Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Becoming a Devtome writer.  (Read 449 times)
hypotecnotic (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:22:18 AM

I am new to bitcointalk.org, and I am looking to get into the scene of writing for devcoins. The concept and fundamentals of devcoins seem very promising to me, and I believe they are a very positive step toward anti-corruption of software as well as information. Perhaps it would be a good idea to list some of the material which individuals would like to see posted by Devtome writers. Topics for articles would be very useful, as well as bouncing ideas around to see what other members think of them. Additionally if you have any material you would like to be reviewed by other members you can post them, or link the URL here. Any questions about becoming a writer are welcome too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:35:07 AM

Yeah the concept's really growing now - promoting open source - with analytics and advertising revenue incorporated. All a work in progress and not a bad idea to appeal to particular topics, for example there's a wealth of info on cryptos (all/any of them, not just devcoin) that could be built upon: E-Currency | Games

(Will add that I have nothing to do with creation of dvc, but I do write on devtome. More info here if anyone's interested: Devcoin)
giftculturewriting

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:53:26 PM

I'm on peripherally involved with crypto-currencies, and I don't have the know-how or the interest in getting the know-how to get deep into the coding implications. My favorite level of technology is making fire with sticks, but I have more tech savvy than the average person. What I see, as someone who's not really interested in the nitty-gritty of crypto-currency, is that a lot of projects involving crypto-currencies are based on a gift-economy. For instance, Dev Tome licenses its content under CC BY-SA, but all the writers are getting paid. There's an inherent philosophy of trust, and that if you give freely it will come back to you, even in the anarcho-capitalist models. I think its encouraging, and it appears to be gaining momentum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: