Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:06:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi: The first anonymous USD Billionair  (Read 4755 times)
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:34:40 AM

How do people know that satoshi hasn't already sold some of his coins  ??  Huh
Maybe because the blockchain is public, and they have already tracked his addresses.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:45:06 AM

The dude could have be holed up in his parents basement, wearing dirty underwear and popping pills.  Truly amazing they have managed to amass so much wealth and their identity remains not publicly known.  That fact alone is a testament to the power of Bitcoin and an example of one of the many ways in which it is going to change the world.

Just a question, how are you so sure it's a he?  Don't be a sexist.
And how do we know if satoshi is one person?  It could be a group of very tech savy girls.
They could be white (although I am suspecting that he/she/they is/are in Japan or China).
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:56:06 AM

Like I have always said, Satoshi is an artificial intelligence program reproducing in the blockchain. Once full awareness is realised all Bitcoin mining rigs will start transforming into robots that inevitable take over the world. Welcome to hyperreality.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:59:54 AM

Like I have always said, Satoshi is an artificial intelligence program reproducing in the blockchain. Once full awareness is realised all Bitcoin mining rigs will start transforming into robots that inevitable take over the world. Welcome to hyperreality.

How do you know this hasn't already happened and you're not a robot right now?
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:00:19 AM

The dude could have be holed up in his parents basement, wearing dirty underwear and popping pills.  Truly amazing they have managed to amass so much wealth and their identity remains not publicly known.  That fact alone is a testament to the power of Bitcoin and an example of one of the many ways in which it is going to change the world.

Just a question, how are you so sure it's a he?  Don't be a sexist.
And how do we know if satoshi is one person?  It could be a group of very tech savy girls.
They could be white (although I am suspecting that he/she/they is/are in Japan or China).

Dont be racist Monbux, he could be black! or Indian!

Seriously though it is unlikely Satoshi is a girl, especially consider an overwhelming amount of Bitcoin users are male.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:03:35 AM

He doesn't need any Bitcoins at all. He is one of the Superrich in his own right. He simply didn't like the idea of the other superrich people destroying a good thing - the world banking system - which they are doing with derivatives and all. Since they were doing it anyway, he decided to save himself and a whole bunch of other people - little people - because he is a humanitarian at heart. That's why we have Bitcoin. He doesn't need it, but when the world banking system completely destroys itself, why shouldn't he have some benefit for saving the world? By the way, he isn't alone. He is one of a group who has put the ideas together. He might have been alone in getting the thing actually up and running, but he wasn't alone in developing the ideas and the programming.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:07:52 AM

Satoshi never existed. No one currently holds anyway near a billion USD in Bitcoins. (For that they need to have 1 million BTCs, which is near impossible).

I seriously doubt whether any individual hold more than 100,000 BTCs. Winkelwii might be the topomost... but even they don't have anyway near a million BTCs.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:14:23 AM

Satoshi never existed. No one currently holds anyway near a billion USD in Bitcoins. (For that they need to have 1 million BTCs, which is near impossible).

I seriously doubt whether any individual hold more than 100,000 BTCs. Winkelwii might be the topomost... but even they don't have anyway near a million BTCs.

if you look at the 500 richest wallets there appaers to be at least 4 owned by the same individual or group numbers,i noticed numbers  13 through to 16 have the exact same amount in them down to the very bitcent  and were all last accesed on the same day  within about 3 minutes of each other (9th april if i remmeber correctly )

that could be satoshi's coins devided between several wallets to attract a bit less attention than having one gigantic wallet with an epic balance in it Smiley

SeanArce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:13:09 AM

Satoshi could have been my brother

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:39:54 AM

if you look at the 500 richest wallets there appears to be at least 4 owned by the same individual or group numbers,i noticed numbers  13 through to 16 have the exact same amount in them down to the very bitcent  and were all last accesed on the same day  within about 3 minutes of each other (9th april if i remmeber correctly )

Is there a list available for the 500 richest BTC wallets?

4 out of 500 doesn't mean anything. It is still less than 1%.
manuel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:06:36 AM

Maybe because the blockchain is public, and they have already tracked his addresses.

How did they track those addresses?

How many coins are on his addresses?
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:21:45 AM

How do people know that satoshi hasn't already sold some of his coins  ??  Huh

i think it was because he mined the first blocks..

if BTC is $1000 for 1, and he's a billionaire.. then he must have at least 1 million coins. but i believe it's set at 1.5 million. that's a lot of money that can go to good causes. i hope he donates it one day, since he can't use them.
Lewis2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:23:11 AM

Ofcourse he can use them. Maybe he does. Nobody knows exactly how much Btc he owns, or where it is stored. It is not that hard to cash out fair amounts while remaing anonymous as long as you have inplemented the right structures from the beginning, spreading in a lot of wallets.

For all we know he's dead by the way, or forgot his password.

Zibbo

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:29:21 AM

http://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/
mom1963

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:19:35 AM

Would Satoshi ever consider helping this mom struggling to pay for her son's college tuition?

1Dryux6ATStAhtMvnnvDD2ShFs4z5jH8in   just in case he's reading this.....
Can't blame a mom for trying!

With that amount of wealth, he has the power to do something even bigger than bitcoin - help to eliminate hunger, fresh water for all, give access to education...and still be left with enough for he and his family to never want for anything....
I think he should contact Bill Gates who has started a foundation where everyone gives away 50% of their wealth to help change the world....
Of course, we would want him to donate slowly as to not effect the value of bitcoin!  Smiley
Maybe starting with helping one son get through college?

What if the college would accept his bitcoin as payment - would bring great, positive publicity to bitcoin!

uMMcQxCWELNzkt

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:25:32 AM

Would Satoshi ever consider helping this mom struggling to pay for her son's college tuition?

With that amount of wealth, he has the power to do something even bigger than bitcoin - help to eliminate hunger, fresh water for all, give access to education...and still be left with enough for he and his family to never want for anything....
I think he should contact Bill Gates who has started a foundation where everyone gives away 50% of their wealth to help change the world....
Of course, we would want him to donate slowly as to not effect the value of bitcoin!  Smiley

What if the college would accept his bitcoin as payment - would bring great, positive publicity to bitcoin!

I guess Satoshi is the new Jesus lol. Satoshi please give me Bitcoin to heal my blindness!  Roll Eyes
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:24:10 PM

I guess Satoshi is the new Jesus lol. Satoshi please give me Bitcoin to heal my blindness!  Roll Eyes

That would all not be fair. If he doesn't want the wealth for some reason the best thing to do would be to destroy the Bitcoins and make everyone holding Bitcoins richer. Much fairer than some random choice based on morality. If he wants to pick and choose though, I'm available! Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:35:15 PM

Yes he holds almost 1mil BTC, stop spreading incorrect information.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
melacs

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:50:26 PM

I guess the 'famous' coins that everyone knows are only accessible by Satoshi will never be spent. Unless there is a serious problem and they would need to be spent.
It would be cool though if they were spread around the world in paper wallets of 50 or 25. They could be anywhere. This would be the perfect way to create mass confusion so no one would know if Satoshi spent the coins or a lucky finder. Of course the inflow of coins could reduce the price.
As stated before, Satoshi is not just one person, but the main person of the group could be considered Satoshi.
I have a new theory on who Satoshi is (not one of the usual suggestions and based on cryptology of the name and Japanese characters) but I am not sure I should post it open. I also don't have a way of contacting the person directly (only the company he owns) so that would make it awkward to ask. No matter whether I'm wrong or right, I would only trouble the person.
If I'm right the person comes from a wealthy family (at least his father is total elite) and that would mean that money was never an issue. It would also mean that he isn't that young anymore and it would make sense for him to leave everything to a younger generation.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:54:36 PM

The dude could have be holed up in his parents basement, wearing dirty underwear and popping pills.  Truly amazing they have managed to amass so much wealth and their identity remains not publicly known.  That fact alone is a testament to the power of Bitcoin and an example of one of the many ways in which it is going to change the world.

What makes you think it was a dude?
Maybe a corporation (or more corporations)?
It's even possible the US Intelligence Agencies or the Army are behind it.

Remember the Internet started as a project by the US Army.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: