Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Date issue with Primecoin HP client  (Read 746 times)
MadMao (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Hi guys,

I've built from source the last version of High Performance Primecoin miner and now I'm trying to use it on a VPS.

The trouble is that the program won't synchronize. Instead, block count stalls in a low number and I have this error: "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct! If your clock is wrong Primecoin will not work properly.". I checked the date and it is fine, the time is OK too, except for time zone differences. I'm not sure if this warning is stopping the client from syncing but in other machines when the client could not connect to the server I would get a error saying so.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks!

Mao
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadMao (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:49:22 PM

Just a heads up.

It said it was an issue with the time so it was a problem with... time!

I got a bit confused about timezones and stuff, but was able to understand the problem. The server was indeed late, about 7 hours. It's not possible to change a VPS time, so I had to talk with support.

If you have the same issue you can use "date +%s" command to check the seconds elapsed since the Epoch. After this you just have to execute the same command in another box and compare the result. If the difference is too big (more or less on the fourth more significant digit) you will have to adjust time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: