worked.
I really hate ASICMiner what kind of dumb fucks make it use getwork only & make it so it cant be updated in anyway.

also I wanted to add my up time
the longest up time I have had with this blade is Up Time: 4d,9h,24m,46s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: