Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCJAM - Beware the MtGox Link  (Read 687 times)
suukool (OP)

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:19:13 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 03:18:49 AM by suukool

So I'm a recovering cancer patient seeking a job in web design. I'm trying to make some money with bitcoin but I made a HUGE mistake...
On BTCJam, the P2P BTC loaning site, I lent out all of my savings about 0.5 BTC. (I don't have alot of money to spare) but that's now worth 500$, but I'm only getting 350...because the price is linked to USD. Sad thing is that I can't cash out until the tenth  of December maybe...by then BTC might be worth 2000$...

Do you think BTC will correct after it hits 1000$? Or will it take off and I'm just screwed out of my funds I was too careless with?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:23:08 AM

You knew what you were agreeing to.  Unfortunately, it turns out it was a bad idea.

Trading your btc for a usd promise is like shorting, but worse due to the possibility of borrower default.  Would you short btc?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:24:15 AM

So I'm a recovering cancer patient seeking a job in web design. I'm trying to make some money with bitcoin but I made a HUGE mistake...
On BTCJam, the P2P BTC loaning site, I lent out all of my savings about 0.5 BTC. (I don't have alot of money to spare) but that's now worth 500$, but I'm only getting 350...because the price is linked to USD. Sad thing is that I can't cash out until the tenth  of December maybe...by then BTC might be worth 2000$...

Do you think BTC will correct after it hits 1000$? Or will it take off and I'm just screwed out of my funds I was too careless with...

I'm not begging, but if you do want to help out with a small donation to my pocket to help me, then god bless.
1BUcLeZ9zwncbBReg8DfcgXcSotvimPBdK

"Date Registered:   November 11, 2013, 09:07:13 AM"

Lulz@scam attempt.
suukool (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:32:49 AM

Do you think BTC will correct after it hits 1000$? Or will it take off and I'm just screwed out of my funds I was too careless with...

I'm not begging, but if you do want to help out with a small donation to my pocket to help me, then god bless.

Lulz@scam attempt.
How the fuck am I scamming someone? Really?
People like you piss me off. I'm not begging, I'm not scamming, Just putting my address out there like any other person. To have the audacity to say that to someone like me who had to go through the pain of being diagnosed and put through treatment, I survive in massive amounts of debt and you have the audacity to call me a scammer? Really? Fuck you.

I've been in bitcoin since it was 50$, I just never got into forums much, I decided it was finally a good idea to make an account. Dick.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:48:57 AM

On BTCJam, the P2P BTC loaning site, I lent out all of my savings about 0.5 BTC. (I don't have alot of money to spare) but that's now worth 500$, but I'm only getting 350...because the price is linked to USD. Sad thing is that I can't cash out until the tenth  of December maybe...by then BTC might be worth 2000$...

Lulz@scam attempt.
People like you piss me off. I'm not begging, I'm not scamming, Just putting my address out there like any other person. To have the audacity to say that to someone like me who had to go through the pain of being diagnosed and put through treatment, I survive in massive amounts of debt and you have the audacity to call me a scammer? Really? Fuck you.

I've been in bitcoin since it was 50$, I just never got into forums much, I decided it was finally a good idea to make an account. Dick.

You may not be directly begging, but you sure are hinting strongly that you want donations.  Maybe if you were just straight about it you would have better luck.  I believe it is this contradiction that makes it seem like a scam.

If your post adds anything besides complaining about your bad decisions, your admittedly unfortunate medical situation, and "not begging" but providing a donation address, then please point it out since I don't see it.  If there is something else there that I am missing, maybe we will have something to discuss.

Cancer sucks.  I've lost multiple friends and family to it.  I also know many people who have beat it.  Quit bitching and be thankful for every day you have.  If you can't escape the anger/negativity and focus on the positive, the cancer will win.  I seriously wish you the best.  You will have to struggle in ways most people will never understand, but with faith and courage you can beat this.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:03:36 AM

Lulz@scam attempt.

I've seen many posts like yours. If I actually believed you have cancer, I would not have called you a scammer.

You scammer  Tongue
suukool (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:04:19 AM

I got so distracted by the rant I forgot the main thing I really wanted to ask.
Do you think I should buy in now and let it wait a long time, or
try to risk not getting it at this price and getting it a lower price to makeup for the BTC I lost?
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:08:28 AM

try to risk not getting it at this price and getting it a lower price to makeup for the BTC I lost?

Nice red herring. You could answer your question by reading just about any thread in this section.
suukool (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:13:45 AM

Nice red herring. You could answer your question by reading just about any thread in this section.

What are you? Seriously? A high school senior that just learned English? Why do you have to throw an incorrectly applied fallacy. I said I don't use forums, I'm not used to using them.

Thank you notme, for not being so quick to judge.
I am blessed for everyday I have, it's just hard sometimes to see positives when you struggle with depression.
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.
I'll think of another way to pull donations without advertising it, or maybe just not advertise it all together.
Seems like it's too much trouble.
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:16:26 AM

What are you? Seriously? A high school senior that just learned English? Why do you have to throw an incorrectly applied fallacy. I said I don't use forums, I'm not used to using them.

Thank you notme, for not being so quick to judge.
I am blessed for everyday I have, it's just hard sometimes to see positives when you struggle with depression.
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.
I'll think of another way to pull donations without advertising it, or maybe just not advertise it all together.
Seems like it's too much trouble.

Cool story, bro. I've change my mind. I believe you now.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4458

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:26:04 AM

What are you? Seriously? A high school senior that just learned English?
No. He's a troll who pretends to be a European while many clues tend to point to him being American.

Many choose to ignore him. I prefer to use him as a source of humor.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:31:27 AM

my only advice, get a second job! Buy more bitcoin. If you believe in bitcoin you will work at gas station down the street at night to get extra money to buy bitcoin. You will walk door to door asking if you can mow yards or rake leafs. Ifs easy as hell to get fiat. If you believe in bitcoin you would spend every waking moment getting fiat to get into bitcoin. If you had cancer you could walk door to door selling candy bars for 2$ claiming to support your recovery fund. Sad thing is people dont wanna think out of the box. If you want something all you have to do is go get it. Its that easy. If your cancer prevents you from working. Drive store to store asking if you can put a cancer recovery fund can on their counter looking for donations. First thing go read "Think and Grow Rich"

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

suukool (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:25:32 AM

my only advice, get a second job! Buy more bitcoin. If you believe in bitcoin you will work at gas station down the street at night to get extra money to buy bitcoin. You will walk door to door asking if you can mow yards or rake leafs. Ifs easy as hell to get fiat. If you believe in bitcoin you would spend every waking moment getting fiat to get into bitcoin. If you had cancer you could walk door to door selling candy bars for 2$ claiming to support your recovery fund. Sad thing is people dont wanna think out of the box. If you want something all you have to do is go get it. Its that easy. If your cancer prevents you from working. Drive store to store asking if you can put a cancer recovery fund can on their counter looking for donations. First thing go read "Think and Grow Rich"

Thank you so much for your input, it's hard to really get the majority to grasp the concept of bitcoin right now, I talk it up to my close friends who all have made a few $ of of it. Smiley I'll go look for that book. Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: