Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:40:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DID YOU EVER FALL INTO THE FOMO TRAP?  (Read 237 times)
cryptohoodz (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:07:49 PM

FOMO = fear of missing out. An important rule you can read online is that you should never buy cryptos when the price is pumping very hard, because after all pumps the price goes down and corrects.
Sounds really rational and a smart thing to do.

However, I have to admit although I gained experience in crypto and made some decent profits, sometimes it's really difficult to resist buying a coin when it's really hyped and price goes though the roof!

Do you guys experience the same thing?
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

Several times and its without studying the charts and price history. When I read somewhere that price is going up and I saw a big green stick in in the chart I bought the coin right away and price slowly dropped. Later on I found out that the reason why the price suddenly shoot up is because it was listed on another exchange. Learned my lesson there and its costly.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:18:20 PM

Yes, I fell for FOMO when I first started in crypto. I heard lots of good news of a coin and got interested. The good news made me motivated and believe that the coin will bring me good profit. So I bought the coin quickly because price keep rising, the coin ended up dumping and I became a bag holder for a long time.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:44:15 PM

Everyone fell for FOMO at the end of last year, everyone in the media was reporting huge gains so everyone jumped in but then got burned during the correction. It will begin again now that crypto is pumping again so the FOMO factor is back

jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:55:34 PM

FOMO = fear of missing out. An important rule you can read online is that you should never buy cryptos when the price is pumping very hard, because after all pumps the price goes down and corrects.

However, I have to admit although I gained experience in crypto and made some decent profits, sometimes it's really difficult to resist buying a coin when it's really hyped and price goes though the roof!

Everyone starting on crypto will fall for all the ups and downs of crypto space, It takes time to mature; understand the market and settle. Its a learning process.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

I think every trader usually gets trapped due to fomo i also made few bad investments when i bought the peak due to fomo, now all those coins are down around 70%, i will hold and wait for next bull run and do not plan to sell them in loss.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:09:52 PM

Many times I did a regret because of this. And that was a mistake before. Of course, my eyes widened at the coins which I saw last time that almost reached the sky. But same thing goes to the other traders, I have been tempted before and bought some of my coins at a high price.

Well, we have learned from our experiences. Thus, I have gained some strategies now without that FOMO thing. Cheesy
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:11:43 PM

I think that sooner or later all the people who don't have any kind of financial background, including me of course, fall into FOMO. It's a new market, we always think it's gonna boom, we just buy.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:12:02 PM

Honestly, I still fell for fomo after a few years in crypto. When coins’ prices are going up, you never know whether it is fomo or a real price rise.
reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:14:24 PM

Of course i was trapped twice,but that is when i am new to the market and it was the worst nightmare that i have faced of,i lose half of my investments but i managed to get it back thru investing to another altcoins.I have learned my lesson too hard which is why i am not going to make the same mistake.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
crampus

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:18:36 PM

I do not have similar feelings, maybe because I have this secondary income? If cryptography becomes the main income, then everything is possible.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:20:23 PM

Yes I experienced in Ripple coin ripple has biggest Fomo in entire crypto industry  ripple increase in value all of sudden at least 5 to 10 times in a week
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:21:16 PM

FOMO is another aspect of addiction, and i dont think anyone in cryptosphere has been left untouched by it, maybe due to greed, anxiety, herd mentality, lack of maturity, rashness or just plain desperation.
honghe99

Activity: 406

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:31:15 PM

Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about fomo. Is it an ICO token or a coin. Can someone tell me what happened to fomo?
it seems to be a very famous thing that you all know it,I'm curious.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
CryptoSheikh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:36:56 PM

I don't know if you would consider it FOMO but when the bitcoin dropped to 7950$ first time after the bull run i bought and added some when it reached 9000$ then it dropped to 6k -_-

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
kenmobility

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:38:40 PM

almost every crypto trader fall into the trap of FOMO, may be once or twice,  the only way to avoid falling for this is by researching about any alt coin before buying it no matter how the price is pumping, because it's only shot coins that are being pumped and dumped like that easily
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:44:27 PM

Definitely - I was FOMO'd by Spectrecoin and Coss at year end.  I've managed to cost average my Coss way down, but haven't bought more XSPEC on the way down.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Devanomrz

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:45:34 PM

Yeah
When i'm started about trading
I'm frequently FOMO
Always buying the flying coin
And then i'm realized that's a disservice
Now i don't easily got FOMO again
Check the chart and the news first
That's the tips
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:46:49 PM

almost every crypto trader fall into the trap of FOMO, may be once or twice,  the only way to avoid falling for this is by researching about any alt coin before buying it no matter how the price is pumping, because it's only shot coins that are being pumped and dumped like that easily

I'm not sure I agree.  It's impossible to predict the market.  As someone else noted, if you bought at the end of 2017, you were FOMO'd pretty much regardless of what you bought.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:58:14 PM

Regarding trading, not yet. But regarding other crypto related things, definitely yes. I can't seem to stop thinking about the opportunities I missed, because I only got in the whole crypto scene a year ago. But it always calms me down to think about the opportunities that still lie ahead.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: