Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:03:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED - No New Order] FREE 240 Gh Hashing when ordering a KnC Neptune  (Read 4749 times)
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:49:42 AM

Anyone been in contact with Wesly?

I sent him 2 PM's but no response and he has been online a few times since his last post (9th December).

Any response?
I'd like to know that he's still alive, and intend to keep his word.

No. Let's give the guy some time - it's the holiday season.

If he doesn't show up there is plenty of time to change the reseller info on your account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:43:59 AM

• I want to be clear that I am only providing this as a mutually beneficial service and not requesting any direct payment (althought donation is always welcome Smiley).  You are also not paying extra to order your Neptune through my referral link, nor are you obligated to order through my link.  Therefore, there is no contract or guarantee implied or otherwise of any kind.  This is a purely an At-Will proposition that can be terminated by any parties involved at any time (KnC, you, myself, Mother Nature...)

Can you please clarify the above statement.
    To me it sounds like you can at any time decide to terminate the whole gig and stop paying dividends to all party members. Probably that is not the case and as such you might want to rewrite it.

All of the people in the queue are putting a lot of faith in you for delivering on your promise, so it might be a good idea to put forward some sort of guarantee that once you receive the free miner/miners you will indeed  share the income Smiley

Perhaps you can arrange a hosting service close to the shipping date for which I will gladly pay. If for example it is $400 a month, then each of us will have to pay $40 which is nothing Smiley
    Or better yet a small percentage of each person BTC income can go towards the hosting.

What do you think?
    cyper, i think he has hosting covered....instead of a full 10% of miner, you get 8%, 2% for maintenance/hosting....and I think that clause is just an "in case of emergency" clause. anyway, will wait to hear from wesly himself.[/list]
    CYPER

View Profile
    January 10, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

The guy is nowhere to be found.
    I suggest waiting some more time and then just contacting KNC to change the reseller info on the account, which is perfectly possible.

I will personally contact everyone on that list if the Wesly doesn't show up.
    CYPER

View Profile
    January 26, 2014, 05:27:58 PM

So I am fairly certain this whole thread was a scam from the beginning. And a lot of us fell for it.
    It looks like he did well as a reseller: http://reseller.kncminer.com/orders

234 Sales and 59 Orders, which I assume means 59 Neptunes were paid.

The good thing is Bitcoinorama told me that if enough people report this guy to KNC then they will most probably remove him as a reseller and withdraw his rewards.
    So I urge everyone to contact KNC and report this guy. Later on this week I will provide you with a template letter to forward to KNC, which you can edit if you want.
    Also I will be contacting everyone on this list personally.

Also it is very likely that the scammer is reading this topic and he might conveniently re-appear with a made up story of why he was away and not being able to participate here, even though he has regularly visited the forum as I was checking him daily. He will probably try to convince us that all is good, when he see that he will most probably loose all his rewards and his reseller status, which is what he deserves anyway.
    Please don't fall for it.
    chrono030

Activity: 114
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    January 27, 2014, 02:22:41 AM

So I am fairly certain this whole thread was a scam from the beginning. And a lot of us fell for it.
    It looks like he did well as a reseller: http://reseller.kncminer.com/orders

The good thing is Bitcoinorama told me that if enough people report this guy to KNC then they will most probably remove him as a reseller and withdraw his rewards.
    So I urge everyone to contact KNC and report this guy. Later on this week I will provide you with a template letter to forward to KNC, which you can edit if you want.
    Also I will be contacting everyone on this list personally.

Also it is very likely that the scammer is reading this topic and he might conveniently re-appear with a made up story of why he was away and not being able to participate here, even though he has regularly visited the forum as I was checking him daily. He will probably try to convince us that all is good, when he see that he will most probably loose all his rewards and his reseller status, which is what he deserves anyway.
    Please don't fall for it.

Let me know if he doesn't show up.  I'll gladly send a note to KNC.
    merv77

Activity: 574
    Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
    January 27, 2014, 04:31:52 AM

234 sales that were paid
    59 ordered but not paid
    chrono030

Activity: 114
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    January 27, 2014, 03:41:57 PM

234 sales that were paid
    59 ordered but not paid

FYI - he was last online today and didn't respond to my PM.
    CYPER

View Profile
    January 27, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

I am certain this was a scam from the beginning.
    The link where you can track each reseller sales also does not work anymore: http://reseller.kncminer.com/orders
    And I just got a reply from KNC that: We do not change reseller IDs connected to the orders any longer.
    How convenient.

We should all press KNC to remove his reseller status and his awards. I will organize this later on as we have plenty of time until Neptunes start shipping anyway.
    sbfree

View Profile
    January 28, 2014, 11:24:33 AM

The link where you can track each reseller sales also does not work anymore: http://reseller.kncminer.com/orders
    And I just got a reply from KNC that: We do not change reseller IDs connected to the orders any longer.
    How convenient.

We should all press KNC to remove his reseller status and his awards. I will organize this later on as we have plenty of time until Neptunes start shipping anyway.
    well hope wesly wasn't out to game us, but it is certainly starting to look that way. And what proof do we have that he is or isn't legit...none....I fell for his ebay claim but now that I look at it he isn't even selling anything...bet he sells some neptunes pretty soon.

wesly, your last chance to rectify this.....otherwise I am all for letting knc know we want out of this deal.....to knc's benefit anyway since they won't have to give away some free miners, and I know most if not all here would be interested in another unit....so
    wesly time is running out.....
    Wesly (OP)

Activity: 185
    Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
    January 30, 2014, 05:50:59 PM
    Last edit: January 31, 2014, 06:45:17 AM by Wesly

I am back from my bitcointalk hiatus.  It was not planned, but came about while I was away on vacation in mid-December.  It was very relaxing and stress free to not think about or speculate about anything related to Bitcoin for an entire week.  I found myself enjoying not spending hours reading, posting at all hours of the days (in the morning, at work, after dinner, past midnight…)  This Bitcoin obsession was just taking over my life and I felt like I am slowly turning into phoenix the second Smiley  No disrespect intended toward phoenix, I do have a full-time job, a family to take care of.  This was getting unhealthy, but that’s just how I operate as I am a knowledge sponge that live to learn about anything and everything.

I would like to set the record straight, there is nothing guarantee implied or otherwise, other than my words, your words and KnC’s words.  It have been very clear in my original post and nothing has changed.  I fully intended to follow through with the promise I made to share the bitcoin earning if and when I do received the awarded Neptune according to the terms I laid out based on the order of the list of purchasers made through my reseller link.

I have also made clear this is an at-will proposition, I cannot stop you nor will I try to discourage you from cancelling your order if Neptune is delayed, or if you want to change reseller ID associated with your order.  KnC might disappear (not likely) with our pre-order fund or simply cancel their reseller program and not ship any award Neptune out to their resellers.  Or I might get really sick (hopefully not) and physically unable to fulfill my promise.

I understand some of you might be anxious since I have not been posting for a while, but I just needed a break and I never guarantee that I will stick around speculating or holding hands between now and 1st delivery, which looks like it is going to be another 4-5 months.  I like to plan ahead, but there are just too many variables to plan anything for.  What is the power usage?  anywhere from 2kW - 6kW? Hash rate?  3TH to 5TH?  form factor?  Rackmountable? If so, 4U, 5U?  How many power supplies?  Are they internal or external (require more rack space)?  What will the price of the bitcion be 4-5 months from now?  Less than $100 (won’t even pay for the electricity at the rate difficulty is climbing and everybody will be asking for a refund) or $2000?  How much total hashing power will be out on the network by then?  I have just come to the conclusion that whatever happens will happen and no amount of discussion or speculation will change that.  We will just have to wait and see where we stand with this partnership when the first Neptune finally starts delivering (the reward Netpune will deliver last after all paid order has been delivered).  Any question?
    sbfree

View Profile
    January 30, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

Wesly, glad to hear you are well and all is well with yours.....silence is golden....at the movies, lol. Anyway, we just wanted to hear from you , even if it was to say you were going on hiatus....but not saying anything, well that just lets rumor, gossip and the word 'scam' to run together.

Anyway, I would like to mention 2 things....

1-  of course it is still very early, but I am willing to host 1 unit if for whatever reason you are unable to host, and under the same terms you have stated here for all of us to enjoy so long as it is within reason for me to do so....for example electrical cost more than the mining is making

2- I believe KNC would let buyer and seller change or give reseller credit...meaning I bought one direct from KNC before using wesly's link for the 2nd, maybe we can get the 1st into wesly's reseller to help us along. (unless knc has recently changed that)
    Wesly (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 30, 2014, 07:01:06 PM

Wesly, glad to hear you are well and all is well with yours.....silence is golden....at the movies, lol. Anyway, we just wanted to hear from you , even if it was to say you were going on hiatus....but not saying anything, well that just lets rumor, gossip and the word 'scam' to run together.

1-  of course it is still very early, but I am willing to host 1 unit if for whatever reason you are unable to host, and under the same terms you have stated here for all of us to enjoy so long as it is within reason for me to do so....for example electrical cost more than the mining is making

2- I believe KNC would let buyer and seller change or give reseller credit...meaning I bought one direct from KNC before using wesly's link for the 2nd, maybe we can get the 1st into wesly's reseller to help us along. (unless knc has recently changed that)

It was definitely not my intention to be away for this long, but it was really nice not having to worry or stress over what's going to happen especially when there is so little information to even speculate what might happen.  We might all just end up requesting for a refund and this would have been for nil.

Thank you, I will definitely keep that in mind since we still don't know how much power each Neptune will use.   I have pm you to see where you are at in the world.

When did that change?  There was several users who had confirmed changing reseller ID to mine without any problem and I assume they can also change it to someone else if they change their mind later.  I have no problem giving my permission to release their orders to associate to a different reseller ID.  It actually saves me from the headache and my obligation to to host and power all these Neptunes.
    Wesly (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 30, 2014, 09:10:21 PM

How convenient.

Please enlighten me on what I have gained from this 'well-thought scam from the beginning' if 0 Neptune has been delivered and won't be delivered for 4-5 months?  And what promise have I broken?  Did I promise I am going to read/post every week?  Don't you think a real scammer would want to continue promoting the scam to catch more victims?  What kind of lousy scammer am I to not ask for any money/bitcoin upfront.  Worst of all disappearing months before receiving any compensation?

It is one thing if Neptune has started delivery and I did not get excited and did not started posting about my early Batch 0 order of 3 Neptunes.  Then "maybe" you can start worrying and sharpening your pitch forks.  Realistically, delivery is not for another 4-5 months for the earliest Neptunes, what would you want me to do in the meantime when there is no news or specs?  I originally made this offer not for profit, but to have fun and to meet other Bitcoin believers.  There was never any pressure and I didn't create any useless post on the main KnC thread to spam about my offer.  That's intentional as I have made it clear from the very beginning this is an "at will" proposition for all parties involved.  I do not want to turn this to into a job...  I already have one and I don't need the extra stress.  You can freely choose to believe me or not, and made your purchase with me or believe somebody else.  I have nothing to hide and you are welcome to draw your own conclusion, but I fully intended to fulfill my promise to those who had already purchased through my link.

I wasn't aware nor do I have any control over the recent KnC policy change for switching Reseller ID.  You are welcome to form your own reseller group and I will be more than happy to give KnC any authorization necessary if you want to change the Reseller ID associated with your orders.  Just let KnC know and I am sure they will email me and I will definitely give them my approval.
    sbfree

View Profile
    January 31, 2014, 01:32:18 AM

1-  of course it is still very early, but I am willing to host 1 unit if for whatever reason you are unable to host, and under the same terms you have stated here for all of us to enjoy so long as it is within reason for me to do so....for example electrical cost more than the mining is making

It was definitely not my intention to be away for this long, but it was really nice not having to worry or stress over what's going to happen especially when there is so little information to even speculate what might happen.  We might all just end up requesting for a refund and this would have been for nil.

Thank you, I will definitely keep that in mind since we still don't know how much power each Neptune will use.   I have pm you to see where you are at in the world.

When did that change?  There was several users who had confirmed changing reseller ID to mine without any problem and I assume they can also change it to someone else if they change their mind later.  I have no problem giving my permission to release their orders to associate to a different reseller ID.  It actually saves me from the headache and my obligation to to host and power all these Neptunes.
    Wesly, on the 2nd part,
    what I mean is that my 1st unit order was directly through knc, maybe we can add that one to your reseller links so it can count towards completing another round of ten.
    I believe others did the same and might want to transfer to your reseller link as well.
    Wesly (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 31, 2014, 04:13:44 AM

what I mean is that my 1st unit order was directly through knc, maybe we can add that one to your reseller links so it can count towards completing another round of ten.
    I believe others did the same and might want to transfer to your reseller link as well.

You are welcome to ask KnC to transfer to my reseller link since you have used my link for your other order.  Please let me know whether or not it is successfully.  But I think I am going to stop accepting any new/transfer order.  I have since sold many more Neptune outside of bitcointalk, mostly for batch 2.  I have seen people ask the question, but it didn't appear anybody has received clarification from KnC on whether or not they will count the sales total in the 3 different batches separately or will they combine them when they calculate how many reward Neptunes they will ship out? And when will they ship?  After every 10 delivered Neptune?  After the last system has shipped in each batch?  Or after all 3 batches have been shipped?
    CYPER

View Profile
    February 01, 2014, 03:17:14 AM

How convenient.

Please enlighten me on what I have gained from this 'well-thought scam from the beginning' if 0 Neptune has been delivered and won't be delivered for 4-5 months?  And what promise have I broken?  Did I promise I am going to read/post every week?  Don't you think a real scammer would want to continue promoting the scam to catch more victims?  What kind of lousy scammer am I to not ask for any money/bitcoin upfront.  Worst of all disappearing months before receiving any compensation?

It is one thing if Neptune has started delivery and I did not get excited and did not started posting about my early Batch 0 order of 3 Neptunes.  Then "maybe" you can start worrying and sharpening your pitch forks.  Realistically, delivery is not for another 4-5 months for the earliest Neptunes, what would you want me to do in the meantime when there is no news or specs?  I originally made this offer not for profit, but to have fun and to meet other Bitcoin believers.  There was never any pressure and I didn't create any useless post on the main KnC thread to spam about my offer.  That's intentional as I have made it clear from the very beginning this is an "at will" proposition for all parties involved.  I do not want to turn this to into a job...  I already have one and I don't need the extra stress.  You can freely choose to believe me or not, and made your purchase with me or believe somebody else.  I have nothing to hide and you are welcome to draw your own conclusion, but I fully intended to fulfill my promise to those who had already purchased through my link.

I wasn't aware nor do I have any control over the recent KnC policy change for switching Reseller ID.  You are welcome to form your own reseller group and I will be more than happy to give KnC any authorization necessary if you want to change the Reseller ID associated with your orders.  Just let KnC know and I am sure they will email me and I will definitely give them my approval.

You can win a lot if KNC refuse to change anything like they did.

The main problem for me was that you went away around THE 10th of December around the time I posted THIS and conveniently re-appeared when suspicion started to grow. And the worrying bit is that you claim to have been away, yet I was checking daily when was the last time you were online and between 10th December and 20th January you were logged in and online at least on 5 different occasions. I have sent you at least 2 PMs during that time and I find it hard to believe you have not seen them. From my point of view you just ignored them and this topic.

I hope you do understand that people has put a lot of trust in you and if you hypothetically were to receive the free miners and just willingly disappear that would be considered a scam. So naturally it would be a good idea to offer some sort of protection to the people who trusted you. This will only show that you are serious on keeping up with your word.
    Please check my post again as you have somehow missed it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348743.msg3882871#msg3882871
    Wesly (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 01, 2014, 01:50:44 PM
    Last edit: February 01, 2014, 02:16:43 PM by Wesly

You can win a lot if KNC refuse to change anything like they did.

The main problem for me was that you went away around THE 10th of December around the time I posted THIS and conveniently re-appeared when suspicion started to grow. And the worrying bit is that you claim to have been away, yet I was checking daily when was the last time you were online and between 10th December and 20th January you were logged in and online at least on 5 different occasions. I have sent you at least 2 PMs during that time and I find it hard to believe you have not seen them. From my point of view you just ignored them and this topic.

I hope you do understand that people has put a lot of trust in you and if you hypothetically were to receive the free miners and just willingly disappear that would be considered a scam. So naturally it would be a good idea to offer some sort of protection to the people who trusted you. This will only show that you are serious on keeping up with your word.
    Please check my post again as you have somehow missed it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348743.msg3882871#msg3882871

Have I receive the awarded Neptune?  You are acting like I have already received any Neptune and I broke my promise to share its hashing power.  Neptune is far from a sure deal and even if it did become a reality, it could be July or August and difficulty could very well be 10x what it is today with Cointerra, Bitmine and HashFast ramping up productions.  Bitmain and Avalon Gen2 mass producing their one-gen old chips.  Monarch might actually finally see the light of day (BFL will probably end up mining with the 1st batch for months before delivery anyway).  And ASICminer with their shockingly efficiency 40nm chips taping out and flooding the markets with cheap/efficient chips in 2-3 months...  Don't be surprise if each Neptune even at 5TH only returns 0.1 BTC per day..  Of course people (including myself) will long be requesting for a refund before it even get close to that point (maybe by end of June if Neptune is not delivered and network is over 100PH).  Besides that, nobody knows what will 1 BTC be worth 4-5 months from now.  Everybody is hoping it will appreciate, maybe $2000, or maybe $100?  This will also play into whether anybody will continue to keep their order, no one should be counting on anything at this point in time.  I sure am not and that's why I still have my day job.

Stalking much?  One of my rarely used computers turned on occasionally and Chrome automatically reopen all my tabs including bitcointalk with my password saved (you can set it to remember forever).  You should see how many tabs I have open all the time, I don't use bookmarks Smiley  Either that or my account was hacked (doubtful).  Regardless, I didn't felt there was anything important to discuss until we know more about Neptune, power, dimension, PSU internal or external, delivery date, value of bitcoin.

Is this a group buy?  Did I run away with anybody's money?  Nope.  Was anything guarantee?  Definitely not... I already made plenty clear that you are welcome to cancel any time and I will not stop you if you do.  Yes, there is a certain level of trust that must exist for those of you who chose to order through my link, but if you really think about it, the threshold is much lower than if this were a group buy and if I have received any actual compensation.

I am not sure what more protection you want.  I didn't receive any compensation, only a promise of compensation from KnC in exchange for the promise of you order through my link, keeping your order and not transferring to another reseller and my promise is to share the hashing power if I receive the awarded Neptune from KnC, which I have not broken.  I already made it clear that you are free to cancel your order and transfer your order to another reseller who can make you a better offer than 8% hashing or if you trust them more than I do.  I am not discouraging anybody from doing that.

Yes, it is disappointing that it is looking less and less likely Neptune will be profitable and people are anxious to jump ship as they see other manufacturers shipping their shiney new miners.  I, myself prefer to sit back and wait for the dust to settle, which was why I was away for a long time.  I was tired of all of the empty talks and constant useless bickering going back and forth between the same set of individuals.  So no, it is not premeditated, and if it is was, I would probably left some kind of note saying so, but I didn't.
    Wesly (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 01, 2014, 02:11:02 PM
    Last edit: February 23, 2014, 07:26:06 AM by Wesly

• I want to be clear that I am only providing this as a mutually beneficial service and not requesting any direct payment (althought donation is always welcome Smiley).  You are also not paying extra to order your Neptune through my referral link, nor are you obligated to order through my link.  Therefore, there is no contract or guarantee implied or otherwise of any kind.  This is a purely an At-Will proposition that can be terminated by any parties involved at any time (KnC, you, myself, Mother Nature...)

Can you please clarify the above statement.
    To me it sounds like you can at any time decide to terminate the whole gig and stop paying dividends to all party members. Probably that is not the case and as such you might want to rewrite it.

All of the people in the queue are putting a lot of faith in you for delivering on your promise, so it might be a good idea to put forward some sort of guarantee that once you receive the free miner/miners you will indeed  share the income Smiley

Perhaps you can arrange a hosting service close to the shipping date for which I will gladly pay. If for example it is $400 a month, then each of us will have to pay $40 which is nothing Smiley
    Or better yet a small percentage of each person BTC income can go towards the hosting.

What do you think?

Yes I have the option to terminate and pull the plug at any time if and when it doesn't make sense to continue mining.  But without knowing the actual specs, power requirement, hashrate, rack space requirement, Bitcoin value and total network hashing power, there is no way to tell how long it will last.  Estimate is anywhere from 0 day to 1 year...  That's why I wrote the term that way as there is no way to predict what will happen by the time Neptune is released.. we don't even know when exactly it will be released..  Or it could very well be that most people will likely cancel their order if it doesn't ship by end of June, so yes, this can be terminated by anyone, not just myself.

If you want more clarification than that, then you need to provide me with a guarantee KnC specs, delivery day, that nobody else will be canceling their orders..  and of course the network hash rate and bitcoin price from the time the Neptune start hashing to when it dies or becomes unprofitable.  If you can accurately predict all of that and guarantee they are accurate, then I can tell you exactly what I will do.

I am not going to start asking for money now after I have already promised to include the cost of hosting, that's why it is 8% and not 10%, but it sounds like PSU needed to be purchased separately, so that's an unanticipated added cost that I might have to pay upfront and will be taking out of the 20% share I was planning to partially use to pay for hosting.
    Pages: « 1 [2]  All
      Print  

Jump to: