Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinNotify - Bitcoin solutions for Merchants and the community  (Read 3090 times)
BitcoinNotify.com (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 10:46:54 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2011, 04:52:55 PM by BitcoinNotify.com

BitcoinNotify

Subscribe to Bitcoin payments and Bitcoin prices notifications at BitcoinNotify!

Elevator pitch

Get notifications when:
  • you receive Bitcoins (merchants, miners, donations, etc.)
  • price changes on major exchanges
  • difficulty is adjusted

By:
  • SMS
  • HTTP requests (automation)
  • IM (Jabber)

Merchants dream came true

BitcoinNotify is the most secure way to accept Bitcoins:

• payments go directly to your private wallet - trust no 3rd party
  • keep your wallet disconnected from the network so it can never be stollen by hackers
  • there is nothing to install on the server
  • there is no external API to call
  • customer never leaves your store (no 3rd party site involved)
  • receive HTTP updates of the BTC exchange rates

See how to accept Bitcoin payments in your store / application / bussiness.

Accepting Bitcoin payments is now as simple as handling HTTP requests.

Pricing

The service is free of charge except SMS notifications which cost 0.01 BTC/SMS. This is commercial, company backed effort.

Try and love

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 08:22:12 PM

Lol... Why do you delete my post?
bahatassafus

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 05:32:37 AM

Looks good.
imo you should add the ability to add a received-to-address with an api call.
The mechanisms you suggest:
1.   Create a list of your Bitcoin receiving addresses (i.e. 50 - the more, the better). It is as easy as copy-pasting them from your Bitcoin application to the text file.
2.   Request notifications about payments to your addresses. We will notify you every time someone sends you Bitcoins. Check documentation for HTTP notifications.
3.   In your online store software, for each new order assign one of your Bitcoin addresses and display it to your customer. Mark this address as reserved. Once the order is completed, release associated address so it can be reused. Thus, you need as many addresses, as simultanously open orders.
4.    In your payment handler find order by to_address request parameter, check btc_amount and display payment confirmation to your happy customer!

Note: Alternatively you can use only one receiving address and match order by amount. Bitcoin is divisible to 8 decimal places. Instead of asking for 1.99 BTC, ask exactly for 1.99000001 where 000001 is a way to reliably identify the order. This is the easiest to start with, although a bit weird for your customers and limits your store privacy.

Is more difficult to implement (compared to an API call that sends order id and the receiving address allocated to that order) and less private (Addresses are being reused).

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 12:41:43 PM

Thanks for that great service.
BitcoinNotify.com (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:32:36 PM

imo you should add the ability to add a received-to-address with an api call.

The whole idea is to not store the wallet online. This is why you have to pre-generate Bitcoin receiving addresses (i.e. 1000 of them) for your store.

This small, one-time inconvenience gives you unmatched protection compared to storing wallet on the server and generating addresses on demand.

BitcoinNotify is a "keep your wallet disconnected from the network and sleep well" service for Merchants. This is in contrast to MyBitcoin and other available solutions.
bahatassafus

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:08:46 AM

The whole idea is to not store the wallet online. This is why you have to pre-generate Bitcoin receiving addresses (i.e. 1000 of them) for your store.

I didn't suggest storing the wallet online. I'm suggesting you let the merchant send you a (pre-generated) address together with an order-id when a new order is placed. This way there is no logic to apply when the notification arrives. What good is a SMS message if i must query a database in order to know which order it's referring to?

This also eliminates the need of giving you all the addresses in advance  (which is probably why you came up with this reserve-release-reuse mechanism in the first place..) 

BitcoinNotify.com (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:56:51 PM

Confirmed payment notifications are now fully supported in BitcoinNotify.

Merchant decides how many confirmations are "enough" for his/her purpose.

It is also possible to order notifications on several confirmation levels, i.e. 0/unconfirmed for visual payment acceptance in the store, and 6 confirmations for actually shipping the item.

BitcoinNotify is a "keep your wallet offline and sleep well" service for Merchants. This is in contrast to MyBitcoin and other available solutions.
DareC

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 03:09:12 AM

Feature suggestion: make the service respond to queries over XMPP or e-mail. E.g. allow users to query stats like block count, expected difference adjustment, time until adjustment, etc.. Basically similar to the various ";;bc" commands on the gribble IRC bot, but for those of us who don't get on IRC often.
BitcoinNotify.com (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:03:12 AM

Feature suggestion: make the service respond to queries over XMPP or e-mail. E.g. allow users to query stats like block count, expected difference adjustment, time until adjustment, etc.. Basically similar to the various ";;bc" commands on the gribble IRC bot, but for those of us who don't get on IRC often.
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll consider it although these data are already available in other places (like blockexplorer API).
Herbert

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:40:30 AM

I have to say i really like this way of payment tracking. So much better to always have your wallet under control. And the API is straightforward - took me only 2-3 hours to implement a django module handling the payment process.
Can definitely recommend this!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 12:29:51 PM

This looks very promising.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
tiCeR

Activity: 1708
Merit: 747

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:16:02 PM

Interesting Page Wink i maybe use it in the future Wink good luck with it

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
BitcoinNotify.com (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:57:08 PM

I'm happy to see more and more individuals and businesses tracking Bitcoin payments through BitcoinNotify.

By popular demand https://britcoin.co.uk and https://bitchange.pl exchanges has been added.

This allows you to get notified about Bitcoin prices in GBP and PLN to complement already available USD and EUR.

Subscribe price notifications to adjust prices in your store or simply if you seek bargain.

I don't like to repeat my self, but this is worth stressing Wink - BitcoinNotify is a "keep your wallet offline and sleep well" service for Merchants. BitcoinNotify automates accepting Bitcoins to your wallet by monitoring the Bitcoin network. This is in contrast to MyBitcoin and other available solutions.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:13:16 PM

I'm happy to see more and more individuals and businesses tracking Bitcoin payments through BitcoinNotify.

By popular demand https://britcoin.co.uk and https://bitchange.pl exchanges has been added.

This allows you to get notified about Bitcoin prices in GBP and PLN to complement already available USD and EUR.

Subscribe price notifications to adjust prices in your store or simply if you seek bargain.

I don't like to repeat my self, but this is worth stressing Wink - BitcoinNotify is a "keep your wallet offline and sleep well" service for Merchants. BitcoinNotify automates accepting Bitcoins to your wallet by monitoring the Bitcoin network. This is in contrast to MyBitcoin and other available solutions.

Hey, been down all morning, got an update for your users? :O

Herbert

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 08:07:30 PM

Still down  Embarrassed
Hope you can fix it soon!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 04:28:20 AM

Soooo, any explanation why the site was down for the majority of this week?

I was just considering implementing the API and now I am afraid to rely on it.

Bitcoinreminder.com

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 05:36:58 AM

Another fine alternative is: www.bitcoinreminder.com
Try it out, its completely free at the moment!
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:19:36 PM

It's still down months later, is the service gone?   Undecided
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:24:34 PM

It's still down months later, is the service gone?   Undecided
I believe it was purchased by the untrustworthy individuals behind "CoinExchanger". Try bitcoinmonitor.net (thread).

Bitcoinreminder.com

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:20:57 AM

Service is still down. Another working alternative is: www.bitcoinreminder.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: