Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb trying to mine alt currencies  (Read 1336 times)
Maxon (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:16:35 PM

So far I don't think its worthless, I mined a few SRC coins overnight, Now I need to figure out the best place to move these to, Im looking towards Cryptsy or bter, does anyone have a recommendation or a better suggestion for SRC?

Thanks
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lfk1

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:22:24 PM

I think both of them are pretty good, although in my experience I have gotten slightly more on bter for selling of my altcoins to btc. It cant hurt to check both to see which will be the most beneficial to your endeavor. As far as which is best to mine, I always check coinwarz and see which is highest constantly and mine that.

Creatrix

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:58:29 PM

Mining is headache. In most cases it would much easier to invest some money into cryptocoins for long period (year or more).
Maxon (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:51:26 PM

Thanks I will Check out coinwarz and btre..

lfk1

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:53:16 PM

Mining can be challenging but the plus is  your constantly generating currency for yourself. It can be extremely cost effective once you make your money back after investing money on equipment. My mining setup is  7.5GH ASIC + 33GH ASIC along with a 1GH of video card power dedicated for scrypt mining. The ASIC miners are extremely easy to use and maximize. The video cards are a bit more involved to get them running stable. There is plenty of great information here in this forum that can reduce the "trial and error" stress involved in multi-card setups.
I found the experience enlightening and fun. I like to tinker with things.

I did get very lucky buying my 33GH second hand from ebay at a reduced price from the original before the extreme rise in currency. I made 85% of my total cost back within weeks. Timing is everything and I admit I got lucky.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:56:16 AM

Mining is headache. In most cases it would much easier to invest some money into cryptocoins for long period (year or more).

With the latest alt coin boom mining took a nice boost as well.
Marken

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:14:49 PM

One option is to mine IFC at coinex.pw. Yes, IFC is worth of nothing but easy for newbies.
And at coinex you can trade also, so at the same time you see how trading works.

Yes, use pools if you dont own crazy hardwares..
Maxon (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:56:38 PM

Thanks for all the great info guys,

This mining thing is kind of addictive..Grin

I'm still soloing it but I am going to be looking into pools today.

If I throw all of my machines into a pool will I have to pay a % of my share for each machine or is there another way?

Maxon (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:43:06 AM

So far Ive joined a Pool and have been mining TAG, Im making some TAG but when I was solo mining SRC I made more I gained 10 SRC in 24hrs but only 1.0 TAG so far in a pool, so now Im wondering if I should  find a SRC pool or stick with TAG?

I went with TAG because it is very promising and new so I figured it would be easier to mine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

spoon84

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:08:39 AM

Hi all, newbie here,

Im looking for some easy alt coins to mine using my GPU and using coinwarz as a guide. But I dont really understand what all the graphs mean. Is the coin at the top of the list the most profitable given that its ordered by days it takes to make the equivalent of one BTC?  Should I look at something with a low difficulty with high block reward and decent exchange rate?

If someone can clarify the best means of interpreting all the data it would be appreciated.

Cheers
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:22:40 PM

Hi all, newbie here,

Im looking for some easy alt coins to mine using my GPU and using coinwarz as a guide.

You may want to try coinchoose.com. Easier to read what's more profitable
letta

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

I'm also a noob just getting in to alt coin mining, after trying out bitcoin mining about 7 months ago. I have an nVidia card, so my hash rate is limited. Bitcoin obviously didn't work, but with altcoins i'm having some success. I'm seeing a lot of coins pop in to existence lately - but how often do they pop out of existence? Speculation seems to be literally driving the market, and there's so many competing opinions. It seems everyone's guessing - so I've been trying to do the same. Currently looking at megacoin, stablecoin and worldcoin. even LTC is too hard to mine now unless you have a pretty serious setup.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:03:20 PM

I'm also a noob just getting in to alt coin mining, after trying out bitcoin mining about 7 months ago. I have an nVidia card, so my hash rate is limited. Bitcoin obviously didn't work, but with altcoins i'm having some success. I'm seeing a lot of coins pop in to existence lately - but how often do they pop out of existence? Speculation seems to be literally driving the market, and there's so many competing opinions. It seems everyone's guessing - so I've been trying to do the same. Currently looking at megacoin, stablecoin and worldcoin. even LTC is too hard to mine now unless you have a pretty serious setup.

Actually there is no previous case similar to the recent alt coin boom. It's the first time that the alt coin market exploded so we don't know if it will collapse, stay level or explode again.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: