Bitcoin Forum
October 15, 2018, 01:49:49 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adventures in failure  (Read 366 times)
HollowIP

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

I got into BTC about a half a year ago. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't want to spend my own money on it. (1st foolish mistake)

I found numerous ways to make free btc however. First, dust collecting, then gradually started finding better ways to get my free BTC.

Over the course of about 4 months, I collected and won approximately 7 or 8 btc in total.
I also started getting into alt coins, flipping them for extra BTC. I was around when anoncoin first launched and had a major hunch that they would be worth something someday. I had about 100+ anoncoins collected for free as well.

About 2 months ago, however, I was leaving the state for job training in welding and wasn't going to have internet access. I needed the extra cash so i cashed out ALL of my btc and anoncoins, giving me about $700 dollars. (2nd foolish mistake)

Now, home for the holidays, I log onto the computer and notice that the BTC price is upwards of $900 and anoncoins are worth about 0.003 btc.

I cashed out approximately $7500 worth of coin for a measly $700. Sad

To think, checking the computer everyday for a couple months was worth half a years salary (on a min wage job)

BTC is fucking crazy, and I really, really, really wish I would've kept my coins. Live and learn I suppose.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PrintMule

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:59:12 PM

You should've left a quarter of your btc untouched, would not seem like a big deal then, and would sooth your frustration now, I guess. You can't have it all. Who knows, If you'd had your internet access then, maybe you'd sell them halfway there, for 3000$ and not 7000$, etc.

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
.Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time.

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
.YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &.
.QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS.

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

HollowIP

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:00:48 PM

You should've left a quarter of your btc untouched, would not seem like a big deal then, and would sooth your frustration now, I guess. You can't have it all. Who knows, If you'd had your internet access then, maybe you'd sell them halfway there, for 3000$ and not 7000$, etc.

Truth, truth. The frustration really is just because I got rid of ALL my stash. Who knows, maybe BTC will rise to $10,000 and make it all okay. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.