Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet address's account needed? To manage users.  (Read 172 times)
wsxdrfv (OP)

Activity: 405
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 03:59:39 AM

If there is one coin daemon running, and at that same server, users will join, then issueing addresses to each users.

Then if I want the users can send & receive to/from his address, when I issue address to user, should I attach account string value to that issues address?

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hushan

Activity: 61
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:50:05 AM

If there is one coin daemon running, and at that same server, users will join, then issueing addresses to each users.

Then if I want the users can send & receive to/from his address, when I issue address to user, should I attach account string value to that issues address?

Account in bitcoin daemon is more like a lable string, address is enough to send and receive coins. But if you want to set a new account for each user for management purpose, you can do that using bitcoind's rpc, refer to getaccountaddress api.

Code:
getaccountaddress

Returns the current bitcoin address for receiving payments to this account. If <account> does not exist, it will be created along with an associated new address that will be returned.

BTC: 38ykUxZeSv5aqav1keCc4KUxXLPPGkfrm5 LTC: MPpWNvqDCVB1PHJt4A28j9oFfc6Y1KKDno ETH: 0x07C8c68d5253247038947EF9495b054160c8737c
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 08:03:39 AM

~snip~

Account in bitcoin daemon is more like a lable string, address is enough to send and receive coins. But if you want to set a new account for each user for management purpose, you can do that using bitcoind's rpc, refer to getaccountaddress api.

Code:
getaccountaddress

Returns the current bitcoin address for receiving payments to this account. If <account> does not exist, it will be created along with an associated new address that will be returned.

I never used the accounts functionality of bitcoin core, but didn't i read somewhere it's deprecated?
But you are correct tough, the only thing the OP needs is a new, unique address per user (or a set of addresses). I'd say it might be a good idear to keep the account management in a seperate database (create a small relational db and keep track of which user "owns" which addresses, do make sure you keep track of change addresses when he spends his unspent outputs!!!)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
starmyc

Activity: 198
Merit: 130

Some random software engineer

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:01:55 AM

I never used the accounts functionality of bitcoin core, but didn't i read somewhere it's deprecated?

Yes. This is literally written as DEPRECATED at all places where the "account" argument can be used:

Code:
$ bitcoin-cli help getnewaddress
getnewaddress ( "account" "address_type" )

Returns a new Bitcoin address for receiving payments.
If 'account' is specified (DEPRECATED), it is added to the address book
so payments received with the address will be credited to 'account'.

[... snap ...]

$ bitcoin-cli help getaccount
getaccount "address"

DEPRECATED. Returns the account associated with the given address.

[... snap ...]

$ bitcoin-cli help getaccountaddress
getaccountaddress "account"

DEPRECATED. Returns the current Bitcoin address for receiving payments to this account.

The account/user management should not be done at the wallet level but by another application/database.

Hi, I'm just some random software engineer.
You can check my projects: Bitcoin & altcoin balances/addresses listing dumps: https://balances.crypto-nerdz.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: