Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU MINING- NEED HELP  (Read 112 times)
Ansari Mohamed (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:58:02 PM

We know that every coin has an algorithm, my question is does any GPU can mine any coin or GPU are algorithm specific ?.

I am specifically looking for Nvidia GTX 1070, 1060 supporting coins to start mining.

Please suggest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:02:28 PM

You need to put this into the altcoin section, this is for bitcoin only.

That being said, GPUs are not tied to a single algo, there are hundreds that GPUs can run. You can find more information in the section you should be posting in.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:56:04 AM

Miner machine that can mine just one algorithm called as ASICs Miner (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit). GPUs more flexible on algorithm picking, and also every GPU (Brands, Model, etc.) has different characteristics, and each has owned algorithm compatibility. So, if you plan to use NVIDIA cards (GTX 1070, 1060), you should find which algorithm the best for your cards.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:58:24 AM

We know that every coin has an algorithm, my question is does any GPU can mine any coin or GPU are algorithm specific ?.

I am specifically looking for Nvidia GTX 1070, 1060 supporting coins to start mining.

Please suggest

Go to what-to-mine and put in your GPUs and power costs and it will tell you how much you will make mining which coin.

If you are very lazy or it's too complicated then just download the Nicehash software and it will do it all for you and pay you directly in BTC.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:11:14 AM

-snip-

Go to what-to-mine and put in your GPUs and power costs and it will tell you how much you will make mining which coin.

If you are very lazy or it's too complicated then just download the Nicehash software and it will do it all for you and pay you directly in BTC.

Aha, I always like bolded part. That proves many lazy's miners around us.

Actually, Nicehash were a Hashrate marketplace, while using Nicehash we were rent-out our Hashrate to other miners. That isn't mining at all.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:22:01 AM

This can be a very good option for beginners, but the downside is that Nicehash has a minimum minimum threshold for their payouts. You would have to wait some time (depending on your hardware) for the BTC to be accumulated and sent to an address you control.

If you don't want to wait, as others said, you simply go to https://whattomine.com/  or https://www.crypto-coinz.net/crypto-calculator/ or https://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency or some other similar online service.

You enter your GPU model or the hash-rate of your GPU for the selected algorithms, and you have a clear picture what to mine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: