Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:20:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi: The first anonymous USD Billionair  (Read 4755 times)
Cubic Earth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:02:57 PM

The dude could have be holed up in his parents basement, wearing dirty underwear and popping pills.  Truly amazing they have managed to amass so much wealth and their identity remains not publicly known.  That fact alone is a testament to the power of Bitcoin and an example of one of the many ways in which it is going to change the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:11:13 PM

The dude could have be holed up in his parents basement, wearing dirty underwear and popping pills.  Truly amazing they have managed to amass so much wealth and their identity remains not publicly known.  That fact alone is a testament to the power of Bitcoin and an example of one of the many ways in which it is going to change the world.

You know , this doesn't sound too good , or even funny considering we're talking about a guy who did all this with good intention.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
BitcoinNews.io

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:12:06 PM

i'm thinking his bitcoins will never get used. if it was done for ideological reasons.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:13:25 PM

what's the point in having them then? as i've been saying.. i would just donate them to charities or causes that i believe in. hell, bitcoin might even become a big thing during the next election cycle. if satoshi is a libertarian, he could donate to a ron paul or whoever.

it's certainly better than letting your btc accumulate.
pishish

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:28:03 PM

what's the point in having them then? as i've been saying.. i would just donate them to charities or causes that i believe in. hell, bitcoin might even become a big thing during the next election cycle. if satoshi is a libertarian, he could donate to a ron paul or whoever.

it's certainly better than letting your btc accumulate.

Yeah, I'm a charity case too.  Cheesy

Hey Satoshi, Can I have 1 BTC? You have so many...

But seriously, kicking myself for not getting into this in 2010....
Cubic Earth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:29:22 PM

You know , this doesn't sound too good , or even funny considering we're talking about a guy who did all this with good intention.

I hope no one takes offense to that.  I don't want to disparage Satoshi in any way, he is a genius and thus far conducted himself with total integrity.  My point is that he could be anyone, and it's okay for him to be anyone.  Bitcoin can remove the need for some types of judgements of character which have have until now been either necessary or just unavoidable.  If Satoshi did resemble the character I described, I wouldn't think any less of him.  Maybe the 'popping pills' part was a little over the top; whoever they are it's pretty clear they have, or at least had, all of their mental faculties in top working order.  That doesn't mean they don't use and enjoy mind altering substances regularly, but I would be surprised if they really let themselves go.
MikeCorleone

Activity: 391

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:45:50 PM

The real "satoshi"
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:49:14 PM

I hope no one takes offense to that.  I don't want to disparage Satoshi in any way
Dont stress.  We all laughed.  Noithor is a weirdo who makes strange comments in all my threads too.  

Sense of humor is missing for some people.  Nobody took offense.  It was funny.  Im sure Satoshi even laughed a little.

How will Satoshi ever cash out if he ultimately has to tie to a bank account?  

I suppose he'll just start spending, but even then, he's got to ship his shit somewhere right?

Should be interesting ... hope he has a plan in place to stay anonymous.

Im sure he does.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 07:16:58 PM

I hope no one takes offense to that.  I don't want to disparage Satoshi in any way
Dont stress.  We all laughed.  Noithor is a weirdo who makes strange comments in all my threads too.  

Sense of humor is missing for some people.  Nobody took offense.  It was funny.  Im sure Satoshi even laughed a little.

How will Satoshi ever cash out if he ultimately has to tie to a bank account?  

I suppose he'll just start spending, but even then, he's got to ship his shit somewhere right?

Should be interesting ... hope he has a plan in place to stay anonymous.

Im sure he does.
Some people are just weird. That was a funny statement about satoshi.
Anyhow, he can send some of the coins to mixers and mixers until it just becomes untraceable, and he's good to go.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

if he has over a billion dollars worth ,i wonder what his exit strategy is
how do you cash a billion dollars worth of btc ?
manuel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:47:18 PM

How does anybody know how many bitcoins he has (or had)?
Cubic Earth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:56:00 PM

if he has over a billion dollars worth ,i wonder what his exit strategy is
how do you cash a billion dollars worth of btc ?

I think it is pretty obvious that Satoshi neither has nor wants an exit strategy.  He is not going to cash out.  What is an open question though, is what will he do if bitcoin grows to its full potential and becomes the entrenched global reserve currency.  Controlling 5% of the global reserve currency is better thought of in terms of power, rather than 'wealth', at least to the extent that those are separable concepts.  Will he chose to exercise the power and influence afford to him?  Or will his coins remain unmoved, and Satoshi unknown.  One thing he could do is provably destroy all his coins.  That would be a 5% - 20% gift (depending on the true coin supply) to every holder of BTC in a perfectly proportional manner.

Maybe the wealth haunts him.  He has done his service to humanity.  He could have the millions of dollars and a few already-mixed BTC to provide for his basic needs in life.  I bet if you were to ask around these forums, you would find many people troubled by their new-found wealth.  Not that they don't deserve it, or anything like that, but it can be isolating.  Especially if your friends, family, and community are not wealthy.  It would be quite difficult to be a multimillionaire and with paycheck to paycheck friends and not have that dynamic put some strange strains on normal social interactions.  

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:20:35 PM

Satoshi uses his funds to turn himself into Superman, then goes back in time to found the Illuminati.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:40:19 PM

Satoshi uses his funds to turn himself into Superman, then goes back in time to found the Illuminati.

more like tony stark. and he uses his exo suit to fight bad mutant politicians and banksters.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:18:36 PM

more like tony stark. and he uses his exo suit to fight bad mutant politicians and banksters.

If bitcoin becomes "the" global currency, wouldn't that make Satoshi himself the ultimate bankster?
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:30:41 PM

If bitcoin becomes "the" global currency, wouldn't that make Satoshi himself the ultimate bankster?

Satoshi the trillionare?

Tis a strange thought isnt it, if 1 Bitcoin ever became worth an insane amount and FIAT was not in hyper-inflation, $100,000 or up, all those holding a large amount of coins would be insanely wealthy, wealthier than all the big oil barons and steel company billionares of the world.

I can't really imagine that happening though, mind you some said the idea of $1000 per coin is utter madness when they were worth just $1 each...

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:00:54 AM

Satoshi is prob the owner of mtgox!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674