Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who MISSED the BOAT?  (Read 1951 times)
buggrock (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:38:30 AM

A lot of people feel like they missed the boat by missing the bubble.

I'd be happy to miss that boat anyday.

Why? Cause its a boat that will eventually sink. Who wants a ride on that.

A very few people will profit, but I  wouldnt intentionally invest in a parabolic bubble, too risky.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:42:53 AM

I missed it, I lost almost all of my BTC gambling right while it started to rise.
Sagiv

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:49:55 AM

I missed it, but am hoping to not miss the LTC boat.
irpirate

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:51:21 AM

Sounds a bit like the fable of the fox that couldn't reach the grapes Tongue
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:53:33 AM

I missed it, I lost almost all of my BTC gambling right while it started to rise.

This.  Lost a couple of bitcoins on just-dice, a couple of thousand, like $5000 at MT.GOX's price at the moment lol Sad
I remember bitcoins dropping all the way down to $50 once...
buggrock (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:01:50 AM

Dont start chasing the bubble, and panic buy, that whats going on right now.  Wait until all this buying panic stops. Might be in 1 week or 1 month. Just chill and dont pay any attention to it, cause it will drive you crazy.

Its better to gain nothing, then to lose alot.

This is all going to crumble down, collapsing and end very bad for alot of people who dont get out in time.

When people are panic buying, thats when you sell, and when people are panic selling, that's when you buy.

Wait until it crashes, and it will. Patience is the key my friend.
Speaker

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Veronica <333

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:03:58 AM

I had a few bitcoin on a laptop but never made a back up. I lost 4 thousand dollars (well since the price went up). I'll never be able to do cosplaying consistently now ;~;
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:07:40 AM

Dont start chasing the bubble, and panic buy, that whats going on right now.  Wait until all this buying panic stops. Might be in 1 week or 1 month. Just chill and dont pay any attention to it, cause it will drive you crazy.

Its better to gain nothing, then to lose alot.

This is all going to crumble down, collapsing and end very bad for alot of people who dont get out in time.

When people are panic buying, thats when you sell, and when people are panic selling, that's when you buy.

Wait until it crashes, and it will. Patience is the key my friend.

Do you have the bollocks to put your money where your mouth is?

klovishey

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:10:57 AM

Trading is always risky, many believed there will be correction under 800 two days ago. They mised this boat, but next boat might come to the port soon Wink
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:46:42 AM

I think I'm good on this. Invested when it was quite a bit lower but will invest more once the ship sinks!

Double down!

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:06:36 AM

I feel like I just got on the boat in time by a matter of days. I could've doubled the amount of coins I had for the same money if I'd been more organised but I reached the goal I wanted.

The cost per coin averages out at a level that I wouldn't sweat if it dropped by a few hundred. I've no idea what'll happen in the future. I don't think I could bring myself to buy any more coins at these prices or beyond. If it went back to 400-500 I would grab a few more.

It might be worth throwing some tiny amounts at other coins just in case it makes you a winner in the future.
Isara

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:16:17 AM

I feel like this thread is written for me.

Started moving my USDs around and setting up all the accounts. It's taken two weeks (newbie tax) and now my chosen alt, LTC, has skyrocketed. "Fortunately," the alts all seem to follow BTCs progress right now, so my BTC purchased at $950 (UGH) will probably have the same buying power for LTC or PPC when they correct. But it's still rather maddening to have wanted to buy a few LTCs when they were at $5, to see them at $40 today.

I still have a lot of faith in LTCs, especially since they're yet to be picked up by Coindesk and the main Chinese exchange, but I would like them to correct before they shoot up again.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:21:26 AM

I've definitely been learning a great deal. I was considering LTC at $6 and then got distracted. Ah well. I'm thinking PPC.

Probably the best decision I made was to use localbitcoins for most of my purchases rather than wait to get on an exchange. Even with the premium I paid about $250-300 for most of my coins. By the time I was deposited and verified on Bitstamp they cost $797.
dingrite

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:59:35 AM

Bitcoin is used as a go-between currency mostly. Though there are probably a few investors who dabble in playing this market.

Best bet is: (buy bitcoin - use multiple mixers - pay for service) or (receive bitcoin - use multiple mixers - withdraw)

It's pretty good for this purpose because of irreversible transactions.
It does raise a problem though, early adopters have too much wealth if they all start withdrawing cash the boat will instantly sink.

Perhaps someone will decide to do the right thing and recreate bitcoin to be more useful, no early adopter bias and no deflationary model to reward hoarding. That would be far more useful for what bitcoin is currently used for (go-between currency).
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:00:50 AM

still on the boat baby... still sailing
dotonate

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:49:48 AM

do you guys consider buying LTC now @$37 a bad idea? 
FallenKings

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:51:41 AM

I can't agree with you more.

A very few people will profit, but I  wouldnt intentionally invest in a parabolic bubble, too risky.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:51:59 AM

AFAICT people talking things like that since bitcoin was 10$ or something  Tongue Tongue
Just look where we are now  Tongue
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:52:47 AM

Wait for the boat to sink.
Ahen_coincepts

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:11:43 AM

I missed the first go around, but I have some skin in the game now.

I am really enjoying the ride with my ltc right now.

I wonder where the new equilibrium will be. Here's hoping it's higher yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: