Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the BTC/LTC price changing so much  (Read 3752 times)
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:31:16 AM

LTC o' gonna crash hard soon..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:33:39 AM

Some people buying based on a weird belief that litecoin is cheap and bitcoin is expensive... I wonder what will happen when litecoin becomes expensive as well  Shocked
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:37:21 AM

Some people buying based on a weird belief that litecoin is cheap and bitcoin is expensive... I wonder what will happen when litecoin becomes expensive as well  Shocked

Some of us will get rich.   Grin

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
mskryxz

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:40:27 AM

I ended up converting my litecoins that I've mined for free (minus electricity) and converted them to 5 BTC today.

I still have 130 lite coins left for "just in case" it makes it big..

but the thing is, if bitcoin dies, then all the other coins die.

however, if lite coin dies, bitcoin can still continue. does that make sense? so that was my decision in converting LTC into BTC, while it was at $39 per ltc.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:04:36 AM

Well  Smiley it seems, that Max Kaiser was right all along. LTC will be soon worth 50 dollars. Congrats to its holders.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:39:01 AM

Obviously but i 'm asking if there is a 3rd coin that people will move to after litecoin.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:52:43 AM

Obviously but i 'm asking if there is a 3rd coin that people will move to after litecoin.

NMC, XPM, NVC, TRC, PPC, ...and 100 others.

Take your pick.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:40:13 AM

Take your pick.

I 'm asking if there is an obvious pick like litecoin was. No alt coin seems to stand out at the moment.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:44:11 AM

Take your pick.

I 'm asking if there is an obvious pick like litecoin was. No alt coin seems to stand out at the moment.

If LTC was obvious, why don't you have more?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:00:48 AM

anyone have any idea why btc is dropping so much in relation to LTC, its practically double in the last 24hrs...??

edit: as in is there a specific reason that you can think of, no just "well people want ltc more"

LiteCoin gives late comers the illusion of being early adopters. Now that Litecoin isn't available for pennies any more, we should expect yet another blockchain filling that need.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:01:13 AM

Some people buying based on a weird belief that litecoin is cheap and bitcoin is expensive... I wonder what will happen when litecoin becomes expensive as well  Shocked

Some of us will get rich.   Grin

Take your pick.

If LTC was obvious, why don't you have more?

More than what? More than i can afford? Your question doesn't even make sense  Roll Eyes
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:19:48 AM

Some people buying based on a weird belief that litecoin is cheap and bitcoin is expensive... I wonder what will happen when litecoin becomes expensive as well  Shocked

Some of us will get rich.   Grin

I went off blockchain for my 3rd crypto-currency.  My choices from my first month in the space have been:

Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ripple.  

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:23:41 AM

Take your pick.

Take a look at NMC, which has a lot of potential IMHO (because it offers really distinct uses).  Also PPC is interesting, as PoS is technically different (much more different than LTC to BTC).  At least, that's my personal opinion, and I have some (small compared to BTC) holdings in LTC, NMC and PPC.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:21:40 AM

Take your pick.

Take a look at NMC, which has a lot of potential IMHO (because it offers really distinct uses).  Also PPC is interesting, as PoS is technically different (much more different than LTC to BTC).  At least, that's my personal opinion, and I have some (small compared to BTC) holdings in LTC, NMC and PPC.

Yes ppc and nmc bring something new to the table but i 'm considering primecoin as well
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:50:35 AM

I think altcoin's are very good for bitcoin ecosystem.
First, they allow to spam transactions like its no tomorrow. And it's faster and cheaper to do this with alts. As merchant I prefer to not spam bitcoin because don't want to grow it's blockchain too big too fast.
Second, some of you are wrong that if bitcoin die other cryptos will die too. Alt coins are here to allow experiments with new ideas and when governments will try to regulate bitcoin too much, we can spam them altcoin's to death and this will be too expensive for them to kill them all (like killing bitcoin alone would be easy).

Said that I don't think alts are competing with bitcoin, they are helping it grow and making it even stronger.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:14:51 PM

When LTC is in a frenzy, the trend almost reached its top, it clearly indicated that only speculators are supporting the price

PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:19:08 PM

When LTC is in a frenzy, the trend almost reached its top, it clearly indicated that only speculators are supporting the price

Supporting the price of what? LTC? Isn't that what people talk against bitcoin anyway? Don't be like them.
davider

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:23:10 PM

XPM is interesting because at least it is not a lazy carbon copy of litecoin.
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:30:53 PM

XPM is interesting because at least it is not a lazy carbon copy of litecoin.

Personally, I am putting the following top 3 in my book.

Bitcoin, Litecoin, then Primecoin.

These are the only coins which I only focus and mining. Not to forget Namecoin, but I think that is the 4th in my book.
thddx

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:57:18 PM

Of the people I've spoken to about BTC, they all feel they have missed the boat.  Everybody wants to realize the 'early adopter' gains, so they move to research alternatives.  It leads them to LTC where they easily buy in to its supposed advantages in hopes that they can get rich on minimal fiat.

I have a feeling it's going to end badly for these folks.  LTC might hit $100, but at that point I can see it stagnating and crashing.  This assumes LTC does not achieve vendor adoption.  If it does, perhaps it will have staying power.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: