Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:50:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello! - Getting verified with exchanges  (Read 374 times)
danox574

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:43:08 AM

I am new here but have been lurking and mining various types of coins for some time.  I have just been accumulating them as a hobby and I am not ready to sell, but seeing the market activity I decided to get signed up with an exchange that can handle various types of coins.

I am in the US and I have no need for an immediate transaction but I decided to go to BTC-e and get my account verified.  I looked at their deposit/withdrawal companies and wrote down the names of the lowest % and ended up going to a few of them - OKPay and PerfectMoney I think - and found out they don't accept US customers.  I knew that BTC-e would do wire transfer outbound with validation - so I went to the site looking for links and didn't find anything.  I couldn't find anything in the knowledge base.

I am not in a hurry, but I want to start preparing now to have a way for the purchase to actually happen.  How would one suggest I do it to minimize transaction fees?  What exchange do you recommend for simply putting in a sell order you intend to turn into cash and what payment method in the US is the most common/accepted at this time?

Thanks!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! With Bitcoin-Qt, it needs to be backed up at least as often as every 100 transactions (both sends and receipts) or new addresses.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meowmix4jo

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:53:06 AM

Coinbase and CampBX are probably the best to withdraw USD since they're US based. You'll have through jump through A LOT of hoops+fees to withdraw on foreign exchanges. Coinbase is 1%+a few cents iirc.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Hello You

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:59:38 AM

You're definitely in a better position selling rather than buying. I'm guessing outside the US Bitstamp is the most dependable exchange at the moment but a US option always has to be better.

Selling on localbitcoins would net you a premium and you can do it all online without involving anyone else. I guess it depends on how much convenience you wants. 

WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:09:30 AM

CoinBase and BTC-e are probably the best options if you want to withdraw back into a bank account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.