Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are all your friends telling you to cash out, too?  (Read 8340 times)
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:31:47 PM

Mine wont shut up...

hahah... My Mom called me abroad when it hit 400 and beged me to sell half of my stash.. I told her that she was saying the same at 100 levels, so no bother anymore Smiley

In the end do what you have to do, not what you are expected to. Also sell only if you "need" fiat - works great for me Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:52:28 PM

I cannot celebrate with any-fucking-body except a few old timers from the bitcoin meetup. That is sad.
Yeah that's exactly how I am.  When i see the price go up, I want to call someone and get all excited.  Share my excitement.  But I have nobody to do that with.  So I have to come on this forum like a loser, by myself, and write posts about it LOL!   Not calling you losers.  Calling me a loser.  :-P  BUt yeah its frustrating having nobody to share this crazy crazy world event with.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:00:47 PM

Newbie here.
Congratulations to you all holding on. If the feeling that it's all about dumping your coins on a rise takes over the masses then it's just bubble, crash, bubble, crash and it would be difficult to take bitcoins seriously.
Are you going to spend some on something with a bitcoin pricetag though?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

I constantly snapchat my friends that hold a little bitcoin with the new prices... The reactions are really funny sometimes.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

I told em if I for go a couple doubling cycles to about 10k I can cash out my full investment in one minor sell, then allowing me to sell 5% of at the next doubling and there after. But then they are like what if it hits zero...followed by my retort of, I invested in this for a long term gain which will change my life if it comes through, if not I'll learn a lesson about valuations etc also..if your watching it grow develop, ebb and flow you start to see the markets direction as well as the people who are outside of it wishing they had made the decision ( my friends..atlest ) to buy. They missed out on my recommendation from 140-500, told em after 600 its a bit iffy due to the rate at which we got there.. following the 900-400 crash I told em that was the last time you'll probably see those price levels.. again.. comments like I'll buy when it crashes..followed with my response of get verified so you have cash sitting to buy when it does Cheesy two weeks later no moves by friends and hello 1000 ( which i pegged to be a june 2014 likely hood). The most bitter one is the guy who wanted ltc.. when it ranged from 2-10 Cheesy he's probably sad he didn't liquidate his mutual funds that barely beats inflation lol.

Proud Hodler, neither bull nor bear.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:09:22 PM

Newbie here.
Congratulations to you all holding on. If the feeling that it's all about dumping your coins on a rise takes over the masses then it's just bubble, crash, bubble, crash and it would be difficult to take bitcoins seriously.

I believe everyone has his price when to sell substantive part of his Bitcoins, and selling to get your investment back makes your remaining coins to be in very strong hands
EuroTrash

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:09:43 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 11:37:00 PM by EuroTrash

For now my preferences as a consumer are already influenced by acceptance of bitcoin by merchants, e.g. there is a takeaway order service which takes bitcoins for payment while another competing service (which has a larger selection of restaurants in my area) does not, and yet I prefer the former over the latter one.
The revolution in my spending habits will come when I'll be able to pay for rent and grocery with coins. Whichever supermarket chain adopts them first becomes my favourite. By then I will convert my whole salary in coins and just only keep a few grand € for all things I still cannot buy with coins.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 11:10:20 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 11:38:39 PM by Patel

I cannot celebrate with any-fucking-body except a few old timers from the bitcoin meetup. That is sad.
Yeah that's exactly how I am.  When i see the price go up, I want to call someone and get all excited.  Share my excitement.  But I have nobody to do that with.  So I have to come on this forum like a loser, by myself, and write posts about it LOL!   Not calling you losers.  Calling me a loser.  :-P  BUt yeah its frustrating having nobody to share this crazy crazy world event with.

I feel you man.

I have friends that are into Bitcoin, who only have like 2 bitcoins. I don't want to share my excitement because I have much more than them. I don't even want to tell anyone how many I have because they may treat me differently.

rich people problems  Roll Eyes lol
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:15:46 PM

who only have like 2 bitcoins.

You're either a despicable person, or you don't have a single clue about the result of 21,000,000 / (bitcoin_users_count) in a couple years.
Either way, you just don't have a clue about bitcoin.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 11:21:59 PM

You're either a despicable person, or you don't have a single clue about the result of 21,000,000 / (bitcoin_users_count) in a couple years.

suck a dick.

Even though I dont have to explain myself, some of my friends have been in bitcoin since 11 and 12, and they picked up like 20 dollars worth of coins at the time and forgot all about it. they never bought more. and I did. Plus 2 bitcoins only became expensive like a month ago..

And knowing you registered in april of this year after the first bubble, you have no right to say I don't have a clue about bitcoin.

even though my post may have came off as cocky, that wasn't my intention.
InYourFace

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:35:12 PM

Kouye, you are either an asshole or a dick, which is it?
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:49:21 PM

Bitcoin is not about getting rich.
It's about creating the first breach in the current dying FIAT system.
An alternative way to perceive wealth (notice... wealth, not IOU), combined with an almost-instant possibility of sharing, voting, crowdfunding, etc. at your own will, discretion.
I'm just sick looking at that "1000$" celebration, while being glad it'll probably help adoption.

I just don't like you for being happy because you feel richer than your friends. Bear with that, no big deal. Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
elebit

Activity: 441

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:59:04 PM

Did your friends invest in Bitcoin?

If they did not, it seems the best financial advice is to do the opposite of what they say!  Cheesy
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:17:32 AM

Ya my mom has been telling me since I told her about bitcoin at about 100. Obviously she doesn't get it along with almost everybody.  I will admit I have had small inklings to cash out a 5th of my holdings which would give me 3600% roi on my initial investment.....

GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:33:30 AM

Bitcoin is not about getting rich.
It's about creating the first breach in the current dying FIAT system.
An alternative way to perceive wealth (notice... wealth, not IOU), combined with an almost-instant possibility of sharing, voting, crowdfunding, etc. at your own will, discretion.
I'm just sick looking at that "1000$" celebration, while being glad it'll probably help adoption.

I just don't like you for being happy because you feel richer than your friends. Bear with that, no big deal. Smiley

If they didnt buy after i told them, i have 4 word! You can't fix stupid!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

AlexM

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:53:23 AM

I told my family. Either Bitcoin makes me a millionaire or it doesn't make me much. That said, I took out my initial investment last year, and plan to take out my tax free allowance this year, and next year. If Bitcoins gets to £1000, that will be nearly 11 coins down this year, but it will pay for a good holiday and a chunk of our mortgage. I sold less than 0.1BTC today at a price of £700 per BTC to help build my reputation on an  exchange and a relative who had begged me to cash in previously told me I was stupid as the price will surely get above £1000 soon. I just tune out other people's advice on Bitcoins. I am bullish but slightly cautious. I expect Bitcoins to reach £10,000 and £10 within the next decade, both are actually possible next year hence I shall take out my £10900 tax allowance this year and loose 10-20 coins.

Smiley 1KQdUW6gjbJrdWUuLfMvaLzceMVE2dniB9
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:17:33 AM

I told my family. Either Bitcoin makes me a millionaire or it doesn't make me much. That said, I took out my initial investment last year, and plan to take out my tax free allowance this year, and next year. If Bitcoins gets to £1000, that will be nearly 11 coins down this year, but it will pay for a good holiday and a chunk of our mortgage. I sold less than 0.1BTC today at a price of £700 per BTC to help build my reputation on an  exchange and a relative who had begged me to cash in previously told me I was stupid as the price will surely get above £1000 soon. I just tune out other people's advice on Bitcoins. I am bullish but slightly cautious. I expect Bitcoins to reach £10,000 and £10 within the next decade, both are actually possible next year hence I shall take out my £10900 tax allowance this year and loose 10-20 coins.

wise words

I like to see what I have left when bitcoin is zero, and make sure it is sufficient.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:34:27 AM

my uncle told me to cash out when BTC was $130, and now he's telling me to cash out.. but this is a "scam." he doesn't know anything about BTC and yet he's so certain that it's a scam.. because "anything that goes up that much is just a scheme to take your money."  Grin
bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:32:48 AM

A quick solution is to stop telling stupid people about your investments in Bitcoin Smiley. Actually what you do with your own money is nobody else's business.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:29:21 AM

There was panic when it reached 30 and 260 again and then at each 100 until 500, after that only silence. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: