Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMKT withdrawals "...temporarily unavailable..."  (Read 2155 times)
Mattzees (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:18:23 AM

My account was verified a few days ago, and I just traded on CoinMKT for the first time.

I deposited crypto, traded crypto, then went to withdraw crypto, and suddenly "...automatic withdrawals are temporarily unavailable.  Please contact support with your account number and..." yadda yadda yadda

Just putting it out there, FYI. 

I will update if/when it gets resolved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:54:01 AM

Is this site legit?  I just deposited some BTC, they have over 20 confirmations but it has yet to appear.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Dalekmun2010

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:02:14 PM

I put some in yesterday and it took about 2 hours, then when I tried to trade them my account went into the negatives.
I emailed CoinMKT, they said they where being DDoS'd, and that it would take the rest of the day for everyone's wallets to re-sync.
Mattzees (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:49:01 PM

I put some in yesterday and it took about 2 hours, then when I tried to trade them my account went into the negatives.
I emailed CoinMKT, they said they where being DDoS'd, and that it would take the rest of the day for everyone's wallets to re-sync.

I don't know anything about a DDoS attack.  Their pages load, and trading engine seems quick, but I still can't withdraw funds.

I got this email from support around 4am:
"Withdrawals will be available again in the morning, we're working on changing some code and updating servers.
Sorry for the delay."

As of 10:45am, withdrawals are still not functioning.

To summarize, you can deposit crypto, and trade crypto, but cannot withdraw crypto.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:00:00 PM

yeah with the ever shadier landscape of bitcoin, it's getting harder and harder to feel like these companies are legit… trust is growing thin.

I too have been trying to withdraw to no avail. Have sent request to "customer service" and not a peep.

humph.
Mattzees (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:56:57 PM

yeah with the ever shadier landscape of bitcoin, it's getting harder and harder to feel like these companies are legit… trust is growing thin.

I too have been trying to withdraw to no avail. Have sent request to "customer service" and not a peep.

humph.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until Monday, but will be contacting them daily.
knybe

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:00:16 AM

with the BitFunder/WeExchange debacle, this kinda "temporary delay" makes me uncomfortably nervous.
Mattzees (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

UPDATE: PROBLEM RESOLVED 

I was able to withdraw my funds from CoinMKT this morning.  Funds deposited in my wallet as of 10:55am EST.
knybe

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

I was able to withdraw my funds from CoinMKT this morning.  Funds deposited in my wallet as of 10:55am EST.

I supposedly "withdrew" as well this morning but nothing. Coins are gone from the account and there is no sign of confirms at the address I requested to.

I've sent multiple emails to coinmkt support with no response… with all the lame scammy activity going on around here I don't dig this at all.
Mattzees (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:52:04 PM

I supposedly "withdrew" as well this morning but nothing. Coins are gone from the account and there is no sign of confirms at the address I requested to.

I've sent multiple emails to coinmkt support with no response… with all the lame scammy activity going on around here I don't dig this at all.

Keep on them and please update this thread.
tskweres

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:55:27 AM

Guys,

CEO of CoinMKT here - we are aware of the withdrawal issue. We received some hacking attempts about 72 hours ago, and we had to shut down withdrawal attempts and in some cases trading to protect user funds.

Our system received thousands of fraudulent trades and withdrawal attempts within a small time frame, and imagine every transaction being in a line or 'queue' waiting to happen, well that queue is very long now, and a lot of legit transactions are waiting in line behind all of the garbage.

Essentially - wannabe hackers suck, and unfortunately they've created a huge backlog for us and a lot of our users. We are working on the issue as fast as we can, but realize we are a small team and dealing with 10,000 plus customers at this point.

Also please notice the other thread about us looking to hire more developers - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335972

Again - my apologies for the hiccups, we're getting everything back in order and writing code to prevent the type of attack experienced the other day, please be patient.

Travis Skweres
CEO - Coin Market
https://www.coinmkt.com/
knybe

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:49:11 AM

Guys,

CEO of CoinMKT here - we are aware of the withdrawal issue. We received some hacking attempts about 72 hours ago, and we had to shut down withdrawal attempts and in some cases trading to protect user funds.

Our system received thousands of fraudulent trades and withdrawal attempts within a small time frame, and imagine every transaction being in a line or 'queue' waiting to happen, well that queue is very long now, and a lot of legit transactions are waiting in line behind all of the garbage.

Essentially - wannabe hackers suck, and unfortunately they've created a huge backlog for us and a lot of our users. We are working on the issue as fast as we can, but realize we are a small team and dealing with 10,000 plus customers at this point.

Also please notice the other thread about us looking to hire more developers - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335972

Again - my apologies for the hiccups, we're getting everything back in order and writing code to prevent the type of attack experienced the other day, please be patient.

Oh wow excellent, thanks Travis for the update and responding to this thread regarding the sitch. I really do like the interface you guys have set up and could see myself using your service as it gets more reliable.

My withdrawal made it to it's intended address this afternoon… thanks again.
tskweres

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 08:12:25 AM

Thanks for using us!

Withdrawals have been up 100% for some time now, and we've got extra security features in place as well, just wanted to drop a note here.

Cheers!

Travis Skweres
CEO - Coin Market
https://www.coinmkt.com/
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 07:24:24 PM

Hello,

I have been using CampBX but thinking of switching to CoinMKT.  How much does it cost to get a money order sent for a withdrawal, and is there a minimum?  I have been waiting a month for a USPOS money order withdrawal from CampBX.  Thanks.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:06:44 PM

I have a pending money order withdrawal from this site, I'll let you know when I receive it.

Also, my BTC withdrawal is not happening, I don't know what's wrong.  It took the money out of my account but I'm not seeing it int he blockchain.  Ugh these BTC sites are so frustrating!

I don't know about this claim that withdrawals are 100% up by the site owner above..

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄