Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarks first little Political Power struggle - comment and discuss.  (Read 1903 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:58:44 AM

I would like "Max" the Captain of the code ship to have sole hosting power on the website and forum -

for two primary reasons -

1. security
2. he currently is doing the coding and doing a fine job -  

^ if this ever changes - or Max goes dark Quark probably needs a new Dev .  

now.....

Flippro wants to "move our forum"

- 1 . he has been pushing hard to move the Forum to a new location

- 2. he claims the forum is "better designed"  (which is true but i don't care about "better designed")

But i do not want to give him hosting control anywhere its all about controlling the information - ( for the new people) but instead i'd rather Max do that  as he is the center of the community Code at the moment unless he (dumps all his Qrk and goes dark) at which point a fork is in order , until that time he is the Code Dev with the most to benefit ( i hope)  

i'm from a political perspective - i just gave Max the decision -  :

my point is this to Max:

• I don't want to have control - but i don't want anyone other than max to have hosting control either -
  • So I want to push hosting control to Max, if Max does not understand  politically ,  what is happening - that's fine he will still look after the code because its a community effort and he has a large interest in doing so -
  • We will then ignore the new Forum and I will send a bulk email to our people ( the numbers of investors)  and we will start a basic " Quark investors" forum which i will host ( or I will ask max to host )

I will then direct no more people to the "official" forum if its moved and only to our "investors forum"

i.e We will ignore this new forum  until we have a new website that Max the coder is hosting , and he has sole hosting rights on the forum if its on the website -

Summary

We are happy with the current forum - (it could have some basic little fixes )  (look around) ( its temporary until the Website gets up )

unless Max is the sole host I will ignore the "new" forum i will create my own "investors forum" if i have to - but I'd prefer Max hosted it , as per my policy .

*** i don't see this as disruption to Quark - as all i have to do is send bulk email and/or announce in a video our "investors forum" .

price will continue to trend higher -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:11:50 AM

Max invented this coin, his say should really pull some weight. I respect what Flipro is doing, maybe if he gave max control of the new website that would be a good comprimise.

J
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:38:24 AM

Max invented this coin, his say should really pull some weight. I respect what Flipro is doing, maybe if he gave max control of the new website that would be a good comprimise.

J

as long as only max controlled / hosted it yes !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:42:54 AM

Max wants to drop the "coin" also - i looked at some site we registered a few  - i'm happy to in full hand the keys over to Max-

Coin is stupid for Quark - you can call it a "coin" or "charm " or whatever but it has to stay just Quark < and references to "quarkcoin" need to be gone . 

we are building a different Crypto outside Bitcoin - this is the Second Cryptocurrency -

We are hunting for an awesome  Bootstrap dev -

Flip wants $2500  (in QRK)

^ so if anyone will do it for less  Post here -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:49:51 AM

Coin needs dropped I agree their.

Quark sounds much better than Quarkcoin and gives it another distinctness from bitcoin.

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:55:58 AM

Coin needs dropped I agree their.

Quark sounds much better than Quarkcoin and gives it another distinctness from bitcoin.

How do you feel about the forum ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
victzhang

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:35:53 AM

digitalindustry, I concur with you.

We should stick with the current forum. Now it is just the very early stage of Quark, we should not break up our community and confuse people. Currently Max should have sole hosting power on the official website and forum.
victzhang

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:41:31 AM

Max wants to drop the "coin" also - i looked at some site we registered a few  - i'm happy to in full hand the keys over to Max-

Coin is stupid for Quark - you can call it a "coin" or "charm " or whatever but it has to stay just Quark < and references to "quarkcoin" need to be gone . 

we are building a different Crypto outside Bitcoin - this is the Second Cryptocurrency -

Yes, I agree on the name change.
Other things we want to do are:
1. Large input transaction support. Basically we can create a series of small transactions, each of which has less than 128 inputs. We should not rely on user to only send small amounts. In my experience, some times even 10000 QRK doesn't work. This is really annoying.
2. Add a SSL encryption layer to all peer connections, like what Anoncoin did. Backwards compatibility should be kept.
3. Fix minor bugs, like the "copyright 20013" one, which makes the software look very unprofessional.
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:58:06 AM

everything   victzhang said  +1
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:07:00 AM

I'm not too happy about the title or intent of this thread.

These matters could have been easily handled in private without involving everyone's precious time.

In any case I shall respond...

I simply acted on the desires of public consensus when all of us talked about the discussion forum in Quark community needing a modern solution like Vanilla. I fronted the costs, secured the forum, and now have the site up @ http://quarktalk.com . QRK did not have a working forum until a few days ago, I am shocked that I am being accused of "political land grabbing", when the suggested solution (vanilla forums) is what's necessary for the integration of the website that Digital Industry has so ineloquently pitched to you all in this thread.

I never once said that Max was NOT going to be the administrator?

Initially I asked him if he was going to set up the hosting, and he instead went for the 5 minute free forums registration.. I understand his time is extremely limited, and that's why I chose to be a contributor, as I have done in the Bitcoin space each and every day for the last 4 years.  

Max seems to have taken up development now, and for that reason I give him the utmost respect, and want want to work with him to satisfy his best wishes and come up with the long term solutions that work for the Quark Coin community at large.

I am picky because I have experience and want things to work right as we scale and grow... I've explained to Max and Digital in private that exporting/importing  accounts & conversations later on from the provider they're currently using (closed source, managed, third party hosted) is going to be almost impossible to achieve.

I'm working on some really large scale projects right now, and anything that I am doing for QRK, I'm doing for the love of the community so drama is not in my path. Either we do things right technologically speaking or we don't do it at all... I'm here to build value, not to pump the price with cheap effortless tactics.  
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:26:40 AM

"and he has sole hosting rights on the forum if its on the website - "

Also I fundamentally disagree with you here.

The community should own the forum/website/content and all code should be open source.

Or are we turning into a corporation like Ripple now, with Max as CEO and you as President?

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:31:53 AM

Yes, I agree on the name change.
Other things we want to do are:
1. Large input transaction support. Basically we can create a series of small transactions, each of which has less than 128 inputs. We should not rely on user to only send small amounts. In my experience, some times even 10000 QRK doesn't work. This is really annoying.
2. Add a SSL encryption layer to all peer connections, like what Anoncoin did. Backwards compatibility should be kept.
3. Fix minor bugs, like the "copyright 20013" one, which makes the software look very unprofessional.

Vic what version client are you on - ive had zero issues - i have done multiple decent sized trans -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:38:10 AM

These matters could have been easily handled in private without involving everyone's precious time.

Private is not a good way to do things

I simply acted on the desires of public consensus when all of us talked about the discussion forum in Quark community needing a modern solution like Vanilla. I fronted the costs, secured the forum, and now have the site up @ http://quarktalk.com . QRK did not have a working forum until a few days ago, I am shocked that I am being accused of "political land grabbing", when the suggested solution (vanilla forums) is what's necessary for the integration of the website that Digital Industry has so ineloquently pitched to you all in this thread.

Initially I asked him if he was going to set up the hosting, and he instead went for the 5 minute free forums registration.. I understand his time is extremely limited, and that's why I chose to be a contributor, as I have done in the Bitcoin space each and every day for the last 4 years.  

Max seems to have taken up development now, and for that reason I give him the utmost respect, and want want to work with him to satisfy his best wishes and come up with the long term solutions that work for the Quark Coin community at large.

I am picky because I have experience and want things to work right as we scale and grow... I've explained to Max and Digital in private that exporting/importing  accounts & conversations later on from the provider they're currently using (closed source, managed, third party hosted) is going to be almost impossible to achieve.

I'm working on some really large scale projects right now, and anything that I am doing for QRK, I'm doing for the love of the community so drama is not in my path. Either we do things right technologically speaking or we don't do it at all... I'm here to build value, not to pump the price with cheap effortless tactics.  

If you are a large holder of Quark and you do have Web experience why wouldn't you then design the Web site for Quark - why ask for $2500 - i'm doing work here i'm not getting paid except in the price rise of QRK -

While i know your time is precious - this kind of concerns me , becasue for example Max is not asking for money to say - add security and do code work ?

I want to work with you Flip not against - if we all work together we all benefit the forum was never going to happen like this because we are working on a different information vector -  

I'm not trying to take control of anything in fact this thread is dedicated to asking the community how they feel - and i expressly want to GIVE control to Max.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:43:40 AM

Hi guys

Let's keep the co-operation going in the Quark community.

To explain the forum situation. There was a need for a new quark community forum, so I setup one on http://quark.freeforums.net/. This might not be the best forum solution out there, but it fulfilled our immediate needs.

Quite a few members have registered there and the forum gained momentum quite quickly, so I'm hesitant to move it at the moment.

FlipPro has set up another forum in the mean time, which I appreciate. He is a skilled and respected web developer.

The community is of course free to use any forum, and I'll support any community initiatives related to Quark.

Cheers
Max
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:52:48 AM

digitalindustry,

I'm not asking for any money for the forum integration.

I'm not asking for any money to manage the development of the site.

I asked you in private to raise a tiny amount $2500 was for the purposes of paying my staff to help me develop the product (takes more than just 1 person to build something nice).

I'm not trying to make anything out of the deal, the fact that you would think such a thing is insane.

P.S I don't normally do micro deals of this sort, but I wanted to help the community and make a long term contribution that would be long lasting. I truly don't appreciate it being presented in this fashion, as frankly it makes what I have to offer seem like a cheap deal anyone can get when in reality it's all for the love and greater success of QRK....
victzhang

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:57:26 AM

FlipPro, I understand your concerns about scalability. You are right, we can't rely on these "free" forum in the long run. But what I was thinking is that, currently we don't have enough manpower and funds to run our own hosting, so we want some quick solutions. However, based on the PM you just sent to me, it looks like you have the enough skills to run a successful forum. It that's true, that would be pretty good; I would be very glad we have a web hosting professional like you.

So, for now my another concern is, if we switched to the new forum, is it possible to mitigate important data on the old forum? Do you have enough confidence to make a smooth transformation? We want to make less confusions and troubles to existing users.

Although we had some disagreement, we all want to build up a good Quark community. Let's continue discussion and work something out.

I simply acted on the desires of public consensus when all of us talked about the discussion forum in Quark community needing a modern solution like Vanilla. I fronted the costs, secured the forum, and now have the site up @ http://quarktalk.com . QRK did not even have a working forum until a few days ago, I am shocked that I am being accused of "political land grabbing", when the suggested solution (vanilla forums) is what's necessary for the integration of the website that Digital Industry has so ineloquently pitched to you all in this thread.

I am picky because I have experience and want things to work right as we scale and grow... I've explained to Max and Digital in private that exporting/importing  accounts & conversations later on from the provider they're currently with (closed source, managed, third party hosted) is going to be almost impossible to achieve.

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 09:02:27 AM

Hi guys

Let's keep the co-operation going in the Quark community.

To explain the forum situation. There was a need for a new quark community forum, so I setup one on http://quark.freeforums.net/. This might not be the best forum solution out there, but it fulfilled our immediate needs.

Quite a few members have registered there and the forum gained momentum quite quickly, so I'm hesitant to move it at the moment.

FlipPro has set up another forum in the mean time, which I appreciate. He is a skilled and respected web developer.

The community is of course free to use any forum, and I'll support any community initiatives related to Quark.

Cheers
Max

+1

he's so much more refined than I ha ha.  : |

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:05:13 AM

FlipPro, I understand your concerns about scalability. You are right, we can't rely on these "free" forum in the long run. But what I was thinking is that, currently we don't have enough manpower and funds to run our own hosting, so we want some quick solutions. However, based on the PM you just sent to me, it looks like you have the enough skills to run a successful forum. It that's true, that would be pretty good; I would be very glad we have a web hosting professional like you.

So, for now my another concern is, if we switched to the new forum, is it possible to mitigate important data on the old forum? Do you have enough confidence to make a smooth transformation? We want to make less confusions and troubles to existing users.

Although we had some disagreement, we all want to build up a good Quark community. Let's continue discussion and work something out.

I simply acted on the desires of public consensus when all of us talked about the discussion forum in Quark community needing a modern solution like Vanilla. I fronted the costs, secured the forum, and now have the site up @ http://quarktalk.com . QRK did not even have a working forum until a few days ago, I am shocked that I am being accused of "political land grabbing", when the suggested solution (vanilla forums) is what's necessary for the integration of the website that Digital Industry has so ineloquently pitched to you all in this thread.

I am picky because I have experience and want things to work right as we scale and grow... I've explained to Max and Digital in private that exporting/importing  accounts & conversations later on from the provider they're currently with (closed source, managed, third party hosted) is going to be almost impossible to achieve.

Thank you for the honest questions Vic,

Part of answering your question goes back to my original point Cheesy. Exporting data from freeforums.net to any serious forum platform will prove to be almost impossible. Thats why it's best to jump on board to something real now while it's still early, rather than rely on a third party and deal with a huge mess later on (I've been through this if you can't tell). It's also really fun when the hosting provider shuts down your account randomly due to "routine inspections and/or maintenance", you're down for 12 hours, they have your data (which you can't easily export or backup), and everyone's wondering why they didn't listen to FlipPro Cheesy.

I can recreate all the current sections, duplicate any important how-to threads/directors, and route the roughly (60 registered users) to the real site...
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 09:06:27 AM

End point i want slick as well -

but :

1. Security .

2. Presentation.

i respect FLip and everything he's done   so - really there is no issue - Flip make the site  let Max host it .

Win Win Win

we will raise the Bounty for you,  if the community wants that.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 09:07:59 AM

End point i want slick and presentable as well -

but :

1. Security . Confidence.

2. Presentation.

i respect FLip and everything he's done   so - really there is no issue - Flip make the site  let Max host it .

Win Win Win

we will raise the Bounty for you,  if the community wants that.

^^^^
have i missed the point ?

can we have a show of hands ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: