Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free directories for listing a new business that accepts bitcoins?  (Read 904 times)
manuel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:24:53 PM

Can you list any if you know of them?

I figure that now there is a lot more bitcoin wealth out there than there is stuff to buy with it.  How can one promote a new business that accepts bitcoin, or an old business that has just started excepting them for that matter, for little or free?

I guess I could be wrong but with bitcoins having skyrocketed in value by 1,000% or more inside of a year I bet there are some newly minted Bitcoin millionaires that would like to buy some stuff that just isn't available yet.

Of course they can always trade back to fiat but after investigating and playing with the exchanges for a few days I'm really surprised what a bunch of bullshit that can be.  Crappy websites, ID requirements, holding your money indefinitely scams, etc. 

Much better to be able to spend directly.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:26:12 PM

Can you list any if you know of them?

I figure that now there is a lot more bitcoin wealth out there than there is stuff to buy with it.  How can one promote a new business that accepts bitcoin, or an old business that has just started excepting them for that matter, for little or free?

I guess I could be wrong but with bitcoins having skyrocketed in value by 1,000% or more inside of a year I bet there are some newly minted Bitcoin millionaires that would like to buy some stuff that just isn't available yet.

Of course they can always trade back to fiat but after investigating and playing with the exchanges for a few days I'm really surprised what a bunch of bullshit that can be.  Crappy websites, ID requirements, holding your money indefinitely scams, etc. 

Much better to be able to spend directly.

Bitpay runs a nice catalog with businesses that accept bitcoins through their service.
manuel (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:36:42 PM

Bitpay runs a nice catalog with businesses that accept bitcoins through their service.

Cool thanks, any others?  I found a couple on google but they looked pretty cheesy.

(A)social

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 06:55:33 PM

This?
http://coinmap.org/

BTC: 1ASociaLbBZzBUR8hSw8CryajncADsR1m6 - Bitmessage: BM-orfFdAgAmtnBokTivq3vj1RtSVtXbrftM
OpenBazaar Store: https://openbazaar.com/store/QmeCThm8d5zcat7BjGw4SQeovaC5diF9s4b2yTSHWdpzmb
michiganmushrooms

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:22:00 PM

Bitcoin black friday has a a huge list. I would love to hear if there are any more lists out there. Incidently, my company: Michigan Mushrooms is accepting them! Wink
manuel (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:33:11 PM

Bitcoin black friday has a a huge list. I would love to hear if there are any more lists out there. Incidently, my company: Michigan Mushrooms is accepting them! Wink

Thanks for the tip.  I too was hoping I'd find more.   Huh
hieroglyph

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:12:01 PM

I also would like a more updated list if there is one to be had.  If anyone does have one or finds one please post it up so I we can check out all the deals offered, thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: