Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]#KN-R001 3TH/s Neptune KnCMiner, ord. #K27-BFYW-014072, PAID  (Read 33414 times)
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:56:32 PM

While I have no "dog in this fight", I will ask if there is a way to underclok/undervolt  the Neptune?  If so, have you folks considered it?

The benefits I can see are:

- It would reduce the stress on the one over-worked power connector for the Neptune, and possibly extend the life of the miner. Maybe prevent another melt-down problem?

- While it would no doubt reduce your income by reducing your hashrate, it might reduce your electricity costs even more. In other words increase your NET income by reducing expenses more than you reduce your gross income.

Best of luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SolarWindMiningCompany (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:33:58 PM

Thanks for the advice alh, but I already have done that to no eval.

I'm sorry to have to report this to you guys, but the cost to run the Neptunes now exceeds their earning potential. I have to shut them down...  Angry

If the value of Bitcoin rises enough to make mining worth it again I will let you know when I start them up again.

Thanks...

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Bakki

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:02:28 PM

Any chance of firing up the miners again? BTC price has gone up quite a bit since you shut them off.
darcimer

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:44:26 PM

Just my opinion here, and more for me to move on than for any of you to read..  I've been robbed so many times now that I am now a seasoned bullshyt detector.  I am fairly certain that this was an elaborate scam.  James, I am sorry, but I don't believe one word of what you have written the past 5 years.  You may be a genius con artist or a just an educated person who fumbled his way through this disaster.  My guess is that the miners were probably running the whole time.  I would be happy to take the broken/damaged equipment or whatever is left off your hands.  But I'm sure you have some excuse like you've "thrown them out" by now.  And whatever happened to the membership of SWMC?  That just disappeared.  So, I'm over it, don't bother replying and while I didn't lose alot of btc, I did gain an invaluable ability to avoid clever thieves like yourself.

I hope you're broke..

~D
MTBmanTT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 04:55:48 PM

Just my opinion here, and more for me to move on than for any of you to read..  I've been robbed so many times now that I am now a seasoned bullshyt detector.  I am fairly certain that this was an elaborate scam.  James, I am sorry, but I don't believe one word of what you have written the past 5 years.  You may be a genius con artist or a just an educated person who fumbled his way through this disaster.  My guess is that the miners were probably running the whole time.  I would be happy to take the broken/damaged equipment or whatever is left off your hands.  But I'm sure you have some excuse like you've "thrown them out" by now.  And whatever happened to the membership of SWMC?  That just disappeared.  So, I'm over it, don't bother replying and while I didn't lose alot of btc, I did gain an invaluable ability to avoid clever thieves like yourself.

I hope you're broke..

~D

I remember attempting to work with this guy back when SWMC was getting started, and like most here wanted it to succeed and grow to something cool. Though it never really got much liftoff in hashing before I fell off, it did become apparent that this man had a response for everything and everyone. The flip from one forum thread to another, and never really completing one main thing is what stuck out the most. Like yourself, I could never really tell if it were a genius con, or someone who got themselves way in over their head. Either way, good people go screwed and I hope he is broke and has nothing in the end by his greed as well.

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: