Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android and PC Wallet  (Read 858 times)
arfo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:08:18 AM

I was meaning to create a  on my PC and to reach it from my Android phone.Result became a bit different. Here is what i did.

Created a new wallet on the PC.
Opened electrum on Android and selected 'restore from seed'
Entered the seed for the PC wallet (Note! the seed on the PC was on four lines, on the Android, I wrote everything on one line)

It seems I have now two different wallets. The addresses are different and I have been able to send BTCs from one to the other.

Although this is also useful, I would be happy if someone would shed some light on where I went wrong and which steps I should take to achieve my original goal.

thanx
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 10:15:17 AM

The seed is a twelve words phrase, separated by a blank space, in one line.

If you put the same seed in the phone, you'll have access to your private keys both in the PC and in the Android phone.

I think you have made a mistake while writing it down or entering it in the phone.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: