Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:29:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $ 1.000  (Read 3348 times)
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:25:33 PM

thats not a poster, just a screenshot.
  Any creative designers here?

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:28:31 PM

Uncork the bottles! Happy $ 1.000 to everyone!  Cheesy

EDIT: to be precise: $ 1.020 on MtGox at 15.53 European Central Time
And no massive dumps……..yet!        phew!! Lips sealed

Any chance this might be bull trap?
I dont like how fast the price increases  Smiley
olloman (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:40:49 PM

thats not a poster, just a screenshot.
  Any creative designers here?

If I were a creative designer, I would make a poster with a guy with an asiatic look that just reached the top of a mountain, whose silhouette is the price chart of the past days, and places a flag with the $ 1.000 logo on it. The Whole scene should be at dawn, with the sun (and you should be able to see the BTC logo in the sun's circle) rising at the horizon, but the stars still visible in the sky, and close to every star there should be a future $ amount like 10k, 100k, 1m and so on...unluckily I'm not a creative designer, but I hope my idea will inspire someone  Wink

Btw I'm fine with the thread being moved to the speculation forum (it is my favourite sub forum), but 1k is actual truth now, no longer speculation  Grin
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:56:39 PM

thank you for putting this up i was supper pissed i missed the 1,000.00 pick. you rock thank you so much!!!
zachcope

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

Are you talking about $1.000 / mBIT?

$1.0000 = $1

I've seen this error a few times around here.
A . is a decimal point.
A , can be used to make big numbers easier.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:21:39 PM

next big step 10K
olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

$1.0000 = $1

A . is a decimal point.

if we consider the anglo-saxon numerical codification, you are right. I come from a latin European country, and our standard codification for numbers is the comma (,) for decimals and the point (.) for thousands, millions, etc. so that's why I'm actually wrong in an international environment.

By the way I'm pretty sure that, according to the International System and in the accademical world, we should use the point for decimals, and don't use anything for thousands, millions etc., so to be completely right we should write 1000 if we mean a thousand  Grin
zachcope

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

$1.0000 = $1

A . is a decimal point.

if we consider the anglo-saxon numerical codification, you are right. I come from a latin European country, and our standard codification for numbers is the comma (,) for decimals and the point (.) for thousands, millions, etc. so that's why I'm actually wrong in an international environment.
Noted. Probably part of the reason Southern Europe is so shit at managing their finances if they don't know where the decimal point should go!

By the way I'm pretty sure that, according to the International System and in the accademical world, we should use the point for decimals, and don't use anything for thousands, millions etc., so to be completely right we should write 1000 if we mean a thousand  Grin
Agreed fully. I don't usually use commas myself. We are in the truly globalised information and monetary world now and commas in numbers are an unnecessary affectation!

olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:43:25 PM

$1.0000 = $1

A . is a decimal point.

Noted. Probably part of the reason Southern Europe is so shit at managing their finances if they don't know where the decimal point should go!

Agreed fully. I don't usually use commas myself. We are in the truly globalised information and monetary world now and commas in numbers are an unnecessary affectation!

well, if we want to be precise, we should note that the financial crysis originated from two anglo-saxon countries, from USA globally and from Germany's unfair economical procedures in the european area, but I see your statement in a provocatory/joke way and I'm smiling behind the keyboard  Cheesy note that I don't want to start any kind of war, mine also was a provocation, I have relatives and I have lived in the USA, and now I live in Germany and I totally love both places and the people of both countries, southern countries mainly have to learn from them  Wink

By the way, I agree that commas are usually unnecessary, but when the numbers start to get bigger than a billion, they might be useful, expecially when the digits aren't just zeroes  Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:45:51 PM

If Gox hit $1000, who cares?

What matters is the other exchanges that actually allow one to withdraw fiat internationally do.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 05:47:04 PM

$1.0000 = $1

A . is a decimal point.

I like to use apostrophes since it is nice not to have to count zeros. Like 1'000'000 = 1 million

olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:52:25 PM

If Gox hit $1000, who cares?

What matters is the other exchanges that actually allow one to withdraw fiat internationally do.

Come on, it was just symbolical, after all nothing is really worth celebrating, if we don't find a reason to do so  Wink
anyway on btc.de now the price is around 715 euros, which is almost close to 1k, and for my personal experience I guarantee that that site works, since the money payments are transfers directly between the seller and the buyer  Cheesy

edit: actually btc.de is only for europe...is the international situation really this bad? isn't there any site with working withdrawals?
zachcope

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:07:23 PM

$1.0000 = $1

A . is a decimal point.

well, if we want to be precise, we should note that the financial crysis originated from two anglo-saxon countries, from USA globally and from Germany's unfair economical procedures in the european area, but I see your statement in a provocatory/joke way and I'm smiling behind the keyboard  Cheesy note that I don't want to start any kind of war, mine also was a provocation, I have relatives and I have lived in the USA, and now I live in Germany and I totally love both places and the people of both countries, southern countries mainly have to learn from them  Wink

By the way, I agree that commas are usually unnecessary, but when the numbers start to get bigger than a billion, they might be useful, expecially when the digits aren't just zeroes  Smiley
Good natured bitcoin banter noted!
There are only two nationalities now - Bitcoiners and Fiatsters fellow citizen!

XBBlade

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:14:25 PM

Hazzar, we done it! now lets make it £1000 for us brits  Cheesy

Or € 1.000 for us Europeans ^^

was about to write the same thing, damned 360 secs block for newbies  Grin

Hahaha yeah that's pretty annoying. But hang on it will end soon. And if you got nothing to do in the meantime: I got a blog for noobies ^^ Just to get you familiar with and to earn some coins for free: http://bitcoinpro.wordpress.com/free-bitcoins/
olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:38:53 PM

$1.0000 = $1

A . is a decimal point.

Good natured bitcoin banter noted!
There are only two nationalities now - Bitcoiners and Fiatsters fellow citizen!

yeah!!! let's hope that more and more Fiatsters come to our side Cheesy

Hazzar, we done it! now lets make it £1000 for us brits  Cheesy

Or € 1.000 for us Europeans ^^

was about to write the same thing, damned 360 secs block for newbies  Grin

Hahaha yeah that's pretty annoying. But hang on it will end soon. And if you got nothing to do in the meantime: I got a blog for noobies ^^ Just to get you familiar with and to earn some coins for free: http://bitcoinpro.wordpress.com/free-bitcoins/

thanks, I'll take a look ^^
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:06:55 PM

I think its funny when I watch someone try to manipulate the market and buy a bunch slowly and then try to sell them all at once, Just like the just did 450 coin wall at 1000. So glad ppl cant short bitcoin! Buy slow, Sell fast! You just going to lose your money!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:17:00 PM

I think its funny when I watch someone try to manipulate the market and buy a bunch slowly and then try to sell them all at once, Just like the just did 450 coin wall at 1000. So glad ppl cant short bitcoin! Buy slow, Sell fast! You just going to lose your money!

I didn't really understand what you mean and I can't really see what it has to do with the topic, but I personally am not into speculation, I buy when I can and hope someday btcs will be widely used as currency...also because with my minimal amount of btcs I wouldn't gain enough money to justify the risk of speculating, I probably would only when satoshis are like cents and µBtcs standard unit like 1$...sooo probably never Cheesy
donbu7

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:34:41 PM

Is going down, it may collapse i down to $965 I am afraid it can drop all the way to $20 dollars or to zero
XBBlade

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:21:44 PM

Is going down, it may collapse i down to $965 I am afraid it can drop all the way to $20 dollars or to zero

Please collapse to $20, then I can jump on this train big time ^^
donbu7

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 12:22:45 AM

Is going down is falling like a stone down to 880.... I think is the big crash
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: