Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:23:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I cannot see qt client window  (Read 5644 times)
krovko654 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:29:05 AM

Hi.

I did not run the qt client for months. Now I did, but after sync, I still cannot see the window of client. I am able to double click tray icon, then the app appears on taskbar, but no window will open up. Minimizing all other windows does not help, single click on qt on taskbar does not help, right click on tray icon and selecting Show/hide does not help. I can only right click qt on taskbar and choose Close. I can right click the tray icon too, where everything will open a window, except "Show/hide", "Send" and "Get" - so I can see Options etc.

I have the latest version of qt client (v0.8.5-beta), I have it fully synced (all blocks), running on Windows 7.

Why I cannot the main window? What can I do to fix that, please?

Thank you for help in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
findiggle

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:30:53 AM

Hi.

I did not run the qt client for months. Now I did, but after sync, I still cannot see the window of client. I am able to double click tray icon, then the app appears on taskbar, but no window will open up. Minimizing all other windows does not help, single click on qt on taskbar does not help, right click on tray icon and selecting Show/hide does not help. I can only right click qt on taskbar and choose Close. I can right click the tray icon too, where everything will open a window, except "Show/hide", "Send" and "Get" - so I can see Options etc.

I have the latest version of qt client (v0.8.5-beta), I have it fully synced (all blocks), running on Windows 7.

Why I cannot the main window? What can I do to fix that, please?

Thank you for help in advance.

I'm not sure how to fix it, exactly. When this happens to me, I can usually locate a . . . blank spot in the switcher I use. Does something look fishy if you Alt-tab through all your windows? If you use compiz, then enable shift switch, and you'll see that there is an invisible window in the rotation. That's your bitcoin-qt window. Possibly other switchers will reveal it similarly.

- Findiggle.
krovko654 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:17:48 PM

Alt-Tab shows nothing new, no client window.

I use Win64 7.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:36:30 PM

QT takes up to 10min to get started, easily... Maybe you should just be more patient.
If you've waited enough, you might try to download http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
It's an advanced task manager, allowing you, for example, to kill a multi-selection of processes.
Find bitcoinqt.exe in the process list, and try "right-click=>Window=>Maximize", then "right-click=>Window=>Bring to Front".
If not working, at least, you'll have a great task manager installed for later use (check the Network tab, for example). Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Qbeczeq

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:54:00 PM

Have you tried update/install NET Framework? I have this problem sometimes too, but only if I accidentaly open Litecoin/Bitcoin client two times in row. Try also kill all processes of qt client and start program once again.
krovko654 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:18:20 AM

QT takes up to 10min to get started, easily... Maybe you should just be more patient.
If you've waited enough, you might try to download http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
It's an advanced task manager, allowing you, for example, to kill a multi-selection of processes.
Find bitcoinqt.exe in the process list, and try "right-click=>Window=>Maximize", then "right-click=>Window=>Bring to Front".
If not working, at least, you'll have a great task manager installed for later use (check the Network tab, for example). Grin
Oh, I cannot believe my stupidity... This fixed the problem, thank you!

BTW, is it some type of SysInternals superstructure?
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:31:29 PM

Great news!

BTW, is it some type of SysInternals superstructure?

Not that I am aware of, I think it's an independant project.
And in my book, much better than Process Explorer. Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
tennozer

Activity: 322

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

Sorry for necro but I don't want to open a new thread. I have the same problem. When I clicked "inputs" Core was frozen, then I closed it. After that I never see main window. I can open Debug Window but can't see main screen. I tried a lot of things, including Process Hacker mentioned in this thread but I still can't see the screen. Do you have any other ideas? Because I don't know what to do.

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 04:35:28 PM

Sorry for necro but I don't want to open a new thread. I have the same problem. When I clicked "inputs" Core was frozen, then I closed it. After that I never see main window. I can open Debug Window but can't see main screen. I tried a lot of things, including Process Hacker mentioned in this thread but I still can't see the screen. Do you have any other ideas? Because I don't know what to do.
Try doing shift+right click on the icon in the taskbar. Then select move and just click somewhere on the screen. If you can't click the move option, then click on the desktop and make sure that no window is currently selected.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: