Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: APMEX not selling until the markets open.  (Read 1560 times)
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:32:48 PM

*Attention – Due to the uncertainty in the global precious metals markets, we will not be able to accept any additional orders until the global markets re-open in Asia. We expect to be accepting orders around 6:15 pm EST. Sunday August 7th, 2011, following the market open.

Hm which way will the metals go?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:42:30 PM

i've got a huge short on the metals in place... Grin

edit:  and INCREASED my position in bitcoin over this weekend.
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:51:37 PM

So you're saying they're expecting the prices to go down?  Why would they halt selling in that situation? Just wondering.  I'm thinking about expanding my bitcoin position as well.  Problem is I have mine on Tradehill and the prices are higher there.  Hate to move but might need to very soon.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:58:26 PM

So you're saying they're expecting the prices to go down?  Why would they halt selling in that situation? Just wondering.  I'm thinking about expanding my bitcoin position as well.  Problem is I have mine on Tradehill and the prices are higher there.  Hate to move but might need to very soon.

mine is definitely the contrarian view.  personally i think the Fed realizes it's got to get the metals prices down otherwise they will truly destroy their monopoly on money creation.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 05:47:24 PM

Yeah why in the world would metal prices fall after this debt downgrade??

And how exactly does the Fed keep metal prices down in any meaningful way?
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:50:14 PM

The three key methods seem to be:

- Short selling. Massive, naked short selling.
- FUD and pro-anything-but-metals propaganda.
- Electronic market manipulation and rigging.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:31:10 PM

Yeah why in the world would metal prices fall after this debt downgrade??

severe deflation, the end of QE, the end of an 11 yr bull mkt and....Bitcoin?
ffuentes

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 11:35:22 PM

BUBBLES!

Bursted

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 06:34:16 PM

Shorting gold with QE .... Bad Idea. Don't worry I like when people back their opinions with their money because it shows true conviction. I will take your purchasing power all day long. Scoreboard.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 06:50:57 PM

Shorting gold with QE .... Bad Idea. Don't worry I like when people back their opinions with their money because it shows true conviction. I will take your purchasing power all day long. Scoreboard.

yeah, its painful right now but keep a close eye on silver.  its not confirming gold and the PM stocks are getting decimated.  margin calls are going out and one usu sells their best performers under duress.  silver looks to be rolling.  if it continues gold will follow.  it took about 4 mo after the Dow rolled in 2007 for gold/silver to roll also.  be careful.  i'm scaling in ZSL and DZZ double inverse shorts.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 07:35:28 PM

yeah, its painful right now but keep a close eye on silver.  its not confirming gold and the PM stocks are getting decimated.  margin calls are going out and one usu sells their best performers under duress.  silver looks to be rolling.  if it continues gold will follow.  it took about 4 mo after the Dow rolled in 2007 for gold/silver to roll also.  be careful.  i'm scaling in ZSL and DZZ double inverse shorts.

I don't mind holding the gold I currently own since it was bought at around $800.  I'm not a buyer at these prices although I'm not short either.  Be careful of those double inverse shorts, they correlate rather poorly over the long-term with their underlying benchmarks.  I find them only useful for short-term bets. 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: