Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone else lost money to btcdeals.com?  (Read 4314 times)
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 01:08:46 AM

Hi all - sorry for all the issues with BTCDeals. I have (as titeuf_87 pointed out) been dealing with an urgent medical issue that has left my incapacitated from running the site - I'm not going to go in to details as it's far more personal than I care to divulge - but I assure you I have not been neglecting the site or people by choice. I have a lot of emails and people to follow up with and I am 100% aware of peoples concerns, frustrations and even anger. I will rectify all accounts that are having issues - you can send me a message on the support page, a private message here on the forums or even out in the open on this forum; I will answer all inquiries but be aware I am back logged and still not feeling completely up to spending too much time on my computer at this time as I continue to get better.

I apologize for this and wish I could have offered more assistance during this time and hope everyone understands I am doing my best to answer inquiries and follow up with missing or delayed orders.

In addition to this - the deals on the site for the next few days are all going to be repeats and I will probably mark them up quite a bit just to discourage sales so I can get things back on track;

Thanks,

Elliott / sublimnl / BTCDeals
admin@btcdeals.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttk2

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 01:33:27 AM

Hi all - sorry for all the issues with BTCDeals. I have (as titeuf_87 pointed out) been dealing with an urgent medical issue that has left my incapacitated from running the site - I'm not going to go in to details as it's far more personal than I care to divulge - but I assure you I have not been neglecting the site or people by choice. I have a lot of emails and people to follow up with and I am 100% aware of peoples concerns, frustrations and even anger. I will rectify all accounts that are having issues - you can send me a message on the support page, a private message here on the forums or even out in the open on this forum; I will answer all inquiries but be aware I am back logged and still not feeling completely up to spending too much time on my computer at this time as I continue to get better.

I apologize for this and wish I could have offered more assistance during this time and hope everyone understands I am doing my best to answer inquiries and follow up with missing or delayed orders.

In addition to this - the deals on the site for the next few days are all going to be repeats and I will probably mark them up quite a bit just to discourage sales so I can get things back on track;

Thanks,

Elliott / sublimnl / BTCDeals
admin@btcdeals.com

Get well soon, Bitcoin need a more merchants like you.

Just in case i do something worthwhile: 12YXLzbi4hfLaUxyPswRbKW92C6h5KsVnX
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:04:19 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2011, 01:42:00 AM by teflone

Ummmmm...

Still waiting up here in canada, I bought during your BTC Deals and hour day...

I believe that was Canada Day, as in JULY 1st.

1.5 months ago...

Sorry about your health... but whats going on here ?

Over 1 month is a bit much...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
wormbog (OP)

Activity: 561

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 05:41:59 PM

Ummmmm...

2.5 months ago...

Over 2 months is a bit much...

July 1st was 1.5 months ago.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 05:55:13 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 09:39:47 PM by Littleshop

A few weeks ago I responded to his post offering bctdeals for sale but received no reply as well.

Joscience

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:38:19 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2011, 04:54:30 AM by Joscience

Took just about 8 weeks for my order to arrive.  I placed another order a few weeks after the first, so it should be arriving any day.

He was pretty clear that items were dropped shipped from China!

Two weeks later, I now am of the opinion that BTCdeals is a scam.  My first order went through, the second seems to have been a scam.
teflone

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:40:51 AM

Ummmmm...

2.5 months ago...

Over 2 months is a bit much...

July 1st was 1.5 months ago.

Sorry, I live in the future...

Have you seen this boy ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
teflone

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 03:55:26 PM

No response to 2 emails..

And today I notice you have another "day of deals"

Still nothing...Still waiting..

2 months..

teflone

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:23:15 AM

*twiddling thumbs*

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 01:08:43 AM

So how many people lost money here? 

Lundy

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:55:09 PM

Think I'm out ~6btc, 2 paid orders 2+ months ago and one of the "freebies" tv remote deals.
teflone

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:00:53 PM

Think I'm out ~6btc, 2 paid orders 2+ months ago and one of the "freebies" tv remote deals.

Me too brother...  Sad

its a shame it went on this long..

Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 03:09:49 AM

Wasn't he trying to sell it? Wasn't matthew wright buying it or something I dont remember.  There is a thread on this board about it being for sale.
teflone

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:53:51 PM

yes...

So wheres my stuff ?

Stefanie Andrea

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:18:41 AM

still waiting for my items..
Vitalik Buterin

Activity: 330
Merit: 397

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 10:05:15 AM

Oh my god ... goxed again??? When will this finally stop?

This is pure poison for bitcoin. I'm really sorry, man. Hope it wasn't too much.

We need to completely reorganize. All shops, exchanges and so forth have to be ultra trasparent from now on.

An we - the users - shouldn't deal with any less (especially not out of greed/potential profit). If the merchant/exchange in question wants anonymity please don't buy there, don't do business there.

I'm so sick of this!!!

The main correlation with trustworthiness seems to be community involvement. Back during the crisis, MtGox was very heavily involved with the community setting things right, and now they're the ones bailing out other exchanges. BitMunchies was always engaged with the community, etc. MyBitcoin, on the other hand, was invisible on the forums, and even when people started complaining about it they made no effort whatsoever to do damage control.

Those are the kinds of businesses I would trust with my money - by participating in the community it's a sign that they care about Bitcoin itself and aren't just in it for personal financial gain, and they're putting their reputation on the line as collateral.

Argumentum ad lunam: the fallacy that because Bitcoin's price is rising really fast the currency must be a speculative bubble and/or Ponzi scheme.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 02:56:30 PM

Oh my god ... goxed again??? When will this finally stop?

This is pure poison for bitcoin. I'm really sorry, man. Hope it wasn't too much.

We need to completely reorganize. All shops, exchanges and so forth have to be ultra trasparent from now on.

An we - the users - shouldn't deal with any less (especially not out of greed/potential profit). If the merchant/exchange in question wants anonymity please don't buy there, don't do business there.

I'm so sick of this!!!

The main correlation with trustworthiness seems to be community involvement. Back during the crisis, MtGox was very heavily involved with the community setting things right, and now they're the ones bailing out other exchanges. BitMunchies was always engaged with the community, etc. MyBitcoin, on the other hand, was invisible on the forums, and even when people started complaining about it they made no effort whatsoever to do damage control.

Those are the kinds of businesses I would trust with my money - by participating in the community it's a sign that they care about Bitcoin itself and aren't just in it for personal financial gain, and they're putting their reputation on the line as collateral.

I do think this site did not start as a scam.  I think something happened, not sure what it was, but after that something should have been done.  I offered to buy the site but got no response.  If the owner was active, they would have replied because they would have been paid for the site and lost responsibility for the operation. 

Of course, with no action and leading along then nothing... it ended that way. 

wormbog (OP)

Activity: 561

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:19:00 PM

Time to follow up since I started this thread. It's now been 2.5 months since I placed my order and still nothing. The btcdeals.com site is now an Apache test page. I'm also of the opinion that the site started out legit and the owner eventually decided it would be easier to disappear than to deal with an ever increasing number of complaints and refund demands.

The larger conclusion is that anyone who is only willing to do business anonymously will end up stealing your money sooner or later.
teflone

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 04:07:57 AM

Holy hell people..

It was a complete SCAM, right from the begining.

Why in hell would he run a SECOND day of deals then close immediatly after..??

It was his last big cashout!..

Sublimnl or whatever it is should be labeled with the scammer tag.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: